81.0%
  • 2nd

No

votes
    19.0%

• 79 votes
  • Ended 3 years ago
  • Final results
Am I the only one that feels the numbers and values are looking suspicious. Given xyz history with using smokes and mirrors to market the name space I am a bit sceptical but can be convinced otherwise.
What is your gut feel? Last 2 weeks sales from same person Swetha DNGear
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did not vote in the poll because I think the initial post should be deleted. It is not only unfair to a NamePros member, but it is harmful to our community and domain investors in general.

By saying "it looks suspicious" the original post went well beyond reasonable informed comment. By including her username and name in thread title makes it even worse. These sales are well authenticated - took place at major marketplaces (Afternic, DAN, SquadHelp, perhaps Sedo too). They were authenticated by NameBio. She even shared screenshots on social media.

We should be celebrating @DNGear for having a long term plan, daring to be innovative and define her own path, sticking with the plan when many would have given up, having the insight to see what sort of names have value, and the confidence to ask, and get, good prices. She is the sort of person who is propelling domain investing forward. That she also interacts with NamePros is to the benefit of us all.

Congratulations on your sales @DNGear and best wishes for many more

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Am I the only one that feels the numbers and values are looking suspicious. Given xyz history with using smokes and mirrors to market the name space I am a bit sceptical but can be convinced otherwise.
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888

Open challenge. If you prove any sale which i have posted is fake, I will give all my 18K domains to you free of cost. If you can't prove, you should give all your domains to me.

My 18K domains cost me 6 years of my valuable time and more than half a million dollar investment.

Last edited:
•••
Well, she’s known as “Queen of XYZ” for a reason. i am 100% .com, see xyz worthless, but i acknowledge she stands up to scrutiny.

I find it difficult to caste doubt of huge sale disclosures — we all want the same thing.

Hats off to @DNGear, a true PRO,
keep on doing YOU, whatever works for u.

i dont doubt your sales, and appreciate you, even if our philosophical ideals are at odds. This is your greatest doubt yet, Good luck!

From this 100% 💯 com portfolio holder, who believes in heathy cynicism & doubt, without making her feel, taking away, hard work took.

Last edited:
•••
Most people don't grasp that asking a specific doubts-related question unlocks learning and validation… all that goes into teaching. Ppl should take a bigger picture than just stick to the legit question asking for clarification .
——
(fyi , OP is a Hard-working, experienced salesperson (& more than just domain investor) with a positive attitude, running a multimillion business…)

Regards
If the OP is really hardworking, experienced salesperson, They wouldn't mention someone else's name on the title. He is not even ready to take the challenge.
Even, NP mods didn't respond about removing my name in the title. This is a very unfair attitude. @Echo Mod Team

Coming to @alcy, He is always wanted to blame me and my sales. He doesn't have any other work rather than how .xyz is doing, ROI. blah blah? IF we dont have sales how come we calculate ROI.
If we buy 20K .onl or .vip or .icu, Can we sell them like this? Please dont show attitude. A fact is always a fact despite how many times we wanted to hide.

Last edited:
•••
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888

I dont get the post?? There is proof of these sales? What is suspicious about it?? Also remember people like Mike Mann with over 350,000 names will obviously have regular sales with that quantity, imagine the renewal fees though? The same applies to dngear, not sure how many names she owns, but I hear its a fair amount, which explains the sales. A much safer strategy is having a lower number of better quality names.

•••
She's smart and conquered an entire extension! She saw the vision, and it is now paying off which is the point of it all. Congrats Swetha! We can all learn from you. Thank you for sharing and giving us inspiration. (y)

Last edited:
•••
Here are SOME of the possibilities:

1. Legit sales

2. Owners of .xyz are buying it to create an .io style frenzy and DNGear is not aware of it

3. DNGear is aware and is in on the con

4. DNGear holds many .xyz and posts or creates fake sales to help move the value of the extension

Personally the sales make no sense to me, but dogecoin makes no sense to me either nor do startups with nothing raising 100 million dollars.

•••
I did not vote in the poll because I think the initial post should be deleted. It is not only unfair to a NamePros member, but it is harmful to our community and domain investors in general.

By saying "it looks suspicious" the original post went well beyond reasonable informed comment. By including her username and name in thread title makes it even worse. These sales are well authenticated - took place at major marketplaces (Afternic, DAN, SquadHelp, perhaps Sedo too). They were authenticated by NameBio. She even shared screenshots on social media.

We should be celebrating @DNGear for having a long term plan, daring to be innovative and define her own path, sticking with the plan when many would have given up, having the insight to see what sort of names have value, and the confidence to ask, and get, good prices. She is the sort of person who is propelling domain investing forward. That she also interacts with NamePros is to the benefit of us all.

Congratulations on your sales @DNGear and best wishes for many more

Bob
Bob, I absolutely agree with you. The strenght of Swetha @DNGear we can see in her calm responce to this thread. I like her attitude very much. She has no obligation to show any proof to namepros members but I asume she's probably doing it because of her gratitude to the community. I for myself have made the same commitment to the namepros community to give something back if I can. And this is the most we all can do for this forum.
Thank you Swetha for sharing your sales - you will have positive powerful karma for sure!

•••
Congratulations to her. I personally don't care about what other people do or sell beside learning from their experience, what counts really is what you do for yourself.

•••
Of course I can do that. No problem at all.

Regards

Do you really think you are saving fellow domainers? Being a member since 6 years in Namepros. I never read your post until this thread.
Your motive seems like whatever the extenson you say, we all should buy. We shouldn't sell other extensions. Even if we sell That would be a registry sale.

I started buying .xyz domains in NP since 2015.

Here is a screenshot of my payment which was bought in 2016 in here. So Let's concentrate on our work and drop this conspiracy. We only live once.

upload_2021-5-18_22-57-2.png

•••
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888
She is posting screenshots of proof instead of only listing the names sold , so obviously they are legit..

•••
My understanding:

1. Namebio verifies the sales or they’re reported by the marketplace or passed via API

2. The names are typically one-word generics, no funny words

3. The names are currently being bought by crypto, defi, NFT startups, who are in a white-hot, well-funded space. Check out beacon for an example. The others are parked or “already sold” so if you’re serious about the truth instead of casting aspersions, check back and verify if they’re developed soon. I’d raise an eyebrow if they were listed for sale again. A bit rich for investor purchases, these prices.

4. If you have an inventory of 15K and can expect a best-case of 1-2% sell through per year, that’s 150-300 per year. So 3-6 per week seems to match up, doesn’t it? Also, don’t get too tied up in the sales price since you don’t know the buying price or what her renewal burden is. A lot of the money also goes back into replenishment and upgrades to inventory plus operations costs. Anyone know if she also has staff she has to pay to help manage this?

At the moment, I have less evidence to disbelieve than I do to believe the sales.

Last edited:
•••
Title would be been fine as xyz sales??? Without her name and handle.
Also it is her business name on DAN - it needs removing from the title of the thread as it will be indexed and could have a negative impact on her sales......not cool

•••
Opinion must be based on the own experience/practice.
If no experience with significant investments in certain TLD - then keep your opinion private.

•••
I touched upon this above....the roi element for the purpose of this thread is irrelevant, not saying it isn't important (it is) but the OP has set this thread up in such a way as to question the validity of her sales.....it's not about roi.....

I agree. My point is just if you own a lot of single word terms in any extension, you will sell some of them.

They are only reporting the less than 1% that sell, not the 99% that don't sell. It is the same reason people question Mike Mann's sales.

Some people who don't deal in large portfolios don't really understand law of averages. It might look suspicious to some because of that.

You can sell domains at high prices if you own enough domains and have a low sell-through rate.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If the OP is really hardworking, experienced salesperson, They wouldn't mention someone else's name on the title. He is not even ready to take the challenge.
Even, NP mods didn't respond about removing my name in the title. This is a very unfair attitude. @Echo Mod Team

Coming to @alcy, He is always wanted to blame me and my sales. He doesn't have any other work rather than how .xyz is doing, ROI. blah blah? IF we dont have sales how come we calculate ROI.
If we buy 20K .onl or .vip or .icu, Can we sell them like this? Please dont show attitude. A fact is always a fact despite how many times we wanted to hide.

You got the name out of the title.
I also like the new title better.

This is the best possible outcome, imo.
And more rule changes might be underway! (Not allowed to use someone else’s name to to question their disclosed sales’ credibility.)

We see poll results. We see majority repliesx
Most all, we see you, working.
Opinion of you has not changed, if anything, should reaffirm your status “Queen of XYZ
Thanks for maintaining class, the entire time.

Your reputation might precede that of xyz itself. And that’s a good thing. Keep leading the way. I’m most bias, but u been sharing since day 1.

Last edited:
•••
The interview I did with Swetha details a lot

Swetha from DNGear.com has been on quite a tear in 2020. The extension of choice? .XYZ!

12 of the top 15 reported .xyz sales in 2020 have been made by Swetha.

I took some time to ask a few questions on how she got started, and why .xyz?

1) When did you start domain investing?

Swetha) Thanks a lot for this opportunity to reach all the domain investors, Raymond.

I have started domaining since March 2015. I have registered around 600 junk domains in March and April 2015 in GoDaddy. Later on, I was started reading the namepros threads. I came to know what’s brandable domain, why would anyone buy our domain if it’s not good.

https://tldinvestors.com/2020/07/dngear-com-xyz.html

•••
You really don't understand the BS that goes on in this industry do you? Try reading between the lines:xf.wink:

Top 10 reported .online sales in the last month -
  1. ligatv.online $304 5/18/2021

:xf.laugh:

•••
I guess:
When you need to renew 16K .xyz , 2k .other & 300 .com (+/-) domain names ... it's like a wild run.

•••
Understandable. I think what we are seeing here is mix of quantity + quality held by her in single terms in .xyz. Most of us are not invested in the thousands in any single new gTLD, let alone one-word singular wonders. So though it seems crazy at first glance, it can make sense taken into that context. If we were to spread these .xyz's around multiple investors selling them it wouldn't seem so odd.

I own less than 5 .xyz's, Alessandro has a couple, so even if this these still take years to sell it would still be in proportion with portfolio size and quality of the keywords. I have sold some of the same keywords in other new gTLD extensions.

It would be more of a genuine "feel" if these sold names were actually doing something and not just still sitting there at generic landers. A bit of a head-scratcher there, because these sales prices are above the comfort zone of someone just buying a domain to invest in or to just have.

•••
beacon.xyz $24,888
Genisis.xyz $21,399
Patron.xyz $9,888
Protocol.xyz $8,000
Split.xyz $7,888

Go away with your negativity. What you are experiencing is called jealously.

Also some of the sales happened at SquadHelp some at Afternic— are you accusing SH of faking sales?

Please stop attacking the woman domainer who obviously makes alot more than you do. Would you do the same for a man? How about worry about your own sales. Idiot threads like this are why we don’t see more reports.

Last edited:
•••
Another one of those stupid threads. Man, why question someone's sales? Why waste your time and mind thinking about or speculate on someone else's success? What next? Mike Mann? Rick? or someone else?

People are busy grinding hard, making sales, and minding their own business. They don't hang around here and waste their time replying to someone's conspiracy theories. And so should you. You won't usually see me here, but once in a while, I see threads like these that I couldn't unsee and have to drop my 2 cents.

Well, you are free to drop yours too but make sure to gain something out of it. There's nothing to take out of this thread. If you're so bent on killing your time, you could have spent a few minutes of yours to do a little research on her and get your answers by yourself, instead of starting a baseless poll and questioning someone's name and capabilities without any proof. She posting real sales? few fake sales? I don't think so and I don't care. Not our business. Let her do her thing. I'll do mine. Hope you'll do yours.

Life is beautiful. Time is short. Use it for something good. I am gonna do that too.
Have a good time.
Peace.

Last edited:
•••
@DNGear - please keep reporting your sales, I for one am glad to read about them and truly wish you continued success.

The better you do the more buzz you create, I would not worry about your name in the title, it just means you are creating the buzz.

When it comes to domaining there is only one thing that matters and that is the zeros after the first dollar earned.

So just keep doing what you're doing and let your sales do the talking, keep reporting them and the critics will eventually fade away.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on the sales @DNGear wishing you more success.

I think it's unfair that your name is in the title. Also, I don't understand why there is a debate (just opinions), if someone knows something then share. Otherwise, I think this should have been a generic discussion about XYZ sales, not targetting a specific member. It is easy to accuse other people without evidence/facts, imagine if it was your name & legit sales being questioned for no reason :(

•••
I agree but who are you referencing? To be fair some were very pissed that offthehandle was doxxed and felt Namepros should have banned those who participated. One person I know well told me after that he logged out of Namepros and has never logged back in. I asked are you ever coming back? He said, "Fuck 'em!!!" He also told me, "I am good at doxxing too, let the games begin." I don't know if he followed up on any of that.

As I have always said we are not all on the same team.

I was referring to this thread right here not the old one that you had mentioned.

But in general regardless of what thread we are talking about people should learn how to express their opinions and concerns without demeaning other members.

I felt bad for DnGear being talked down to and disrespected at times by a few members here whom their hatred for the XYZ extension and perhaps the New gTLDs in general was their only motive for their harsh treatment of someone who should have otherwise been praised for her success.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back