Dynadot

question .top VS .xyz - Which of those 2 TLDs will stay on top before this year (2016) ends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

What do you think which TLD will stay on top (in amount of registrations) before this year (2016) ends:

.top or .xyz - what do you think, which one will it be?

The current status: https://namestat.org/

Share your personal assessment here.
Thank you and all the best with your domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.TOP is doing well since it is already approved by the MIIT (1 of 14 TLDs approved in China) and people in China can already use their domains.

.XYZ is currently blocked in China and it still has more registrations than .TOP (even before the 1 cent promotion).

What will happen once it gets unblocked and approved by the MIIT of China?

Maybe nothing maybe western domainers will rush out and register more worthless domains for a fraction of a dollar that end up getting dropped a year later. The long term outcome will be about the same.

•••
This day's case:

.top 16,292 reg.*
In ratio to the past 'artificially produced' '.xyz storm' this seems very stable.

.xyz
13,873 reg.*
Looks like 'back to reality'**
**regs. under 'normal circumstances', 'The calm after the storm'.

*Source: https://namestat.org/

Last edited:
•••
Maybe nothing maybe western domainers will rush out and register more worthless domains for a fraction of a dollar that end up getting dropped a year later. The long term outcome will be about the same.

In general, Google's re-organization under Alphabet (Abc.xyz) was a success. Their stock has added $200 billion USD to their market cap for one and I think that will embolden them to take the next step:

Branding Additional Domains under .xyz

A.xyz
B.xyz
C.xyz (Calico)
D.xyz

J.xyz (Jigsaw)
G.xyz (Google)
X.xyz (X)
Y.xyz (YouTube)

Think of no_url_shorteners and Gat.es as a reference. One of them is used by Twitter and the other one is used by Bill Gates. G.xyz is more brandable than the two of them since the letters CO have nothing to do with Twitter as a company (other than Twitter Company). Gat.es is Bill Gate's last name but it is cut in half (almost).

G.xyz represent's "G is for Google" and also the last letters of the Alphabet, their company name.

It is good to also keep in mind that the founders of Google are more in line with trendsetting and innovative thought than pessimistic realism (not that realism by itself is bad).

They are also in the business of disrupting markets so you can expect that they will disrupt the domain name industry with the purchase of TLDs, especially since it came with a price tag in 8 to 9 digits.

Last edited:
•••
Well, .xyz new Reg v.s. new Delete, tough reality.

psb

psb

•••

A.xyz
B.xyz
C.xyz (Calico)
D.xyz

J.xyz (Jigsaw)
G.xyz (Google)
X.xyz (X)
Y.xyz (YouTube)

Alphabet is not a customer brand(thus it will not be used in advertising, or in domain names) and rebranding google.com to g.xyz would cause a shareholder revolt. Overstock.com lost 30% of their traffic when they rebranded to o.co. How many billions of revenue would that be for Google?

Last edited:
•••
This day's case:

.top 16,292 reg.*
In ratio to the past 'artificially produced' '.xyz storm' this seems very stable.

.xyz
13,873 reg.*

.TOP needs an average of 15000 more registrations per day than XYZ to even come close this year.

•••
.TOP needs an average of 15000 more registrations per day than XYZ to even come close this year.

or one single 3 day promotion selling for $0.01

•••
or one single 3 day promotion selling for $0.01

Could do it ;) (but in this case maybe an 8 day, 8 hour and 8 minute long ¥0,088 promotion).

•••
This day's case:

.top 16,292 reg.*

.xyz
13,873 reg.*

.top is selling more at a higher price while .xyz is giving away domains at a loss.

.Top:

AlpNames
$0.40
Espace2001
$0.48
BigRock
$0.85
Uniregistry
$0.85
Namecheap
$0.88

.xyz:

Namecheap
$0.15
Uniregistry
$0.18
Regtons
$0.21
Directnic
$0.22
Domainmonster
$0.22
Instra
$0.22
Internet.bs
$0.22

How low can it go? Has anyone ever seen $0.15 domains?

Last edited:
•••
$0.15 = ICANN fee / domain = $0.00

•••
Could do it ;) (but in this case maybe an 8 day, 8 hour and 8 minute long ¥0,088 promotion).
Or, probably, it just would need 8 h / 8 m / 8 s to boost up to top.

Last edited:
•••
In general, Google's re-organization under Alphabet (Abc.xyz) was a success. Their stock has added $200 billion USD to their market cap for one and I think that will embolden them to take the next step:

A.xyz
B.xyz
C.xyz (Calico)
D.xyz

J.xyz (Jigsaw)
G.xyz (Google)
X.xyz (X)
Y.xyz (YouTube)

Think of no_url_shorteners and Gat.es as a reference. One of them is used by Twitter and the other one is used by Bill Gates. G.xyz is more brandable than the two of them since the letters CO have nothing to do with Twitter as a company (other than Twitter Company). Gat.es is Bill Gate's last name but it is cut in half (almost).

G.xyz represent's "G is for Google" and also the last letters of the Alphabet, their company name.

It is good to also keep in mind that the founders of Google are more in line with trendsetting and innovative thought than pessimistic realism (not that realism by itself is bad).

They are also in the business of disrupting markets so you can expect that they will disrupt the domain name industry with the purchase of TLDs, especially since it came with a price tag in 8 to 9 digits.
You me and Irene :( sorry I was in movie mode :(

Actually it would be you me and your mom [As you can always post that you don't have a wife or you don't have a sis hehe... so I will go with the mom option]

•••
.TOP is doing well since it is already approved by the MIIT (1 of 14 TLDs approved in China) and people in China can already use their domains.

.XYZ is currently blocked in China and it still has more registrations than .TOP (even before the 1 cent promotion).

What will happen once it gets unblocked and approved by the MIIT of China?
Your mom also did nice since she was with me and I lost my meds.

•••
Your mom also did nice since she was with me and I lost my meds.

My mom actually died when I was 13 years old and I hadn't seen her since I was 4 years old. Not that I'm offended by your insults but what are they for?

Does it increase your net worth? Add to your understanding? Help other people?

I am only 31 years old but I am guessing you are a lot younger. Try to hang out with older people so that you can adjust your perspective.

Otherwise you might be in the same position you are in now, even by the time you are 40 to 60 years old. Life doesn't wait for anyone. You are either learning and moving forward or you are moving backwards.

•••
cant xyz and top just get along? lol.

•••
•••
To Chinese people, TOP more popular than XYZ
A Chinese point of view

•••
.TOP is also Made in China, so nothing special... )

•••
This is just a part
More TOP understand propaganda, and XYZ not

•••
•••
•••
•••
How about posting a direct link to the video if it has merit, rather than me trying to find it within a bunch of twitter crap. :rolleyes:

•••
I didn't participate that, ask Afnic if it's of your interest :lookaround:

•••
I didn't participate that, ask Afnic if it's of your interest :lookaround:

Not sure what that means but would like to see the video you posted xyz vrs top, or was this just something that doesn't exist? It looks like a video presentation from the pic. If it's just a made up picture then it's a waste of everyone's time and they should ignore. BJMO

Looks like a twitter link to me, with a dead end to the subject matter. Must be your twitter... :P

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back