NameSilo

XYZ sales, really????

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by betthelot, May 14, 2021

Replies:
Views:

?

It’s legit....stop being such a bore

Poll closed May 28, 2021.
  1. Yes

64 votes
    81.0%
  2. No

15 votes
    19.0%
Total: 79 vote(s)
  1. 3sixty

3sixty Established Member

Well, one thing is that all of these sales taking up space on NameBio will definitely change the perception for domainers that these are investible and renewable assets to hold.

So for that reason, whatever is happening is working.

Why are all the xyz sales at the top of the Namebio page today even? Can you pay to have your sales listed first? They are not even the biggest sales of the day. Weird.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. henrypcyeung

henrypcyeung Established Member

The .xyz sales are at the top because they are the only reported sales on 2021-06-10 so far.

3. 3sixty

3sixty Established Member

Thanks for that. Smart marketing move too then.

4. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

Yeah....they're pretty good marketers, and sometimes that's who wins the race. I'm the jockey riding the .online horse and we're right behind .xyz. I took the reigns just a few months ago and we're catching up. It's turning out to be one hell of a race:xf.grin:

5. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

NameBio shows (1) reported .online sale, for $304, in the last month. That is not much of a race.

Brad

6. ThatNameGuy

You really don't understand the BS that goes on in this industry do you? Try reading between the lines:xf.wink:

7. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Top 10 reported .online sales in the last month -
    1. ligatv.online $304 5/18/2021

:xf.laugh:

8. DirkS

DirkS Dutchman.info VIP

Out of curiosity, how many .online domains do you hold by now? Must be quite a lot. Would you be willing to share some data, like in another post obviously not to derail this one.

It would be a nice and valuable contribution to the forum to read the experience from someone trying his luck registering .online (or any other ngTLD) in bulk and getting some insight on the thought process during registration, volume, sales, traffic, acquisition cost, where to park, research. Things like that.

I'm not much into ngTLDs but there is opportunity, this thread proves that. Had some moderate sales this year personally, in a variety of new extensions, which was pretty much luck/research. But never played the number game on anything beside gTLD/ccTLD.

Even failed endeavours are valuable to share. There's this other thread about someone registering thousands of .xyz and miserably failed. Look it up, good read as well.

Even though you're not always seeing eye to eye with some members here, I believe most would still appreciate a well written up thread about your venture in .online.

Edit: I know you have this other .online thread but that one is all over the place :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  9. DirkS

DirkS Dutchman.info VIP

That's a nice number :)

I know. I personally am convinced you can make this profitable (or break even) but you gotta work hard the first year as unlike .xyz, you cannot renew a large sum of the portfolio due to ridiculous renewal costs.

I know, reason I'm asking is not for me but for the community. People handregging thousands of domains in a ngTLD is not very common. You have something uniquely to share is you decided to post a nice article about it. If you can't/won't I understand though.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

No NameBio don’t do promotions on sale listings. It is simply the fact that sales get listed on NameBio when approved, and show by date. So a sale after the last posting time will show near top until the next posting time when the sales they have taken from auction sites etc. are added in, when all sales are then ordered by price.
    Bob

11. ThatNameGuy

Dirk...i'm playing in a two day golf tournament starting in a few hours, but come Sunday I'll start a thread addressing why I own thousands of a single new gTLD's, and provide some insight into my marketing strategy. Also i'll share how I know that things like "renewal" registrations are negotiable especially if the registry you're partnered with believes you've got your chit together......gotta run Dirk. Later!

12. DirkS

DirkS Dutchman.info VIP

Sweet. Have a good tournament!

13. Charybdis

Charybdis Established Member

Did you know? Xyz is a word in the Akkala Sami language, its meaning in English: "I don't have the money to buy a .com domain name".

14. Exposer

Exposer Established Member

15. ahmedadel

ahmedadel Restricted (Market)

I flipped some .xyz domains,Vet.xyz was one of them.
    Now i own Bed.xyz & Sing.xyz and flipping them now also.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  16. Exposer

Exposer Established Member

I dont know what you mean with flipped and flippimg but im generating massive traffic with dllerror.xyz

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice