Traffic Miami 07

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ken_

DomainWorldMediaEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have submitted my list of 35 names along with the Standard Listing Agreement and have been acknowledged by my Moniker Rep. Let's hope for the best.

•••
Do we need to set the reserves prices right now while sending the list, or only after the name has been selected ?

•••
Thanks for the info. I have a few I might submit for consideration. Cant hurt :)

•••
-Raja- said:
Do we need to set the reserves prices right now while sending the list, or only after the name has been selected ?

You need to set the take home price excluding the 15 % commission ? They will look at you names and prices, then will notify you whether they will be accepted or declined.

•••
Charley said:
You need to set the take home price excluding the 15 % commission ? They will look at you names and prices, then will notify you whether they will be accepted or declined.

Is it possible to do it through Moniker.com Cpanel

•••
-Raja- said:
Is it possible to do it through Moniker.com Cpanel

No!

Send an email to [email protected] requesting them for the Domain Submission Form for TRAFFIC Miami Oct, 07.

•••
•••
exclusivity

Seems like they make everyone sign an exclusivity rights for them to sell the domain for the next 120 days.

In other words, if we submit the names now, what happens if some of the same names are included for the Domain Roundtable auction. Will we be in trouble?

•••
Notice that the agreement has changed? I'm not sure when these changes were actually written in but I don't recall them being in there for New York.

Several points if interest are that the terms of exclusivity has changed. Instead of 60 days, it's now 120 and it counts from time of submission rather than time of acceptance. Before, we were protected in the sense that our submissions didn't "belong" to Moniker until AFTER they were accepted into the auction... now it reads that they domains are to be considered covered under the exclusivity agreemet unitl/unless they are specifically omitted from the auction.

Also note that any domains will AUTOMATICALLY be renewed under the exclusivity agreement UNLESS you state in writing that you want them removed from the agreement.

So don't assume, just because your name didn't sell in the silent last year, that you are free to market and sell them. Did you tell Moniker you wanted them removed?

The way it reads, at the very least, you will owe Moniker 15% of that domain sale even if you did it yourself.

What Moniker is providing is a Good and Valuable service... that cannot be denied. But know what you are signing so you can be prepared to live by the obligation.

Best of luck to everyone,

GoPC

•••
Great advice Gopc! Now I have got to really read the agreement before I decide. Thanks...Al.

•••
GoPC said:
Notice that the agreement has changed? I'm not sure when these changes were actually written in but I don't recall them being in there for New York.

Several points if interest are that the terms of exclusivity has changed. Instead of 60 days, it's now 120 and it counts from time of submission rather than time of acceptance. Before, we were protected in the sense that our submissions didn't "belong" to Moniker until AFTER they were accepted into the auction... now it reads that they domains are to be considered covered under the exclusivity agreemet unitl/unless they are specifically omitted from the auction.

Also note that any domains will AUTOMATICALLY be renewed under the exclusivity agreement UNLESS you state in writing that you want them removed from the agreement.

So don't assume, just because your name didn't sell in the silent last year, that you are free to market and sell them. Did you tell Moniker you wanted them removed?

The way it reads, at the very least, you will owe Moniker 15% of that domain sale even if you did it yourself.

What Moniker is providing is a Good and Valuable service... that cannot be denied. But know what you are signing so you can be prepared to live by the obligation.

Best of luck to everyone,

GoPC

What if some domains are not accepted ?

Can you give me a link for this agreement ?

•••
I think that the agreement hasn't been read properly. It specifically says that a) it is 60 days & b) only if the domain is accepted. It may be that I received a different agreement form but this is definitely what it said.

•••
The agreement is sent with the submission form. If you contact Moniker ([email protected]) and ask them for a submission for the Miami Show, you will get a submission for AND a copy of the agreement.

Specifically to your question, once the domains have NOT been presented at the auction, they are excluded from the agreement.

The issue has been that folks submitting their domains are rarely aware of whether or not their domains were accepted until literally right before the show.

Assuming you submit your names well before the deadline, you are effectively tieing up your names for a couple of months before you even know if they are indeed being included.

The way it is written now, is that during that time, you ARE covered under the agreement until release by NOT being accepted into the auction(s).

So if you were to sell one of the submitted domains while you are witing to be accepted into the auction, Moniker would then be entitled to a commission on that sale.... even BEFORE the auction.

So again, just be sure you manage yourself and your domains accordingly.

gooster said:
I think that the agreement hasn't been read properly. It specifically says that a) it is 60 days & b) only if the domain is accepted. It may be that I received a different agreement form but this is definitely what it said.

The wording:

Seller grants Buyer/Seller Agent the exclusive right and authority to sell the Name(s) for one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days from the date of submitting/declaring one of the Name(s) on the ADDENDA to this Agreement or sixty (60) days from the conclusion of the first auction taking place after the submission/declaring of the Name(s) on the ADDENDA, whichever occurs later (the “Exclusive Sale Period”).

Point - 120 days from date of submission OR 60 days from conclusion of the auction, whichever comes last.

For Clarification - ADDENDA is the Submission Form where you list your names.

Furthermore is reads:

Once a Name is submitted by Seller, whether by ADDENDA or otherwise, the Name becomes subject to this Agreement, whether or not Seller is notified that the Name has been selected for the auction. If, however, Buyer/Seller Agent notifies Seller that a Name has not been selected for auction, Seller will be permitted to withdraw the Name from submission.

That pretty much sums it up... the domains are locked up until the domain owner is notified otherwise.

GoPC

Last edited:
•••
I am submitting my premium names but most em have no traffic.. wondering if they get accepted. Did anybody had that luck?

Thx.

•••
Raviuta supposedly alot of big buyers check the lists out if they like your name
If they dont well no loss.your competing with 50-80k names that get submitted each auction.
good luck to you we all need it.

•••
I have now submitted domains and sent numerous emails to moniker for the past couple events and never receive a reply.

I give up :td:

•••
RaviUTA said:
I am submitting my premium names but most em have no traffic.. wondering if they get accepted. Did anybody had that luck?

Thx.

I had it. :)

•••
Bum said:
Raviuta supposedly alot of big buyers check the lists out if they like your name
If they dont well no loss.your competing with 50-80k names that get submitted each auction.
good luck to you we all need it.

Good luck to you too :) and everybody. Thx for the reply.

godolphin said:
I had it. :)

Nice to hear :)

•••
HasRob said:
I have now submitted domains and sent numerous emails to moniker for the past couple events and never receive a reply.

I give up :td:

I reckon they are busy with the Adult Auction next month.

•••
The deadline has arrived 08/01/07
Hope you all submitted

•••
heydude said:
The deadline has arrived 08/01/07
Hope you all submitted

Did it just today :) When will they say if our names are accepted tho? Any Idea?/

Thx.

•••
How do we attend the auction? Do we need to buy a seat or is it invitation only? I live in the area and would really love to check it out.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks Raja I think Im going to attend. Steve Forbes is the keynote speaker and I hear that the Cocktail party is quite the place to mingle and network with fellow domainers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back