Dynadot

Will .xyz have any value now??

Spaceship
Watch

Dipesh Singh

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold one of those $0.18 names for $200 this morning. I've spent maybe $30 on hand regs during this promo. Nice to see it payoff even if it is just a couple hundred dollars.

•••
Sold one of those $0.18 names for $200 this morning. I've spent maybe $30 on hand regs during this promo. Nice to see it payoff even if it is just a couple hundred dollars.
And I stand corrected. Thanks for making me look like an idiot. :P

•••
ive bought a few at the low price , will see what happens :)

•••

Congrats! :)

Any more information on this?

•••
Congrats! :)

Any more information on this?
Thanks!

Brandable name I found on the CNOX list. I'll post the name when the money hits my bank.

•••

Wow. Congrats and great job! :)

•••
Brandable name I found on the CNOX list. I'll post the name when the money hits my bank.
I'd never seen the CNOX list before, what a great idea! I wish they had these for other extension as well!

•••
There is an auction happening right now in China for a number of LLL.xyz.

I can't get the website to load but can anyone see the prices?

http://www.west.cn/en/active/xyzpm/

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I enter to .xyz with a 2 plan, one for entry and one for exit. PLAN A ) Register as many three-letter domains available $1 plus premium keywords only ( mytv, lola, ect ect ) PLAN B ) Sell all 3 letter prices between $100 to $500. recovers and wins. not much, but just enough for projects and more .coms

But about three weeks ago the worst news, .xyz for 1cent. - Why ?...you know .top is a killer, so is time,, PLAN B.. hit an run. today i sold all my 3 letter .xyz least 2 the most premium kom and veo.

I hope to sell something else? - The truth is, no, .xyz is dead for me. - where I am now is a secret.

•••
I enter to .xyz with a 2 plan, one for entry and one for exit. PLAN A ) Register as many three-letter domains available $1 plus premium keywords only ( mytv, lola, ect ect ) PLAN B ) Sell all 3 letter prices between $100 to $500. recovers and wins. not much, but just enough for projects and more .coms

But about three weeks ago the worst news, .xyz for 1cent. - Why ?...you know .top is a killer, so is time,, PLAN B.. hit an run. today i sold all my 3 letter .xyz least 2 the most premium kom and veo.

I hope to sell something else? - The truth is, no, .xyz is dead for me. - where I am now is a secret.

If you have any .xyz you want to sell for cheap, I'm buying

•••
•••
•••
•••
Besides sales, what didn't sell can give some insight as well. Only 50 states. https://flippa.com/6448341-domaining-xyz

Don't know what the reserve was but only got up to $1200, which is less than $35 per domain.

Is a state not worth $35? There were 11 of them. Or other geos like Cancun, Ottawa, Manitoba etc? Or good keywords like FineArt, Domaining etc? How come .xyz investors didn't jump all over this if they believe in the value?

•••
He put in his comments at flippa that 2-4 figure offers will not be considered, so 10k was his minimum.
Thats $350 per name. Regardless, it is a nice portfolio? As far as xyz is considered.
I have asked several normal humans about .xyz
I wish i had recorded their reaction.
What bothers me is big companies are putting this extension on their spam lists as noted a page earlier.
Guess i will create an email account with a couple of my .xyz and send them to various emails to see where they end up.
If .net is a failure after all these years, how is xyz going to acomplish what .net didn't?
Other than this China thing which to this point is really a non factor
Still 1200 for 35 names does not show any kind of investor confidence, thanks for that info and link JB

•••
•••
There was a story this guy bought 8888.xyz for allot. Wonder what it's worth now.

•••
There was a story this guy bought 8888.xyz for allot. Wonder what it's worth now.
8888.xyz comes with an annual renwal of $3,xxx, and another party bought 888.xyz with an annual renewal of $12,xxx this was at the height of the Chinese bubble.

•••
•••

Who knows what it's worth right now, I sure don't :xf.confused:

https://www.zandibot.com/why-i-decided-to-acquire-8888-xyz

We can kindly ask @Zandibot to comment further, a few months later (original article from February 2016) and also the impact of the cheap registration : smile :

(I have a guess, yet I will wait to hear Zandibot's take first)

I still stand behind my decision to buy the domain, even if it does have a ridiculous over-hyped renewal fee, and even if it's value is merely opinion and unsubstantiated.

I had weighed the possibilities/variables, pros and cons, consulted my peers, and it made sense at the time. Does it still? Depends on the day you ask me ;)

A lot of this stuff is hype, we all know that - but still, I've also made substantial profit on the hype. And yes, if I deleted all my "hype domains" right now, I'm still ahead overall on them. So I'm not worried.

Now in regards to their current value - I have no idea. It's a blurred line of complete bullshit and some actual sales. And yes, in my opinion, the "penny slots giveaway" hurt everyone, including the registry.

I did, however, make sure I put my money in the most likely to succeed "bin" with these hype domains. So I'm okay with it if they fail completely because I know that I did everything in my power to put my money in the "right" place with them.

As far as the future goes, no one really knows. Everyone has a theory, including myself, but none of us actually know with 100% certainty the true power the world wide web will (or won't) hold in the future.

Do I want to continue paying thousands a year to hold one domain? Definitely not - but will I? It depends. I really like the brand, it's a very pretty domain name, and there will "likely" be a sizable buyer for it at some point (who knows when, or.... if at all) - but I still haven't sat down to make that decision - it's either 300 or so .com's a year, or this one domain... shit, I think I just made my decision easier :xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

I'm just ranting now... but to summarize - anything new will be hyped, and it's true value will inevitably see the light of day. Hopefully sooner than later.

•••

I still stand behind my decision to buy the domain, even if it does have a ridiculous over-hyped renewal fee, and even if it's value is merely opinion and unsubstantiated.

I had weighed the possibilities/variables, pros and cons, consulted my peers, and it made sense at the time. Does it still? Depends on the day you ask me ;)

A lot of this stuff is hype, we all know that - but still, I've also made substantial profit on the hype. And yes, if I deleted all my "hype domains" right now, I'm still ahead overall on them. So I'm not worried.

Now in regards to their current value - I have no idea. It's a blurred line of complete bullsh*t and some actual sales. And yes, in my opinion, the "penny slots giveaway" hurt everyone, including the registry.

I did, however, make sure I put my money in the most likely to succeed "bin" with these hype domains. So I'm okay with it if they fail completely because I know that I did everything in my power to put my money in the "right" place with them.

As far as the future goes, no one really knows. Everyone has a theory, including myself, but none of us actually know with 100% certainty the true power the world wide web will (or won't) hold in the future.

Do I want to continue paying thousands a year to hold one domain? Definitely not - but will I? It depends. I really like the brand, it's a very pretty domain name, and there will "likely" be a sizable buyer for it at some point (who knows when, or.... if at all) - but I still haven't sat down to make that decision - it's either 300 or so .com's a year, or this one domain... sh*t, I think I just made my decision easier :xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

I'm just ranting now... but to summarize - anything new will be hyped, and it's true value will inevitably see the light of day. Hopefully sooner than later.
Well for whatever you bought the domain for I hope it gives you success in the future.
My belief is more is lost to indecision than wrong decision. So I belive you were right whatever may come. Good luck

•••

Now in regards to their current value - I have no idea. It's a blurred line of complete bullsh*t and some actual sales. And yes, in my opinion, the "penny slots giveaway" hurt everyone, including the registry.

Do I want to continue paying thousands a year to hold one domain? Definitely not - but will I? It depends. I really like the brand, it's a very pretty domain name, and there will "likely" be a sizable buyer for it at some point (who knows when, or.... if at all) - but I still haven't sat down to make that decision - it's either 300 or so .com's a year, or this one domain... sh*t, I think I just made my decision easier :xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

Great reply.

It isn't about always being right, it is about being right more than you are wrong. And that can only be done by constantly analyzing Risk vs. Reward.

The earliest people to invest in
XYZ were the first people to profit. I bought a few good ones for development in Aug. of 2015 but I ultimately didn't pull the trigger fast enough, on enough of them.

But I still have a strategy, and it will involve development ahead of sales, since I have more experience developing domains than actual domaining. I also believe that the $.01 promo wasn't short-sighted.

They are loading up on registrations so that another announcement along the lines of abc.xyz will be even bigger news, with enough people registered at $.01 to hit the headlines, this time on an international level.

(the Alphabet announcement was mainly restricted to the U.S., not entirely but most people outside of the US didn't hear about it. I live abroad and also have a good amount of friends in Europe so I asked around. Tech savvy people in Europe didn't even hear about it but random people in the US who can't even make a website on Blogger.com saw the news on TV).

If you read back through my posts you will see that I predicted a major run during the Superbowl of 2016. Some of the peices I predicted haven't fallen in to place yet, but when did the mass registrations start?

During the Superbowl of 2016.
- Check the chart.

@Zandibot isn't into speculating and most people are not. Especially legacy investors like Warren Buffet. But this is one of the areas that I am passionate about. I have done well in the past, and I am sure I will do well from now and into the distant future.

•••
My belief is more is lost to indecision than wrong decision. So I belive you were right whatever may come. Good luck

It actually depends on the person. If you are risk-averse, you will lose money by avoiding risky investments.

But if you are "greedy", you will invest in very risky investments, even when the possible reward doesn't substantiate the risk.

Greedy people are also less likely to diversify. I haven't diversified that much in TLDs, but I invest in more than domain names.

Many .com loyalists are risk-averse.

They tout how risky GTLDs are and ignore that the reward is also potentially much higher in terms of % and ROI.

I think @Zandibot is one of the few who recognize the potential. Right or wrong, he invested at least a little in order to diversify.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back