IT.COM

question .top VS .xyz - Which of those 2 TLDs will stay on top before this year (2016) ends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

What do you think which TLD will stay on top (in amount of registrations) before this year (2016) ends:

.top or .xyz - what do you think, which one will it be?

The current status: https://namestat.org/

Share your personal assessment here.
Thank you and all the best with your domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think top.xyz and xyz.top will be 5 figure.. lol..

•••
This discussion has really no sense.
Sales and aftermarket interesting are the only parameters.
Mantra, the sense of life have really no sense, we are here to talk about business, this kind of discussions have no sense (here).
How many .top domain have you sold guys? kingof.top (check whois) has 5k domains (for real!) how many domains have you sold?
Read .pro discussion, people make money with this extension, people make (few) money with .club extension, people make (few/a lot of) money with newGTLDs.
Nobody, nobody make a penny with .top domains.
At this point it's not important which tlds between xyz or top will stay on top.
We are domainers, we want make money with our investments.
Statistics does not put a penny in our wallet.
We want sales, nothing else. No sales? Fail tld. Simple.

•••
Every disussion makes sense (whole life makes sense), sometimes (or often) the sense is hidden.

I offer most of my .top domains for a high price because they are .top domains and not .xyz or other domains - so I have to offer them in a high price range.
Of course, if you set high prices it's difficult to make a sale - but I prefer to make some few big sales than to make many small sales - thats why I choose .top domains.

I know one thing: big patience is a top thing.

If you try your luck with .top domains, it may be harder but at the end it can bring you to the top.

Last edited:
•••
I offer most of my .top domains for a high price because they are .top domains and not .xyz or other domains - so I have to offer them in a high price range

More interesting from my (and maybe some other's) perspective:

How many of your .top will you drop this year? If the renewal fee is "standard".

I will drop about 25% of my .xyz, but I have only a hundred, or a little less.

•••
Currently .xyz is over .top and really, my congrats to the .xyz registry and all .xyz domain owners.
But .top will take over .xyz. at some point in history, I warn you.

Simply because it's the most logical thing since .top exist - a TopLevelDomain named .top must take over all TLDs at some point - otherwise it wouldn't be named .top - but it is named .top and not .xyz - and that's the decisive difference between .xyz and .top.

In other words:

If we read / hear '.xyz', it reads / sounds 'disoriented' - because it goes in all axis, directions:
x, y, z = ?

But if we read / hear '.top', it reads / sounds 'oriented' - because it goes in one direction:
up, to the top = !
I warn you ....
Your logic makes me LOL:)
Cheers! (to .TOP)

•••
Statistics does not put a penny in our wallet.

if you can make them work for you they can make money.. e.g distort, hype, lie, inflate etc..

Last edited:
•••
More interesting from my (and maybe some other's) perspective:

How many of your .top will you drop this year? If the renewal fee is "standard".

I will drop about 25% of my .xyz, but I have only a hundred, or a little less.

I wish you the right decisions.

Domaining is mining.

At his moment I don't know how many of my .top's I will drop / renew - you / I will see.
I am always looking forward to manage my domains in an effective way.
Maybe I will drop / renew 1 % maybe 99 % - yes, because I already own the most possible number of top's - in just one domain and that's why I am not really concerned.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting...
I have few of both but at least based on inquiries I think .xyz is doing better right now. Can that change ...may be. Will it change...I don't know.

As of today if both tld available and I can register only one assuming both are costing same and for the same domain, I will go for .xyz

Again this is highly personal opinion and based on very little experience. Others may have better and different experiences.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
.xyz sucks

Not for me. + 10K in sales.

Ok, that is not much for a .com investor that has been around for a while, but for me it helps me pay for my rice, chicken and bills.

•••
Well .top has just passed .xyz, although I think both will stay popular and will be close for some time.

•••
I see that .top is now more popular than .xyz

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back