Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My latest development is launched. Pretty happy with it, here is the link Cheap Scooters
Well I didn't really do it, I paid for it and AEIOU did it ;)

•••
HOLY CRAP! AEIOU charges 250 bucks to make a five page minisite?!!?! Basically, all they are doing is writing a little content, using a free template you can get on the net, and charging 250 bucks for it. That's crazy. Oh, and all of their minisites violate Adsense TOS. None of them have privacy policies which is a direct violation of adsense and can get you banned after the TOS changes.

•••
Fragger,

you may want to read www.aeiou.com to see what else they do with linking/marketing/optimization.It is not just websitebuilding.
Whether that is worth 250 dollar(he 170 euro sounds a lot cheaper) depends a lot on what the outcome is eventually and your own skills or others you would pay for doing the same.
If the ROI time is 1 year like they are kind of aiming for it would not be too much for me.Question is whether it will do so.

•••
Fragger said:
HOLY CRAP! AEIOU charges 250 bucks to make a five page minisite?!!?! Basically, all they are doing is writing a little content, using a free template you can get on the net, and charging 250 bucks for it. That's crazy. Oh, and all of their minisites violate Adsense TOS. None of them have privacy policies which is a direct violation of adsense and can get you banned after the TOS changes.
You're right that any bloke can make these aeiou sites in half a day, but you need a vast network that many domainers have no access to to increase pagerank and traffic. I had no idea how hard it would be to start link building from scratch. The traffic from backlinks is definitely worth more than the site itself.

•••
I'm curious why most of you have chosen to develop multiple minisites instead of developing 1-2 more complete sites. Why create 20 good sites on different topics when you could create 1-2 great sites on different topics?

Just curious ...

•••
Having really great domains might do the trick for concentrating on just 1-2 domains. If you own pizza.com/newyork.com for example, you should probably put 95 % of your effort in developing that domain and just park the rest off your mediocre names.
I fear many of us do not have those killer names which are worth so much that you are better off neglecting the rest.
I choose to develop many sites in order to be able to show as many domains/get some visitors to the sites as I can in order to sell them.
Being an expert about 1 particular subject might be a good reason to make 1 great site about it as well,as you could relly add a lot of value to a domain with that subject,but I do have no such subject.
Having 1 or 2 really outstanding domains like geo's might make people concentrate on those and invest say 60 % of their time in them and 40 % in developing other domains.
Elliot's blog has been about this subject once.
His ideal was to have like 5 great geo's or so in 10 years time and a few more sites for friends/hobbies next to it,but to stay away from all the mediocre domains/sites.
I basicly have only bad and mediocre domains, so therefore I may be better off developing many a little bit(or throw them away).
Another reason for building many ok sites is that it is a lot easier to make many ok sites than too build/find someone to build great sites.You spread your risk as I saw someone say on a similar subject.
In order to build great sites you better have really good ideas and the skills to execute/have money and/or know people who can do it for you.This therefor contains a lot bigger risk.
I do not know whether great looking sites make exponentially more money than many mini-sites,if someone can prove that things might change.
Same is valid for what kind of mini-sites make more money,can change from subject to subject.
Just like with parking and developing mini-sites,there seem to be very few valid rules for what works best for which kind of domains.Little"scientific" reasons done/published.
Another reason for developing mini-sites is to lay the the base for a more expanded site and work your way up in the search engines already.
I fear though that expanding the sites,adding more things too them once you get more time/money will just stay an idea,but not really happen as buying more names and adding mini-sites seems easier.

•••
henniemeijer said:
Having really great domains might do the trick for concentrating on just 1-2 domains. If you own pizza.com/newyork.com for example, you should probably put 95 % of your effort in developing that domain and just park the rest off your mediocre names.
I fear many of us do not have those killer names which are worth so much that you are better off neglecting the rest.
I choose to develop many sites in order to be able to show as many domains/get some visitors to the sites as I can in order to sell them.
Being an expert about 1 particular subject might be a good reason to make 1 great site about it as well,as you could relly add a lot of value to a domain with that subject,but I do have no such subject.
Having 1 or 2 really outstanding domains like geo's might make people concentrate on those and invest say 60 % of their time in them and 40 % in developing other domains.
Elliot's blog has been about this subject once.
His ideal was to have like 5 great geo's or so in 10 years time and a few more sites for friends/hobbies next to it,but to stay away from all the mediocre domains/sites.
I basicly have only bad and mediocre domains, so therefore I may be better off developing many a little bit(or throw them away).
Another reason for building many ok sites is that it is a lot easier to make many ok sites than too build/find someone to build great sites.You spread your risk as I saw someone say on a similar subject.
In order to build great sites you better have really good ideas and the skills to execute/have money and/or know people who can do it for you.This therefor contains a lot bigger risk.
I do not know whether great looking sites make exponentially more money than many mini-sites,if someone can prove that things might change.
Same is valid for what kind of mini-sites make more money,can change from subject to subject.
Just like with parking and developing mini-sites,there seem to be very few valid rules for what works best for which kind of domains.Little"scientific" reasons done/published.
Another reason for developing mini-sites is to lay the the base for a more expanded site and work your way up in the search engines already.
I fear though that expanding the sites,adding more things too them once you get more time/money will just stay an idea,but not really happen as buying more names and adding mini-sites seems easier.
I totally agree , although I am slightly biased to being the minisite king

•••
Last edited:
•••
Fragger said:

I know! Yet, the new mini-site I tried to sell here got no love - and it has 15 pages of excellent, unique content, and a bunch of other pages all following Google TOS to the T. http://www.namepros.com/established...-content-site-aged-domain-about-computer.html. Yet, people will shell out $250 b/c of whose name is behind it. Well...I guess only time will tell if AEIOU is in fact, a Ferrari or just a Yugo in disguise :blink:.

Btw, if your site isn't crap and most of your content is actually useful (even better if goes beyond that) - it isn't that hard to start building a few quality links yourself. With just a few HIGH quality links (in your niche) to your site, that will do more for your traffic than 1,000 useless links ever will. My site isn't big enough to get the top authority sites (as most mini-sites won't) - and this niche is competitive - but after just strategically posting in 2 or 3 blogs, already I see a couple of decent aggregators linking to me (unsolicited)...quality traffic slowly trickling in...so maybe no one biting was a blessing in disguise.

•••
Zona said:
I'm curious why most of you have chosen to develop multiple minisites instead of developing 1-2 more complete sites. Why create 20 good sites on different topics when you could create 1-2 great sites on different topics?

Just curious ...

Some of us have those too.

Besides, if you have only one or two great sites, you're still vulnerable if something happens to it - it gets hacked, or tanks in Google, or whatever.

I prefer to have a lot of eggs in a lot of different baskets.

•••
coreyg said:
here is one of the latest Joomla templates I love how the background colours change...its hypnotic....

...the site is still a work in progress

http://www.underground.in/

Cheers
Corey

Corey,
Great template. Also, thanks for the link -- Joomlashack.com

•••
JoomlaShack has a couple great templates. I like JS_Jamba the best due to its good module positions and different color schemes.

•••
OK be gentle - developing is new to me -heres one of mine

Who'd have thought that someone would make a cutting board theme!

http://chopping.info

•••
pommyg said:

Like it. Wishing you great success.

•••
netmeg said:
Some of us have those too.

Besides, if you have only one or two great sites, you're still vulnerable if something happens to it - it gets hacked, or tanks in Google, or whatever.

I prefer to have a lot of eggs in a lot of different baskets.

Great point.

•••
pommyg said:

I think it's a nice site - though 2 things:

1) Your article title seems awkward, maybe that phrase was intentionally chosen based on keyword research, but if not - I think you should rework it.

2) I noticed a punctuation mark (period) where there shouldn't be in 2nd paragraph: "unhygienic. and plastic boards"

Hope that helps!

•••
•••
your sites looking great Bryan

Cheers
Corey

•••
pommyg said:

Do you get any typos from "shopping" keyword?

•••
blaknite said:
Do you get any typos from "shopping" keyword?

Well I have updated with a shopping template. Lets see...

BTW Rep added to gentle feedback sent from above...

•••
•••
A little tip. I know the world revolves around Google but when trying to get things going every little bit helps. Many of me mini-sites get referals from both Live.com and MSN. I always hand submit to both.

As an example I took EdisonPhonograph.com live on Aug 15 and am currently number 1 for Edison Phonograph there. Yes, I am getting referals.

•••
pommyg said:
Well I have updated with a shopping template. Lets see...

BTW Rep added to gentle feedback sent from above...

Thanks - and I like this new template! Very curious if you'll get some lost shoppers :).

•••
what is the best way to hand submit and can you do this in bulk to google, msn and live.com. Yes I am a rookie at this sort of thing! :red:

I have another site to check out....
http://www.calculi.info

PS no lost shoppers yet as far as adsense is concerned, although google is still putting on chopping board ads. I think I need to change the channel on the adsense plugin - oops! :D

Last edited:
•••
pommyg said:
what is the best way to hand submit and can you do this in bulk to google, msn and live.com. Yes I am a rookie at this sort of thing! :red:

I have another site to check out....
http://www.calculi.info

PS no lost shoppers yet as far as adsense is concerned, although google is still putting on chopping board ads. I think I need to change the channel on the adsense plugin - oops! :D

Kind of a waste of time to do that, try submitting to directories and putting your site in your sig, then the search engines will come.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back