Traffic Miami 07

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ken_

DomainWorldMediaEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anybody know when they're gonna let us know if our names got selected for the auction? I wanna send my names to some other auctions too.

Thx.

•••
What auctions are coming up soon?

I missed the deadline for Moniker but want to submit some domains to the next few auctions.... I get emails from Moniker but I know very little about any others

Thanks

Gary

•••
HasRob said:
I have now submitted domains and sent numerous emails to moniker for the past couple events and never receive a reply.

I give up :td:

I do too - but thank god they didn't take for the miami auction ha ha ha
They actually did me a favor!

•••
gramma said:
I do too - but thank god they didn't take for the miami auction ha ha ha
They actually did me a favor!

Humm.. why is that so?

Thx.

•••
RaviUTA said:
Does anybody know when they're gonna let us know if our names got selected for the auction? I wanna send my names to some other auctions too.

Thx.

Anybody?

•••
RaviUTA said:

I think they dont inform us if a domain is selected, U need to dig thru the Auction inventory list and find out if ur name made it or not, no idea when the list will be released, i'm also eager to know the answer

•••
I think they will put up the Auction Inventory List one month before the auction. If you want to know the exact date email them.

Further, the respective moniker account rep will contact you if your name/s are selected for the auction.

-Raja- said:
I think they dont inform us if a domain is selected, U need to dig thru the Auction inventory list and find out if ur name made it or not, no idea when the list will be released, i'm also eager to know the answer

•••
I've sold many names through Moniker Auctions...
They are one of my favorite resources....

I submitted some names to the event as well...
I am ALSO along with all of you - anxiously awaiting the results of
the selection committee...

The Florida TRAFFIC - Oct event pre-selection list will be out the end of the first week of Sept.

Good Luck to Everyone...

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

•••
Folks - the auction schedule through 2007 is right here: http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/index.html

we are going through submissions for TRAFFIC East now and will be through mid September. We hope to have a preliminary list out 3-4 week prior to the auction.

we are not purposely not reporting what names we are taking to keep anyone from entering into any other auctions....I think most know us better than that.

Should you have any questions, you can contact your Moniker Account Executive or send an email to [email protected]

Thank you for your continued support.

•••
mcahn said:
Folks - the auction schedule through 2007 is right here: http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/index.html

we are going through submissions for TRAFFIC East now and will be through mid September. We hope to have a preliminary list out 3-4 week prior to the auction.

we are not purposely not reporting what names we are taking to keep anyone from entering into any other auctions....I think most know us better than that.

Should you have any questions, you can contact your Moniker Account Executive or send an email to [email protected]

Thank you for your continued support.

Never knew we had Moniker CEO in Namepros :)

•••
RaviUTA - I try to contribute to all the domain forums and boards that I can. Many here will tell you that I post from time to time and happy to do so.

•••
We hope to have a preliminary list out 3-4 week prior to the auction.

Cool! Thanks Monte. :)

•••
mcahn said:
RaviUTA - I try to contribute to all the domain forums and boards that I can. Many here will tell you that I post from time to time and happy to do so.

Cool :)

•••
I got an email tonight requesting that I drop the reserve on one domain, which I did. So it sounds like they are at least interested in getting it into the auction. Hopefully, it'll make it...

•••
i had the same for one of the 8 domains in total that i ve submitted.
The rest i assume are fine with their reserve.

•••
Great .. so we might hear about our submitted domains soon.

•••
yandig said:
I got an email tonight requesting that I drop the reserve on one domain, which I did. So it sounds like they are at least interested in getting it into the auction. Hopefully, it'll make it...

I got the same thing for 3 of mine, which I lowered.
I wonder if these are the only ones out of our submitted names that are being considered or just the only ones that needed the reserves lowered?

•••
I received the same email for one of my names. I then asked my rep "So I guess none of my other names made the cut?". I was told "not necessarily" and that they are still working on the list. I hope my other names made the cut. Good luck to all.

Midnight

•••
considering the domains i sent i can surely say that the one that i was asked to lower the reserve price was the the 'worst' one

•••
I got an Email too..and I reduced the reserve price. I hope my remaining domains get selected too :)

•••
yandig said:

I only submitted around 20-25 names, I thought sending in too many would not be good. Some of the lesser desirables may over shadow the desirables.

Last night I got an email as well to lower the minimum bid on two of them, I did it without thinking twice.

What i'm wondering is two things
(1) Are they going to be in the live auction?
(2) Is it possible some of the others made it and the minimum bid was already at an acceptable price.

There was another name that was thrown in some time ago (maybe 6-8 weeks ago), a rep from Moniker emailed asking the minimum bid amount, I told him and he replied "That's doable" and sent me a seperate form for it, so I'm hoping it is in as well but haven't heard.

•••
Received an email from my moniker rep stating:
As you know, we have all been waiting for the list of domains that will be in the upcoming T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Conference / Auction to be released. Yet with over 80,000 domains submitted, it is taking longer than anticipated to determine which domains will be included. On behalf of the Auction Committee, I must apologize for the delay.
I have been told that the release of names may be towards the end of next week but could also be the week after next do to the quantity and how diligently they are viewing them.

Looks like it's still going to be a while before we know :'(

•••
I got an email today to lower reserve on 18 domains, whew, some I did to what they recommended and others I countered. It is hard to do because they never say silent or live. In fact, they say the names are still not selected on top.

•••
Just my own two cents here.... I had 8 domains in the last Traffic auction. Of them, 1 was in live and sold for 12x my reserve. Of the 7 in silent, one had been one that they asked for reserve to be lowered and I declined. It didn't sell but I'm okay with that because I have had higher offers than what they wanted reserve at. I had a couple of others I was asked to lower reserves on and I didn't and they didn't make it.

I have the utmost confidence in domains getting a fair crack pricing wise if they make it to live. But I have a hard time lowering reserves if they won't. I try and base my reserves on previous offers/revenue I've received. Why take the risk of getting less than offers I've declined already?

This time around I was asked to lower reserve from 2500 to 500 on a generic financial I only acquired days before the deadline for the same amount as asked reserve. This same domain ended up on tdnam auction for 1100. It's a .com where all the tlds and all english cctlds are registered and most developed. Overture and a nice EPC - 3-4$. I didn't go down to 500 but I did lower it to 1000 - knowing that the 'market' has already shown it is worth at least that much. I'm hoping it wasn't a mistake because that works out to very low multiples just on a revenue basis - nevermind that it is generic.

This auction will be fun - it will be the first one I'll actually be at in person. Unfortunately I don't think I submitted any strong enough to make live. We'll see. Last time I felt that several domains I submitted should have made it that didn't while one that was chosen surprised me.

Last edited:
•••
SharonTucci said:
This auction will be fun - it will be the first one I'll actually be at in person. .

My first as well!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back