Dynadot

.com 63 character domain name sold for $800..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The domain name containing 63 9's .COM sold for $800 on GoDaddy.

Here's a screenshot:

1.JPG

I am still wondering who are such buyers and why do they buy such names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
@KINGOF.TOP , I noticed that you have approximately 250 domain names listed on 63.domains, all of which in my opinion will never sell beyond $3 on a $1 auction here at NamePros (and that's being generous).

If the renewal is going to be $10 each, this is $2500~ a year (though, I think some renewals are going to be much higher). Are you really investing that much money year-in-year-out until you sell one? How much do you think 1 is going to sell for? And when do you expect your first sale of this caliber? Is that going to be enough to profit, and pay renewals on the other 249 from this point until the sale is finalized?

I'm having a hard time believing that someone would invest this much money into this nonsense. I think you could be generating a hefty profit by now if you had actually invested your time and money in something worthwhile.

I just see others following in your footsteps elsewhere (forsaleforsale...forsale) and it's sad to see any others attempting to do the same thinking that there is a future in "63 domains". They, like you, I'm sure will ultimately fail at domaining.

The cold hard truth.

•••
@KINGOF.TOP , I noticed that you have approximately 250 domain names listed on 63.domains, all of which in my opinion will never sell beyond $3 on a $1 auction here at NamePros (and that's being generous).

If the renewal is going to be $10 each, this is $2500~ a year (though, I think some renewals are going to be much higher). Are you really investing that much money year-in-year-out until you sell one? How much do you think 1 is going to sell for? And when do you expect your first sale of this caliber? Is that going to be enough to profit, and pay renewals on the other 249 from this point until the sale is finalized?

I'm having a hard time believing that someone would invest this much money into this nonsense. I think you could be generating a hefty profit by now if you had actually invested your time and money in something worthwhile.

I just see others following in your footsteps elsewhere (forsaleforsale...forsale) and it's sad to see any others attempting to do the same thinking that there is a future in "63 domains". They, like you, I'm sure will ultimately fail at domaining.

The cold hard truth.

Like always, I am convinced from what I do.
Those 63.DOMAINS are monuments which will sell for monumental sums.
Time will tell.

•••
monumental or monument.al sums ? :

•••

The cold hard truth.

I want to add a second answer:

First, I will 100 % not sell any of my 63.DOMAINS on a auction here @ nP.

Second, your 'estimate' of $3 only shows me that you absolutely don't got the point of those domains.
I just have to sell one of them to renew the rest of them for about the next 10 years.
The time will come when you will call your stated opinion to them 'nonsense' instead of them.

It's sad that you are trying to put others which are also registered great 63.DOMAINS into a 'blind follower' corner.
Do you think they don't know what they do?
They simply got the point of those epic domains - thats the real reason why they registered them.

Of course it's possible that they maybe were a bit influenced from my explanations / foreriding - but hey, this honours me - because it simply confirms my own conviction about those heavy domains.

I am sure they will skyrocket the domainmarket like nothing else.
The great thing is that they are the 'maximum' and thats what rich people like.
That's why they will sell for a maximum.

Let's have a look into just 2 examples:

moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney.money
The highest amount of money in a .money domain.
More money in a .money domain isn't possible.
The perfect .money domain for somone rich who just wants to state that he has the money.

cashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcash.cash
The highest amount of cash in a .cash Domain.
More cash in a .cash domain isn't possible.
The perfect .cash domain for somone rich who just wants to state that he has the cash.

I am totaly sure that there are at least more than one super rich person in the circles of super rich persons which will want to owwwn exactly those domains from the moment on they knowww about them - nearly equal how much they have to payyy - they will buyyy them.
Beacause they can buy everything.

Last edited:
•••
I want to add a second answer:

First, I will 100 % not sell any of my 63.DOMAINS on a auction here @ nP.

Second, your 'estimate' of $3 only shows me that you absolutely don't got the point of those domains.
I just have to sell one of them to renew the rest of them for about the next 10 years.
The time will come when you will call your stated opinion to them 'nonsense' instead of them.

It's sad that you are trying to put others which are also registered great 63.DOMAINS into a 'blind follower' corner.
Do you think they don't know what they do?
They simply got the point of those epic domains - thats the real reason why they registered them.

Of course it's possible that they maybe were a bit influenced from my explanations / foreriding - but hey, this honours me - because it simply confirms my own conviction about those heavy domains.

I am sure they will skyrocket the domainmarket like nothing else.
The great thing is that they are the 'maximum' and thats what rich people like.
That's why they will sell for a maximum.

Let's have a look into just 2 examples:

moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney.money
The highest amount of money in a .money domain.
More money in a .money domain isn't possible.
The perfect .money domain for somone rich who just wants to state that he has the money.

cashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcash.cash
The highest amount of cash in a .cash domain.
More cash in a .cash domain isn't possible.
The perfect .cash domain for somone rich who just wants to state that he has the cash.

I am totaly sure that there are at least more than one super rich person in the circles of super rich persons which will want to owwwn exactly those domains from the moment on they knowww about them - nearly equal how much they have to payyy - they will buyyy them.
Beacause they can buy everything.

cash.png.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Hmmm the following is interesting, excluding new gtlds, it seems like 63 character 8's, 9's etc are taken in .com and only 2 cctlds .cn and .us.
More interesting is the 62, 61, 60, etc. characters are also taken.

Correct me if I missed something.

•••
The problem is that the “maximum” is simply a limit imposed by the DNS system. What’s significant about a 63 letter domain, aside from the fact that it is the highest number the DNS system allows?

An extremely rich person who can buy any domain they want, would want to buy the shortest domain possible allowed by the dns system (L.COM), something truly exclusive, highly in demand, and extremely expensive to acquire.

•••
The problem is that the “maximum” is simply a limit imposed by the DNS system. What’s significant about a 63 letter domain, aside from the fact that it is the highest number the DNS system allows?

An extremely rich person who can buy any domain they want, would want to buy the shortest domain possible allowed by the dns system (L.COM), something truly exclusive, highly in demand, and extremely expensive to acquire.

It's not a problem, it's a solution (against resulting problems if more characters would be alowed).
The significance about 63.DOMAINS is their combination of their pattern in the maximum number of characteres and their TLD.
If those points fitting perfectly together, then they are perfect 63.DOMAINS which are highest in it's exclusivity, highest in it's demand and highest in it's pricing.

An extremeley rich person (contemporary art collector, enduser) who can buy any domain he want, wouldn't buy 'just a boring 1 character domain'.
He would buy the highest of all 63.DOMAINS - the one, which is a combination of an untoppable pattern in the maximum number of characteres and an untoppable TLD - in other words, he would buy

THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN OF ALL TIME
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

21 times top / TLD .top
21 x 3 charachteres = 63 characters
63 characters + TLD .top

The highest possible combination, untoppable, true perfection.

That's what I think what every billionair would prefer.

In front of this domain every 1 character domain is a 'joke'.

That's how I see it.

Last edited:
•••
It's not a problem, it's a solution (against resulting problems if more characters would be alowed).
The significance about 63.DOMAINS is their combination of their pattern in the maximum number of characteres and their TLD.
If those points fitting perfectly together, then they are perfect 63.DOMAINS which are highest in it's exclusivity, highest in it's demand and highest in it's pricing.

An extremeley rich person (contemporary art collector, enduser) who can buy any domain he want, wouldn't buy 'just a boring 1 character domain'.
He would buy the highest of all 63.DOMAINS - the one, which is a combination of an untoppable pattern in the maximum number of characteres and an untoppable TLD - in other words, he would buy

THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN OF ALL TIME
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

21 times top / TLD .top
21 x 3 charachteres = 63 characters
63 characters + TLD .top

The highest possible combination, true perfection.

That's what I think what every billionair would prefer.

In front of this domain every 1 character domain is a 'joke'.

That's how I see it.
This is incorrect. Since your system is based on the limits of the DNS system, you should know that a domain can be much longer than this. toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top is far from the longest domain possible.

•••
This is incorrect. Since your system is based on the limits of the DNS system, you should know that a domain can be much longer than this. toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top is far from the longest domain possible.

Of course I speak about domains in / based on the DNS system.
So it's correct.

Last edited:
•••
The point is, there is simply no correlation between maximum domain length and "perfection". It's just a number based on an artificial limit.

•••
Of course I speak about domains in / based on the DNS system.
So it's correct.
This domain name is allowed by the DNS system:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcde.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com

•••
The point is, there is simply no correlation between maximum domain length and "perfection". It's just a number based on an artificial limit.
The point is, there is simply a correlation between maximum domain length and perfection - because it's simply the highest possible number based on the DNS system*.

*which sets this official limit - so it doesn't matter that it is 'artificial'

•••
The point is, there is simply a correlation between maximum domain length and perfection - because it's simply the highest possible number based on the DNS system*.

*which sets this official limit - so it doesn't matter that it is 'artificial'
Are all maximum limits perfect?

•••
This domain name is allowed by the DNS system:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcde.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com

Are you aware about the difference between a domain and a subdomain?
I thought we are speaking about 63.DOMAINS and not about '63.SUBDOMAINS'.

Regarding to your example, of course I know that there could be created a sub.sub.sub.domain out of toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

Then it would look like this (ignore the colorings):

toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

Yesss this looks really great.
Those are now really the really highest possible number of toptoptoptop, until they 'end' with the TLD .top

But the great point is, that this anyhow is only possible for the current owner of the domain, in this case only for me as the current owner of toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

So no other can 'register' (create) this sub.sub.sub.domain.

Last edited:
•••
Are all maximum limits perfect?
That's a philosophical question - but in this context I clearly would say yes.

•••
That's a philosophical question - but in this context I clearly would say yes.
Following your logic, all 63 letter domains are perfect. However, you play a linguistic game by saying that 'top' means the highest, and that the dictionary definition of this word makes your "perfect" domain more perfect than all the other "perfect" 63 letter domains, which does not make any sense. And since there is no actual correlation between "perfection" and a maximum set limit, I'm afraid it will be very hard to find a buyer who shares this misconception about 63 letter domains.

•••
Following your logic, all 63 letter domains are perfect. However, you play a linguistic game by saying that 'top' means the highest, and that the dictionary definition of this word makes your "perfect" domain more perfect than all the other "perfect" 63 letter domains, which does not make any sense. And since there is no actual correlation between "perfection" and a maximum set limit, I'm afraid it will be very hard to find a buyer who shares this misconception about 63 letter domains.

No, as I said above, only those 63.DOMAINS are perfect which have a perfect combination of their pattern in the maximum number of characteres and their TLD.

Yes, top means highest because words have a meaning and meanings have the purpose to express something definite.

So there is no 'misconception'.
There is just your 'attitude of refusal' against those undeniable facts.
So there will be rich and open minded buyers.

BTW
I am not seeking buyers.
Rich and open minded buyers will find my domain.

Last edited:
•••
Rich and open minded buyers will find my domain.
Very few people know that the maximum letter limit for a domain is 63. Very few people know that .top is a domain extension. It's very unlikely that anyone will simply come looking for toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top.

•••
Very few people know that the maximum letter limit for a domain is 63. Very few people know that .top is a domain extension. It's very unlikely that anyone will simply come looking for toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top.
That's true.
But it speaks for it's exclusivity.
Time will manage it for me, I have time.

Last edited:
•••
That's true.
But it speaks for it's exclusivity.
Time will manage it for me.
What's your estimated time-frame for this elusive wealthy 63 ngtld domain aficionado to appear?

•••
What's your estimated time-frame for this elusive wealthy 63 ngtld domain aficionado to appear?

Hard to say.
Maybe tomorrowww morning.
Maybe in one week / month / year / decade.

To be exact, it depends on all other things on earth and heaven because I believe that everything in existence is connected in some way.

So, simply @ the right time ;)

•••
Interesting question is till how many 63 char domains registered including all extensions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back