IT.COM

question .top VS .xyz - Which of those 2 TLDs will stay on top before this year (2016) ends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

What do you think which TLD will stay on top (in amount of registrations) before this year (2016) ends:

.top or .xyz - what do you think, which one will it be?

The current status: https://namestat.org/

Share your personal assessment here.
Thank you and all the best with your domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??! The number of registrations HAS NOTHING to do with valuation. Man, I'm getting a headache.

But being the most registered is only one part of making the TLD valueable.

•••
.top might work with anything in China but being in the U.S. I see it more like a .club. To me it's limited, only pertains to stuff like counter.top, stove.top, mountain.top, where .xyz is truly generic and works with anything. JMO..

•••
Thx all, this is the '.xyz VS .top club' and the point is to figure out why .top will top .xyz in future.

The thread could as well be closed. .Xyz was shown to have more regs and the POINT was to see which one had more regs in the end of 2016. Just read your own topic headline.

Case closed, time to move on... Happy new 2017.

Last edited:
•••
Let me start, I think it will be .top

Last edited:
•••
They have BOTH proven to do better than most new gTLDs on the aftermarket, so I like them both.

Still I would say .XYZ, but it is almost a tie... I am maybe biased, as I happen to have much better .XYZ names than .TOP names, so I've sold about ten .XYZ and zero .TOPs. So far.

There are so many Chinese citizens, so .TOP might pass .XYZ in number of regs. But, I can't tell yet.

•••
One week to go...

Xyz: 6084302
Top: 4312159

•••
•••
Personally I would be tempted to go with XYZ simply based on sales. There are English dictionary XYZ domains selling almost everyday whereas most of the .TOP sales are either LLL, LLLL, NNN etc. Not really the type of domains Western businesses would be looking for. So for practical uses there is more scope with XYZ. Plus .TOP sales are not as frequent as XYZ.
However, for a while now TOP has been getting more registrations on average per day than XYZ.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

•••
•••
I would consider them both to be independent of each other. I don't see why either TLD would bring the other down. :)

•••

Maybe a similar reason as you do for .TOP?!

.XYZ are so far doing better with western keywords on the aftermarket. And that is a fact. Maybe not that strange, as it's run by Americans.

Personally, I think .PRO is somewhat similar as .TOP, even if I personally prefer .PRO as a name. Both have a positive meanings (just as, but better than .ONE and .WIN in my opinion) and both are short.

Last edited:
•••
.top +13k today, they are adding like crazy.

1 .xyz 6,189,308 -777
2 .top 2,806,574 13,218

Yep,

Alpnames have .TOP for 0.40 USD and West have them for about the same. The two largest sellers of this extension, by far.

Similar strategy as .XYZ. Many will drop here as well. Loads of super-crazy-nonsense names are taken in both extensions. That is a fact.

Last edited:
•••
•••
.xyz sucks

Not for me. + 10K in sales.

Ok, that is not much for a .com investor that has been around for a while, but for me it helps me pay for my rice, chicken and bills.

•••
.T0P

Xyz has lots of renewals and registration may fall below 2 million before end of year.
But i see people are reg hyphenated .xyz O_o
which might mean they will stay in the .top position.

•••
Our emotions, our preferences are not important.
I'm an engineer and in my opinion the only important parameter are numbers.
And reg numbers are for .top.
Average .top regs per day 10k.
Average .xyz regs per day 3k.
Why invest money in a tld with only 3k regs per day?

•••
Both extensions suck. But .top has the better sales.

•••
Please tell me you don't SERIOUSLY believe there's a correlation between registrations and value...

Our emotions, our preferences are not important.
I'm an engineer and in my opinion the only important parameter are numbers.
And reg numbers are for .top.
Average .top regs per day 10k.
Average .xyz regs per day 3k.
Why invest money in a tld with only 3k regs per day?

•••
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??! The number of registrations HAS NOTHING to do with valuation. Man, I'm getting a headache.

What's with your temper, man? Read carefully, I said it's "one of". Not every website user is a domainer, like most people here, knowing there are a thousand TLDs to choose from for building a website with.

It's common sense that more registrations mean wider awareness. Take a look at https://ntldstats.com/tld, are you sure you would believe those with a handful registrations like .whoswho, .hoteles, .八卦 (xn--45q11c) have higher value than any of .xyz, .top, .wang, .win, or .club, the five most registered so far? Would you or would you recommand others to invest in those with really small "number of registrations"?

•••
Seeing from total registrations, .xyz takes the 1st place. But .XYZ was earlier than .top, it can not be shown which one is better. The speed of .top's development is quite fast, maybe .top will be with better sales. But the renewal of .xyz is also to be considered

•••
Read carefully:

It isn't "one of." It's not an element WHATSOEVER. Yet you're trying to say it's a factor. No: number of registrations is not "one of the things" that aid in valuation. This has100% NOTHING to do with it. I'm tired of hearing ppl preach about it.

Do you believe PR adds even $1 to value, too??

And to answer: no, I wouldn't recommend it. But it has nothing to do with it. So why did you try to justify yourself with a nonsensical point?

What's with your temper, man? Read carefully, I said it's "one of". Not every website user is a domainer, like most people here, knowing there are a thousand TLDs to choose from for building a website with.

It's common sense that more registrations mean wider awareness. Take a look at https://ntldstats.com/tld, are you sure you would believe those with a handful registrations like .whoswho, .hoteles, .八卦 (xn--45q11c) have higher value than any of .xyz, .top, .wang, .win, or .club, the five most registered so far? Would you or would you recommand others to invest in those with really small "number of registrations"?

•••
I think both domains will maintain a fair amount of popularity. It boils down to personal preference I guess.

•••
...'they are xyz (#1 'subliminal synonyme' for 'anyone)' > examples: mycompanyis.xyz / iam.xyz
Since when has a company said, "They are com" or "They are net"? One thing that makes xyz unique is that users are making websites on it. A lot of .top sites are Chinese, while xyz has more of a global audience. In my opinion, xyz has gone so far that it is here to stay. As for .top, if the Chinese market does continue to work with it, it'll have a good future.

•••
As of now .XYZ tops by 600,000 registrations than .TOP

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back