81.0%
  • 2nd

No

votes
    19.0%

• 79 votes
  • Ended 3 years ago
  • Final results
Am I the only one that feels the numbers and values are looking suspicious. Given xyz history with using smokes and mirrors to market the name space I am a bit sceptical but can be convinced otherwise.
What is your gut feel? Last 2 weeks sales from same person Swetha DNGear
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, she’s known as “Queen of XYZ” for a reason. i am 100% .com, see xyz worthless, but i acknowledge she stands up to scrutiny.

I find it difficult to caste doubt of huge sale disclosures — we all want the same thing.

Hats off to @DNGear, a true PRO,
keep on doing YOU, whatever works for u.

i dont doubt your sales, and appreciate you, even if our philosophical ideals are at odds. This is your greatest doubt yet, Good luck!

From this 100% 💯 com portfolio holder, who believes in heathy cynicism & doubt, without making her feel, taking away, hard work took.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations to her. I personally don't care about what other people do or sell beside learning from their experience, what counts really is what you do for yourself.

•••
I guess:
When you need to renew 16K .xyz , 2k .other & 300 .com (+/-) domain names ... it's like a wild run.

•••
I guess:
When you need to renew 16K .xyz , 2k .other & 300 .com (+/-) domain names ... it's like a wild run.

Yup. I was just thinking, the same type of people love to question @Mike Mann sales. There always naysayers. assume OP good intentions,but more inclined to believe Swetha

Last edited:
•••
Could be money laundering. So the sales are kinda legit. :xf.laugh:

•••
Yup. I was just thinking, the same type of people love to question @Mike Mann sales. There always naysayers. assume OP good intentions,but more inclined to believe Swetha

Just saying; It's so much easier to suggest/pitch .xyz when you tell prospect:

"More and more companies are using .xyz s.a. Godaddy.xyz, SalesForce.xyz, Alphabet abc.xyz, Facebook.xyz etc."... but without clarifying why (trademark / brand protection etc.)

•••
.xyz is cool and oftentimes when a company can't get a .com or .io they'll go for a .xyz - @DNGear crushes it and is one of my favorite domain investors.

•••
I had the same inclination at first, considering I co own both,

wines.xyz

&

whiskey.xyz

I have not sold these names nor have I gotten any significant offers on them,

That said, I have gotten significant offers on other GTLDs and have sold them, so yes I do believe Swethas sales are real, she has a large portfolio, so sales for her come up randomly ^ same with Mike Mann, except he is invested in .com ... again his sales are bonkers as well, LightRock for $94,888 ...

Just crazy

•••
... again his sales are bonkers as well, LightRock for $94,888 ...

bonkers? companies investing in assets that provide a cash flow,...sometimes the tax calculator will show you $94K is $0K or less.

Domains are necessity.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I believe its real, been following swetha since xyz came out, they were not always selling for those prices, that's why i believe its real. first it was few hundred dollars, then x,xxx amount and now 5 digits. like I said I sold all my 1 word names for next to nothing too soon, I had mozart gary inquirer cherokee, i had more but i let them lapse its been so long i forgot.

but i still have POCKET so if anyone wants to get it hint hint:) Im sure it will sell eventually, i dont care either way, all this does is increase the value of xyz. so grats to her

Last edited:
•••
Understandable. I think what we are seeing here is mix of quantity + quality held by her in single terms in .xyz. Most of us are not invested in the thousands in any single new gTLD, let alone one-word singular wonders. So though it seems crazy at first glance, it can make sense taken into that context. If we were to spread these .xyz's around multiple investors selling them it wouldn't seem so odd.

I own less than 5 .xyz's, Alessandro has a couple, so even if this these still take years to sell it would still be in proportion with portfolio size and quality of the keywords. I have sold some of the same keywords in other new gTLD extensions.

It would be more of a genuine "feel" if these sold names were actually doing something and not just still sitting there at generic landers. A bit of a head-scratcher there, because these sales prices are above the comfort zone of someone just buying a domain to invest in or to just have.

•••
I had the same inclination at first, considering I co own both,

wines.xyz

&

whiskey.xyz

I have not sold these names nor have I gotten any significant offers on them,

That said, I have gotten significant offers on other GTLDs and have sold them, so yes I do believe Swethas sales are real, she has a large portfolio, so sales for her come up randomly ^ same with Mike Mann, except he is invested in .com ... again his sales are bonkers as well, LightRock for $94,888 ...

Just crazy
Make a offer to @DNGear to buy it or broker your names . From my point of view is a trusted person :xf.wink:

Understandable. I think what we are seeing here is mix of quantity + quality held by her in single terms in .xyz. Most of us are not invested in the thousands in any single new gTLD, let alone one-word singular wonders. So though it seems crazy at first glance, it can make sense taken into that context. If we were to spread these .xyz's around multiple investors selling them it wouldn't seem so odd.

I own less than 5 .xyz's, Alessandro has a couple, so even if this these still take years to sell it would still be in proportion with portfolio size and quality of the keywords. I have sold some of the same keywords in other new gTLD extensions.

It would be more of a genuine "feel" if these sold names were actually doing something and not just still sitting there at generic landers. A bit of a head-scratcher there, because these sales prices are above the comfort zone of someone just buying a domain to invest in or to just have.

I am from domainers who invest in one word ccTLD , or TLD or newTLD & i am good with sales , just sold a ccTLD with 4250 USD ( i will post here or on Namebio when deal is complete - receive the money )

So good for @DNGear doing a great work

Kind regards, to all & remain 5 day's until i guess i will have 10 stars on my profile :-P:xf.smile::xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Here are SOME of the possibilities:

1. Legit sales

2. Owners of .xyz are buying it to create an .io style frenzy and DNGear is not aware of it

3. DNGear is aware and is in on the con

4. DNGear holds many .xyz and posts or creates fake sales to help move the value of the extension

Personally the sales make no sense to me, but dogecoin makes no sense to me either nor do startups with nothing raising 100 million dollars.

•••
Something ive noticed is the prices, its very chinese oriented as far as numbers go, correct me if im wrong, then again that just could be a coincidence with the price and the reasoning to put that number. so far the people buying up the domains ive seen after the purchase are like investment firms and startups, and seem legitimate as far as the surface goes so to speak.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Am I the only one that feels the numbers and values are looking suspicious. Given xyz history with using smokes and mirrors to market the name space I am a bit sceptical but can be convinced otherwise.
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888
She is posting screenshots of proof instead of only listing the names sold , so obviously they are legit..

•••
bonkers? companies investing in assets that provide a cash flow,...sometimes the tax calculator will show you $94K is $0K or less.

Domains are necessity.

Bonkers in this instance means “crazy” ... and yes it is crazy, considering Mike Mann is one of the few in the industry that can collectively score large domain deals every week on mediocre names

yes domains are a necessity, no argument there.

I for one wouldn’t spend $50K on the name attached, would you

Attachments

• 580F585D-B960-4010-A44B-1C1D9A3D5327.jpeg
    580F585D-B960-4010-A44B-1C1D9A3D5327.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 371
•••
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888

I dont get the post?? There is proof of these sales? What is suspicious about it?? Also remember people like Mike Mann with over 350,000 names will obviously have regular sales with that quantity, imagine the renewal fees though? The same applies to dngear, not sure how many names she owns, but I hear its a fair amount, which explains the sales. A much safer strategy is having a lower number of better quality names.

•••
Make a offer to @DNGear to buy it or broker your names . From my point of view is a trusted person :xf.wink:

I am from domainers who invest in one word ccTLD , or TLD or newTLD & i am good with sales , just sold a ccTLD with 4250 USD ( i will post here or on Namebio when deal is complete - receive the money )

So good for @DNGear doing a great work

Kind regards, to all & remain 5 day's until i guess i will have 10 stars on my profile :-P:xf.smile::xf.grin:

That would be a good idea, however I’m pretty sure Swetha only does inbound sales ... meaning people contact her, and since she has a large portfolio, she is getting sales

•••
My understanding:

1. Namebio verifies the sales or they’re reported by the marketplace or passed via API

2. The names are typically one-word generics, no funny words

3. The names are currently being bought by crypto, defi, NFT startups, who are in a white-hot, well-funded space. Check out beacon for an example. The others are parked or “already sold” so if you’re serious about the truth instead of casting aspersions, check back and verify if they’re developed soon. I’d raise an eyebrow if they were listed for sale again. A bit rich for investor purchases, these prices.

4. If you have an inventory of 15K and can expect a best-case of 1-2% sell through per year, that’s 150-300 per year. So 3-6 per week seems to match up, doesn’t it? Also, don’t get too tied up in the sales price since you don’t know the buying price or what her renewal burden is. A lot of the money also goes back into replenishment and upgrades to inventory plus operations costs. Anyone know if she also has staff she has to pay to help manage this?

At the moment, I have less evidence to disbelieve than I do to believe the sales.

Last edited:
•••
She is posting screenshots of proof instead of only listing the names sold , so obviously they are legit..
Yeah, screenshots are pretty legit.
Look, I've got 25 billion USD offer for google.com from the future! Hooray...

ggl.png

•••
Should be congratulating this person imho any sales in any extension help all of us.
And why would you go to the trouble of posting BS sales.
Just my thoughts.
Cheers.

•••
I believe sales are real. There is no reason to doubt that. This doubt find its roots in jealously. I am proud that she has Indian flag on her dp.
Daily sales or a sale in 2-3 days is 100% possible when you own a portfolio of good domain names > 10000.

One thing which I personally noticed was that some of the best .xyz domain names registered in 2014-15 are available on dan.com and other marketplaces for amounts < 3-4k , but still they are not getting sold. I believe she has been lucky as she is selling for good prices and some of the domains were recently registered in 2020.

•••
Back