Traffic Miami 07

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ken_

DomainWorldMediaEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
none of mine made it in, but honestly, man that is a LOT of domains up. Not a pro but seems to me with that many in live or silent, it will dillute the sale prices. Doesn't seem like they've had as many .nets etc in the previous auctions either.

Good luck to all, I may join the silent auction myself and try to snag a few here and there.

•••
Looks like I got 4 in this time. Hope they're live ones (pun not intended, but..) not silent ones, but will take that too.

•••
Just got an email from Moniker stating that my name made it into the "silent" auction. Oh well better than nothing. Good luck everyone...

•••
If anyone gets a .ca in either silent or live,
can you post, I scanned the list quite quickly but never
noticed any .ca's in there at all?
Could that be because of ownership requirements?

•••
got ten names in the silent, none in the live, kind of weird the ones i expected didn't get selected but I have got to believe that Moniker knows their clientele better than I........

•••
gdell said:
got ten names in the silent, none in the live, kind of weird the ones i expected didn't get selected but I have got to believe that Moniker knows their clientele better than I........
Live domains have not been decided yet !

•••
i forgot, most importantly, good luck to everyone!

•••
Moniker is not cira-accredited so I suspect that unless they become so or make arrangements with a cira-accredited registrar, we won't see .ca's hit.

•••
jacal1 said:
Its a HUGE difference in the liklihood that your name will sell. At TRAFFIC NY 444 silent names sold, and if Miami does as well (which may be a reach just considering how powerful anything in NY is), .

You could be right, I hope not! I would think moniker would want each auction to do better than the last and am sure that's the goal.

Remember, not only did the NewYork auction bring the importance of domain names front and center to many that were unaware that will now be interested, you also have the major players at the NY auction needing/wanting to get their hands on more names. Not to mention all the high dollar reported sales that have occured since the NY auction that only fuels the fire.

•••
In the same boat as many of you ... 6 on the list, not sure if any will make the live auction or get bids in the silent.

Even so, this is the first time I've had _any_ domains qualify for a conference auction, so I'm at least mildly excited. :)

•••
Live Auction List released.

WallStreet.com
Taxes.com
StockQuotes.com
Computer.com
Photographers.com
Ethanol.com
Estate.com
Elections.com
Kuwait.com
Copiers.com
ScienceFiction.com
SportingGoods.com
MartialArts.com
Cowboys.com
CrosswordPuzzles.com
GasPrices.com
Debit.com
Podiatrists.com
MiniatureGolf.com
Communication.com
House.net
Technology.org
Manufacture.com
Newlyweds.com
Promotion.com
Dentists.net
PensionPlan.com
Math.net
AutoFinancing.com
Pesos.com
VoiceRecognitionSoftware.com
CaribbeanVacations.com
Invest.net
ChocolateCandy.com
SchoolTeacher.com
TuxedoRental.com
AIDS.net
StMaartenRealEstate.com
EuropeanVacations.com
LibertyBell.com
MortgageRates.org
CysticFibrosis.org
Cholesterol.net
Scores.mobi
CertifiedPublicAccountants.com
HomeMortgageRates.com
SpaghettiSauce.com
Cotton.com
Audit.net
AirlineTickets.org
Lotto.info
Software.info
FreeMovies.net
HomeBudget.com
PrimeInterestRate.com
DiscountAirFares.net
News.mobi
Free.mobi
Email.mobi
PDA.mobi
Cash.mobi
Buy.mobi
Podcast.mobi

•••
eg.domains said:
Live Auction List released.
Where did you obtain this list? Thanks!

•••
•••
eg.domains said:

Initial list only I think, too short ,and today I have had a "live" acceptance for a name not on the list.

Live:

GirlBlog.com

Silent:

BirdFluNews.com

BlackInkCartridge.com

Bridesmaid.us

ColorInkCartridge.com

DatingLadies.com

DoingItYourself.com

DRYS.com

FrenchWine.org

Healthworker.com

NuclearDeterrent.com

Shabbona.com

StockQuote.us

TelephoneNumber.us

VisitVegas.us

WeightSupplement.com

Wireless.fm

Last edited:
•••
14 names in

I have 14 in the silent and hope one may still make it to the live. I don't think the live is finalized yet because the preliminary live list is too short. I expect a few domains scheduled to be in the silent will be moved.
Good luck to everyone with domains involved.

BUSDRIVINGSCHOOLS.COM

BUYIPOS.COM

DONATEDORGANS.COM

GUARANTEEDINTERESTRATES.COM

INVESTMENTADVISORFIRMS.COM

JUMBOLOANPROGRAM.COM

NOTRANSFERFEES.COM

PREQUALIFIEDHOMELOAN.COM

REMOVENEGATIVEFEEDBACK.COM

RETIREMENTPLANADVISER.COM

RETIREMENTPLANMANAGER.COM

RETIREMENTPLANMANAGERS.COM

VINTAGELUXURYCAR.COM

VINTAGELUXURYCARS.COM

•••
The list will continue to be tweaked and obviously there is a lot that goes into it. the silent has performed and will perform again...it is loaded with gems and there will be many more bidders than before. The silent auction will be as big as the live auction some day so I would not discount it.

The live vs silent will be posted on Monday hopefully. A couple additions today were Poker.mobi and investment.com

•••
jacal1 said:
Its a HUGE difference in the liklihood that your name will sell. At TRAFFIC NY 444 silent names sold, and if Miami does as well (which may be a reach just considering how powerful anything in NY is), that would be only 14% or one in seven names will sell in the silent. The percentage sold in live is MUCH higher, but so is the bar for quality they're looking for.

Hey thx again for the reply. I got one of my .La names in. Tattoos.La :) Good luck to everybody.

•••
mcahn said:
The live vs silent will be posted on Monday hopefully. A couple additions today were Poker.mobi and investment.com

wow!
Thanks Monte. Huge names!!!!!!

•••
.com:
ActingTroupe
HidingBehind
BicyclePrints
MachineTranslationSoftware

Last edited:
•••
I've got one on the list:

brangelina.net

It has treated me good for the past two years. I hope it goes live.

•••
mcahn said:
A couple additions today were Poker.mobi and investment.com
The quality of the highest-end domains they've been able to attract is a testiment to the confidence sellers have in Moniker's ability to attract quality buyers. That's nice to see whether you are a prospective buyer or seller at any level.

Good luck to all. (especially NP members :) )

Last edited:
•••
Most fortunate to have four on the master auction inventory list:

GolfClubs.net

ProShop.net

Pro-Shop.com

SearchManagement.com

I eagerly anticipated the release of the initial list, and look forward to the upcoming auction. Best of luck to everyone.

•••
Finally

I see news.mobi in the live auction. This is good, because I have newscast.mobi. Let's hope I can ride that wave.

•••
Anybody with names in the list still waiting for an email?
I have 2 in the list and haven't heard anything.

•••
capiche said:
Anybody with names in the list still waiting for an email?
I have 2 in the list and haven't heard anything.
Yes. I have 28 on the prelim list and no email to date.

But this is just like the last TRAFFIC auction in NYC. The only email I received then was the authorization confirmation email right before the event. I think the reps and everyone involved are rather busy, so I don't fault them for not giving personal attention.

And I know that this auction is slightly different, with the domains all needing to be transferred to Moniker before the auction. So I expect to receive a few emails coming down the pipeline: notification of domains accepted, instructions for transfer to Moniker (since my domains are not held there), and at least one authorization email.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back