NameSilo

XYZ sales, really????

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by betthelot, May 14, 2021

Replies:
Views:

?

It’s legit....stop being such a bore

Poll closed May 28, 2021.
  1. Yes

64 votes
    81.0%
  2. No

15 votes
    19.0%
Total: 79 vote(s)
  1. MapleDots

MapleDots Restricted (15-30%)

I was following this topic for a while and noticed the Domain King owned DomainKing.xyz so even he deemed it important enough to protect his brand in .xyz

I also notice he does not own DomainKing.online so that tells you right away how he feels about the two extensions.

I know he runs a few .tv sites but the fact that he owns some .xyz does give some credence to the extension.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

lol,,,who cares what the Domain King does? MapleDots.online has 10x the cred that MapleDots.xyz has.
    Check the stats at ntldstats.com where you'll find that .online is on fire:xf.wink:

3. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

@ThatNameGuy .world feels nicer than .online.
    .online .company is really bad btw

4. ThatNameGuy

lol....that's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions:xf.wink:

5. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

.Online reported sales in the last month...

2 Total Sales
    $409 Dollar Volume

🔥

6. ThatNameGuy

lol Mugford and friends. Namebio is one of my resources too, but there's a HUGE difference between so called reported sales of .xyz and .online. As a former licensed private investigator, i've been researching (one might say investigating) the reported sales by DNGear from the last year. Very few of the .xyz sales actually lead to a legitimate website/business.....you can check for yourself. As for .online, I've yet to start my sales campaign but when I ask potential "end users" and peers, if you were to start a business "online" and the .com wasn't available, would you choose Booking.online or Booking.xyz? Don't believe me Brad, overwhelmingly they chose Booking.online...try it yourself Brad, record the results and share it with us.

Good Luck☺

7. ThatNameGuy

Sorry i hadn't gotten back to you Nicholas....i've been busy looking for Ghost Tours Online but have yet to find one. You'll enjoy the Savannah tour....my wife and I went on it 30 years ago.

Also, i've been meaning to reach out to you but haven't had time. Take care and maybe we can help each other, My Mantra; "Make Something Happen"☺

8. Jason Baudendistel

Jason Baudendistel CEO Wibbets Inc

I personally wouldn't touch an XYZ extension but still happy for her. I don't have the risk appetite to go after domain extensions that feel so much like a shot in the dark.

9. ThatNameGuy

Jason....do you mean you wouldn't want to market yourself as a StrategyConsultant.online? I consult with businesses and people all the time, and being a strategy consultant online makes sense to me

10. Heisenberg.d

Heisenberg.d Established Member

Today I saw an active .XYZ Website and it looked weird

11. ThatNameGuy

You're from Mars right? I'm curious, was it the site that was weird or just the fact it's extension was .XYZ?

12. scithe

scithe Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

LemonParty probably looks weird but I don't think that hurts the .org brand.

Not sure why a .xyz.

Maybe they did mean it looked weird to see someone using it. I felt like that about any "real" company using a non .com/net/org the first time I saw one.

13. ThatNameGuy

OMG Nicholas....i made the mistake of going to LemonParty.org, and I promise I'll never go back:xf.eek: I don't know why .xyz either, but they've sold a lot of promotional domains.

Question? Do you understand the "why" when you go to NamesCon.online? If you do than we should talk.

It's really funny how some people see things so differently than others. I was a mere lad of 70 years young three years ago when I saw the domain PingPong.gives, and i was curious enough about it that I checked it out and it turned out to be a good thing. That's when i learned about new gTLD's, and I immediately thought they were cool:xf.cool: Now that's me, but if i truly believe in something I can sell it to others. This is why I'm so turned on to .online. Make sense?

Thanks for your input(y)

14. Heisenberg.d

obviously the extension. I mean how can you know the intended business of .XYZ extension?

"Cookies.XYZ" does make sense but not "Starbucks.xyz"

15. ThatNameGuy

I'm not even sure "Cookies.XYZ" makes sense. How so? I'm curious, does "Cookies.online" make sense to you? Anyone?

16. Heisenberg.d

Cookies.xyz might explain a wide variety of cookie stock. like "you can buy xyz any cookie from our store" . Otherwise, xyz doesn't make any sense to me.

The only xyz i Own is "Dafaq.xyz", do you want to BUY

17. ThatNameGuy

No....makes no sense:xf.rolleyes:....i'd rather own WTFaq.xyz that is available:xf.wink:

18. Windoms

HAHA THAT IS SO BAD.
    HAHA!!!

(I need to ask serious people not to go)
    @bmugford @Silentptnr @Recons.Com

Dont go.

19. Windoms

20. Windoms

I just laughed so hard tagging these people you wouldnt imagine.
    Well I hope no wife or business associate is around.
    (Oops)

21. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

Thanks for the heads up ) Since I wasn't going anyway, this is on par with warning me against going out at night in the favelas of Rio )

22. ThatNameGuy

Windoms....i'm laughing with you as I suspect Heisenberg.d (who started this) is as well.....at least he's laughing at you and me.

Back on topic....while most of the top new gTLD's are falling off the cliff, both .xyz and .online seem to be hanging in there. I registered a two word .online name yesterday where the equivalent .com is valued @ 180K at Estibot and 250K @ Nameworth. Even GD values it > 25K and that's as high as it goes.

For this domain the .online extension is a perfect fit similar to NamesCon Online:xf.wink:. btw, i just registered at NamesCon.online for their conference in September....i hope you have(y)

23. Jason Baudendistel

Jason Baudendistel CEO Wibbets Inc

Fair argument but that domain is likely taken and pricey. The small number of non dot com and dot net domains I would are probably already owned and being squatted on.

24. ThatNameGuy

That's sort of my point Jason. I think I picked up the name "strategy consultant" either from your Linkedin bio or somewhere else, and when you go to StrategyConsultant.com it redirects:xf.rolleyes:

StrategyConsultant.online is available to buy for .99 cents and if you don't want it, i'll probably buy it later. Thanks for commenting.

25. Mr. Deleted

Mr. Deleted Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728 VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I think my only .xyz is amish.xyz. it forwards to my facebook group with almost 135000 members. I have the .co forwarded to my store page.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice