Traffic Miami 07

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ken_

DomainWorldMediaEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow! I finally found the right forum and thread for my question.
What's the normal reserve price for an auction compared to the appraised value of a name?

I submitted my name for the auction and also had it appraised by them. They appraised it at $10K. Later, I too received the email for a reserve reduction to $5K. I did modify my reserve to $10K from a previous high setting but I'm wondering if I should go to the recomended $5K.

Is half price the normal opening bid desired for an auction?

Are they trying to scoop the domain up before the auction to make more profit off of it?

I really do like these guys and I know they're working very hard going through all those domain names.

•••
DPrice said:
Is half price the normal opening bid desired for an auction?

I suppose it's like auctioning anything else, Typically starting lower can get the bids going. I auctioned off a house last year in which I set no reserve, It started at $50,000 and ended at almost $200,000 which was about $25,000 more than I had expected.

You know what you have to have for it and have to live with either being satisfied or not with the final result so it's really not right for someone here at the forum to tell you where to set your reserve.

•••
Originally Posted by SharonTucci said:
This auction will be fun - it will be the first one I'll actually be at in person.

You'll have a blast! :D:
I hope you have one in the live, that would be great to be
sitting there watching it!!!

Originally Posted by troopscott said:
Do you guys think there is any real value in going to one of these conferences? Price is steep will be a 3k trip by the time you pay fees hotel airfare etc. is there enough to learn at it?
:imho:
some people may walk out of there with a domain or a sale,
that can make their dreams come true!
While others may not have the same experience.
Any bit of knowledge shared from the "pro's" is a value :)

•••
mis_chiff said:
You'll have a blast! :D:
I hope you have one in the live, that would be great to be
sitting there watching it!!!

I might need heart meds before/after it lol
I was bad enough at the last Traffic auction - had 3 people on IM and pacing while I was waiting for mine to hit and once it did it seemed like time slowed down. I wish I'd recorded it!!

•••
Guys,

Did anyone get a Reply back from Moniker saying that their names got selected for the Auction?/ I did not get any reply yet:(

Thx.

•••
RaviUTA said:
Guys,

Did anyone get a Reply back from Moniker saying that their names got selected for the Auction?/ I did not get any reply yet:(

Thx.

I received an email on the 7th of Sept

As you know, we have all been waiting for the list of domains that will be in the upcoming T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Conference / Auction to be released. Yet with over 80,000 domains submitted, it is taking longer than anticipated to determine which domains will be included. On behalf of the Auction Committee, I must apologize for the delay.
I have been told that the release of names may be towards the end of next week but could also be the week after next do to the quantity and how diligently they are viewing them.

Hopefully by the end of this week!
They did publish "some" of the live auction names, but not too many.

•••
RaviUTA said:
Guys,

Thx.
I asked my rep about that today (well, yesterday now) - he said "Last week of Sept."

mis_chiff said:
They did publish "some" of the live auction names, but not too many.
Where are they published?

•••
I received another email yesterday - this
is part of it

Taxes.com
GolfClubs.net
Grapes.com
WallStreet.com
TuxedoRental.com
ChocolateCandy.com
California.com
AIDS.net
SchoolTeacher.com
CaribbeanVacations.com
Scientists.com
RepossessedHomes.com
Idols.com
HomeMortgageRates.com
LottoResults.com
Cotton.com
CarRaces.com
DogBoarding.com
CertifiedPublicAccountants.com
CateringService.com
HomeBasedBusinesses.com
CriminalLawyers.com
MassachusettsRealEstate.com
Banks.net

Moniker has received more than 80,000 domain submissions for this auction and is currently evaluating revenue, traffic and other domain metrics on all of them. The top 3,000 domains that will be included in both the Live and Silent Domain Auctions will be released by September 21. In the meantime, follow the links below to get ready for the Live Domain Auction at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East.

:)

•••
DPrice said:
I submitted my name for the auction and also had it appraised by them. They appraised it at $10K. Later, I too received the email for a reserve reduction to $5K. I did modify my reserve to $10K from a previous high setting but I'm wondering if I should go to the recomended $5K.

That's a great question and can be answered easily...If it's not your best name LOWER the reserve. Just look at Megayachts.com it was listed in NYC Traffic this summer with a suggested price of 25K it sold in LIVE for $150K

Good Luck

•••
The only problem with that thinking is how you get caught out if the domain gets stuck in the SILENT auction. You have no control over that... you lower your great domain's price into the weeds and then it gets banished to Silent and sells for your that price... and you CAN'T say no.

So while you are lowering your prices, KEEP IN MIND that it doesn't guarantee a place in the Live Auction. So price accordingly.

Best of luck,

GoPC

•••
Tomorrow is the 21st, any update on the list?

•••
preliminary list will be posted on Monday leaving 17 days prior to the event. there will be some adjustments, additions and subtractions but they will be kept to a minimum. The list looks very good and the silent list is going to really kick ass as well.

•••
Thanks Monte, here's looking forward to another successful auction.

•••
mcahn said:
preliminary list will be posted on Monday leaving 17 days prior to the event. there will be some adjustments, additions and subtractions but they will be kept to a minimum. The list looks very good and the silent list is going to really kick ass as well.
When will we expect emails about our accepted domains ?

•••
after they are expected. you will also receive FOA's to validate ownership etc and will be asked to move your domains to moniker to avoid transfer delays after sale

•••
Has anyone here received the email from Moniker stating that their names have been accepted?

•••
Nope, not here...maybe they haven't been
sent out yet.

Hopefully if someone else has news they'll post it :)

•••
mis_chiff said:
Nope, not here...maybe they haven't been
sent out yet.

Hopefully if someone else has news they'll post it :)
Same here..

•••
I read that Monday will be the day for the lists.

•••
Preliminary list wil be posted Monday

If you read the posts carefully, you can see that Monte Cahn (CEO of Moniker) said the preliminary list will be posted Monday, September 24th. Keep in mind, there will be a few additions/subtractions from this preliminary list so wait until you receive an email from your rep to confirm if any of your domains will definitely be part of the live or silent auctions.

•••
Can't wait until tomorrow!!

•••
•••
Nope, in fact Moniker is down for me, just when i pushed some domains.
I just hope they dont get lost anywhere

•••
•••
SKG said:
Anyone have any word?

I'm like everyone else, I want to see the list but then in away I'm kinda scared to look at it 8^X . Be a huge downer if none get in the live :'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back