Traffic Miami 07

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ken_

DomainWorldMediaEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DnPresident said:
I'm like everyone else, I want to see the list but then in away I'm kinda scared to look at it 8^X . Be a huge downer if none get in the live :'(

Dont get upset if you dont get into live.....be happy for silent if nothing at all..silent still produces just of course not like live.......many will be dissapointed as they are each and every traffic auction including myself..so now I just take it with a grain of salt.

•••
The most a disappointment can get is when one does not find his/her domains in both live and silent. Let us all hope for the best to happen. :sold:

•••
Over 3700 domains on preliminary list

with more than 3700 domains on the prelim list, i look forward to hearing how many domains (and which ones) will be part of the live auction and how many will be part of the silent auction. i'm still expecting many deletions from this list so i'm not counting my chickens yet...

•••
Should I assume that any of my "$1-$5000" domains won't make it to live?

•••
•••
For those wishing to view the long preliminary list, it's here

:)

•••
I got 5 in, but I dont think any are strong enough for live - but I thought the same last time and one did. So who knows?

Good luck to all!

•••
That's a huge list. How many will go live? Will most or all of the rest go silent?

•••
By my count, I got 22 domains on the list.
Hopefully, at least one or two will go to the LIVE auction. That would be fun :)

•••
I see 4 of mine, but I haven't received an email yet.
Does this mean it still could change?

•••
I've found that the emails go out only a few days before the actual event.

•••
I got 5 of my names in. Good nah for a starter? But only 1 might get into the live Auction Lol!. Hey, how different is a live auction from a silent auction? Anybody knows?? I do know its better than the silent Auction.

Thx.

Last edited:
•••
SharonTucci said:
I've found that the emails go out only a few days before the actual event.

Well if I manage to get a name in the live (I have no hope :hehe: )
seeing as how your gonna be there and all ;)
I'll need your cell number :lol:

•••
4 .com names are in the preliminary list. Hope this auction turns out a Grand Success.

•••
Looks like I got LoftRentals.com and MandarinClasses.com into the list.

•••
***MedicatedShampoos*com

I did a really quick scan through of the list since I'm in a hurry to get out of here this morning but see that ***MedicatedShampoos*.com is on there.

•••
I Love Moniker but the silent is just a big waste of time & its hassle to unlist your names from the next show.
You have to send an email etc and mess around to remove the name or your still on their terms.
99% of peoples names will be in the silent, not the live. Its very offputting.
I have asked them before for a way to just apply for the live, if no for either reason, thier opinion on quality or reserve too high, cool, but i dont want the names to go to the silent.
Also an awful website for the silent, should be made more visually interesting.
Not whingeing, just suggestions.
Suggestions that keep falling on deaf ears even though quite a few of us have mentioned down the time.

If the Moniker rep is floating around, any progress on resolving/changing these issues?

•••
arnie said:
I Love Moniker but the silent is just a big waste of time & its hassle to unlist your names from the next show.
You have to send an email etc and mess around to remove the name or your still on their terms.
99% of peoples names will be in the silent, not the live. Its very offputting.
I have asked them before for a way to just apply for the live, if no for either reason, thier opinion on quality or reserve too high, cool, but i dont want the names to go to the silent.
Also an awful website for the silent, should be made more visually interesting.
Not whingeing, just suggestions.
Suggestions that keep falling on deaf ears even though quite a few of us have mentioned down the time.

If the Moniker rep is floating around, any progress on resolving/changing these issues?

Hey Arnie,

Why is it soo bad for our names to go into the silent auction? How different is it from the Live auction?

Thx.

•••
There are 162 names at $50K +
Will only the top ticket names make it to the live auction or will they mix in some affordable names which they feel are sure to sell?
It's obvious they want to make the most money. I just wonder if some of those expensive names are really sellable.

•••
In simple terms, little or anything gets any bids in the silent.
Plus zero excitement.
Plus you're ties in to Moniker UNLESS you physically email them and get confirmation your name is removed.
Otherwise technically you cant sell privately in between auctions.

In simple terms i'm prepared to go through a bit of hassle for the live but the silent is dead as a dodo. Don't you remember the last couple? :'(

•••
RaviUTA said:
Hey Arnie,

Why is it soo bad for our names to go into the silent auction? How different is it from the Live auction?

Thx.
Its a HUGE difference in the liklihood that your name will sell. At TRAFFIC NY 444 silent names sold, and if Miami does as well (which may be a reach just considering how powerful anything in NY is), that would be only 14% or one in seven names will sell in the silent. The percentage sold in live is MUCH higher, but so is the bar for quality they're looking for.

That said, Moniker runs a GREAT auction, and knows how to prote it and draw buyers to both types of auction like no one else.

Last edited:
•••
I got one on the list for the first time. Hope it makes it to the live as well.

•••
•••
troopscott said:
Here are a few that stadn out with no or low reserve that could see some decent bids
http://www.bad.tv 1-5k

I will add to this as I have time these are just some I think have low/resonable reserves does not mean I want to buy them if you own them just like them.

Bad.tv.........Nice!

Last edited:
•••
Got 2 in at first glance. I need to go over what I actually submitted to see if there are more.

Good Luck everybody.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back