NameSilo

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why would anyone reg keywordxyz.com???

the same reason they dont reg keywordcom.com..... .xyz is a generic extension unlike .online, .club, .tech, .xxx, etc. which are based on popular/common .com (and maybe .net) keyword suffixes.

•••
why would anyone reg keywordxyz.com???

the same reason they dont reg keywordcom.com..... .xyz is a generic extension unlike .online, .club, .tech, .xxx, etc. which are based on popular/common .com (and maybe .net) keyword suffixes.

You're right but his other point of separating keywords is correct

•••
Hey all

I see some people say they have premium keywords in .xyz, please let us see the premium keywords you have...just curious

My family was lucky enough to have the opportunity to acquire "Wines.XYZ" and Wines.com sold for $2,900,000 USD and Wine.com sold for $3,300,000 USD and Wine.Club just sold for 100K

We have DN.Properties to thank for this opportunity ... Thank you again !

Last edited:
•••
Well there is still tons of premium ones and a lot of premium ones that have been dropped, so we know there available you just need to find a few and hang on to them, My Two newest ones are Tropic.xyz and CapitalCity.xyz
i assume the Tropic.xyz was Dropped and i just so happen to find it because Tropics and tropical was taken

Wines.xyz is good i had the chance to buy cheeses.xyz but someone out bid me thats ok i wasnt really into having a Cheezy xyz haha

•••
I have verified that more than 2000 domains have been captured from west263.com in the last two days

•••
Alright guys i bought my first .tech and probably last
I scooped up Technicians.tech whats it worth ?

•••
My family was lucky enough to have the opportunity to acquire "Wines.XYZ" and Wines.com sold for $2,900,000 USD and Wine.com sold for $3,300,000 USD and Wine.Club just sold for 100K

We have DN.Properties to thank for this opportunity ... Thank you again !

Your're welcome, thank you. Great domain and I bet I regret letting it go so early some day :!:

•••

Wine is a good premium keyword, but not in xyz

Wines nowhere near as good and you will struggle making decent money off it, doesn't suit the extension

•••
Wine is a good premium keyword, but not in xyz

Wines nowhere near as good and you will struggle making decent money off it, doesn't suit the extension

:D, maybe in Perth but I personally think you're just knocking anything non .com within the gTLD thread.

Last edited:
•••
Well decided to dip into xyz since its such a bargain to reg right now

Even tho xyz is a gtld decided to get this :

CCTLDS.xyz​

:xf.cool:

•••
, maybe in Perth but that would be about it.

Its globally Im afraid, look at past sales, its more about the extension than the keyword though ;)

•••
Its globally Im afraid, look at past sales, its more about the extension than the keyword though ;)

Thanks for the lesson but I'm moving to another teacher. :rolleyes:

Do you even own a new gTLD? If so post it...

No disrespect, just the facts.

Last edited:
•••
I got Earplugs.xyz you never know... :P

•••
Do you even own a new gTLD? If so post it...

No disrespect, just the facts.

I have one ( Holo.Solutions) and thats for development, I dont plan on making money out of it. I will spend my money on something tried and tested

It really drives me crazy lol, this happens every year and if you don't want to take my advice, I totally understand, but just have a look at all the threads on new extensions over the last 10 years and see how active they are now

There are no facts on this extension, besides domainers going crazy for them because of Google buying 1 name

•••
Facts.

1 )
Was easy in 1995 become a success domainer, I in particular, will find no merit there was only one extention. I wish some famous domain explain how an extension can supply the growth of the web when data say that in Janaury 2014 there are around 861,379,000 registered host names, which is an increase of around 350,000 compared to December 2013. However, the number of active websites recorded in January 2014 actually contracted by around 4 million to just over 180,000,000.

2 ) Everyone has complaints about xyz price vs Registration number vs spam, but ( Facts ) .com has more spam, Every business has a strategy, so for me it is a smart strategy that is taking effect.

3 ) You think the .xyz can not compete agains .com ? - Iphone vs Adroid , Cocacola vs Pepsi,

Perception ?

Bmw vs Toyota

•••
108854 new .xyz registrations today . ref: registered dot today

•••
Facts.

1 )
Was easy in 1995 become a success domainer, I in particular, will find no merit there was only one extention. I wish some famous domain explain how an extension can supply the growth of the web when data say that in Janaury 2014 there are around 861,379,000 registered host names, which is an increase of around 350,000 compared to December 2013. However, the number of active websites recorded in January 2014 actually contracted by around 4 million to just over 180,000,000.

2 ) Everyone has complaints about xyz price vs Registration number vs spam, but ( Facts ) .com has more spam, Every business has a strategy, so for me it is a smart strategy that is taking effect.

3 ) You think the .xyz can not compete agains .com ? - Iphone vs Adroid , Cocacola vs Pepsi,

Perception ?

Bmw vs Toyota

What do you mean with compete?

Do you honestly believe .xyz will be worth and will often sell in between $x,xxx,xxx - xx,xxx region?

If that's were it's heading, how do you explain so many keyword .xyz still available to register..
Got to be too few people believing that $xx investment will pay off, otherwise all of them would of been gone already, right?

Maybe very strong keyword or few great combination .xyz will make some decant money, but to compete, never mind .com, but even with some ccTld sales which two and tree keyword combinations sometimes sell for quite impressive numbers, yet some of the same keyword combinations are still available in .xyz

I don't see that as great marker for .xyz not just competing with .com, but to be considered, let's say one of top 5 - 10 extensions, do you?

There is no guarantees, that someone with deep pockets won't bring out next (.xyz) version in chain year later with greater public campaign.. I wonder what will people say then..

1) .xyz, didn't work out the way we planed but .... is surely next big thing

2) .xyz is good, but .... is better

3) King .com is dead new king ... is born

4) Internet melts .... Company registered .... domain

---------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned earlier in thread I wish best of luck to everyone who made investments and do hope you actually make some nice money on top, but even with previous successors like .mobi / .co and similar actually made some bigger sales than .xyz has so far at first and still faded away..

And what came next, something new with same false hopes!!

I think they were brought in for similar reason, to compete with.com and give people chance to get names for more affordable prices right?

Last edited:
•••
What do you mean with compete?

Do you honestly believe .xyz will be worth and will often sell in between $x,xxx,xxx - xx,xxx region?

If that's were it's heading, how do you explain so many keyword .xyz still available to register..
Got to be too few people believing that $xx investment will pay off, otherwise all of them would of been gone already, right?

Maybe very strong keyword or few great combination .xyz will make some decant money, but to compete, never mind .com, but even with some ccTld sales which two and tree keyword combinations sometimes sell for quite impressive numbers, yet some of the same keyword combinations are still available in .xyz

I don't see that as great marker for .xyz not just competing with .com, but to be considered, let's say one of top 5 - 10 extensions, do you?

There is no guarantees, that someone with deep pockets won't bring out next (.xyz) version in chain year later with greater public campaign.. I wonder what will people say then..

1) .xyz, didn't work out the way we planed but .... is surely next big thing

2) .xyz is good, but .... is better

3) King .com is dead new king ... is born

4) Internet melts .... Company registered .... domain

---------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned earlier in thread I wish best of luck to everyone who made investments and do hope you actually make some nice money on top, but even with previous successors like .mobi / .co and similar actually made some bigger sales than .xyz has so far at first and still faded away..

And what came next, something new with same false hopes!!

I think they were brought in for similar reason, to compete with.com and give people chance to get names for more affordable prices right?

Tell me one product or service unique ?

eg.

1 ) For over 100 years, hotel companies were the kings in the world tourism business. Today the game change ( Airbnb ) a simple website collects more money that any hotel website.

2 ) Iphone solds in 2014 61M vs Android sold 1B

When you say you can not compare to the .com is for you own interest, the economy and the markets are not restrictive

•••
I understand points you are making but I am referring to fact that look at the many other nTld's and the reg fee potential renewal costs yet people still role with them. As someone mentioned here most of them maybe just for certain industry or something along that path and .xyz is suppose to kind of like .com is now, right?

But then you look at .xyz it's much cheaper to hand register and renew even comparing to nTld's which (irrelevant to .com or other established extensions) it still has to compete with..

.xyz is so cheap and yet people still aren't picking up all the keyword domains, If I invested a lot of money in .xyz names I would've been very worried and would look to sell mine as soon as I can. Anyway that's just my opinion!

I don't have full information on all .xyz sales but according to this post

''The highest .xyz sale is deals.xyz so far for $8113, followed by three another 4 figure sales (cloud.xyz for $6600, customer.xyz for $1999 and ccc.xyz for $1210). There is no more public 4 figure sale for a .xyz and there is no 5 or 6 figure sale at all. The best one word .xyz domains are sold at auction by Namejet and despite of the intensive promotion, most of these names are sold for 2 figures or low 3 figures, which is a typical registration price of other nTLDs.''
Read more http://domain.tips/xyz/

Is not looking good, if you ask me..

Even if .xyz sales were to pick up don't you think there will be any new Tld's released to compete with already existing ones and especially with .xyz?

Last edited:
•••
I have one ( Holo.Solutions) and thats for development, I dont plan on making money out of it. I will spend my money on something tried and tested

It really drives me crazy lol, this happens every year and if you don't want to take
I understand points you are making but I am referring to fact that look at the many other nTld's and the reg fee potential renewal costs yet people still role with them. As someone mentioned here most of them maybe just for certain industry or something along that path and .xyz is suppose to kind of like .com is now, right?

But then you look at .xyz it's much cheaper to hand register and renew even comparing to nTld's which (irrelevant to .com or other established extensions) it still has to compete with..

.xyz is so cheap and yet people still aren't picking up all the keyword domains, If I invested a lot of money in .xyz names I would've been very worried and would look to sell mine as soon as I can. Anyway that's just my opinion!

''The highest .xyz sale is deals.xyz so far for $8113, followed by three another 4 figure sales (cloud.xyz for $6600, customer.xyz for $1999 and ccc.xyz for $1210). There is no more public 4 figure sale for a .xyz and there is no 5 or 6 figure sale at all. The best one word .xyz domains are sold at auction by Namejet and despite of the intensive promotion, most of these names are sold for 2 figures or low 3 figures, which is a typical registration price of other nTLDs.''

Even if .xyz sales were to pick up don't you think there will be any new Tld's released to compete with already existing ones and especially with .xyz?

You're funny buddy ... I spent four figures on some of my XYZ names because I do see the future ! You don't really follow this thread but to bash it but if you go back a couple posts I announced it and you can see what I own ! Enjoy the Past and will Enjoy the Future ! Gipson made an extremely great point with Competition. .Com is the king and .Net is prince. .Org is a joker. Where's the Queen ? The perfect GTLD has not been found according to you guys but from the numbers I am seeing the King has chosen XYZ to be jointed. There is not a better GTLD and the statistics prove this !

•••
I don't know why ppl are bashing the potential of xyz here.
If there is a new extension that has the biggest potential, it looks like it's going to be xyz.
Don't take my word for it, just look at the numbers.

You can't expect a 1 year old extension to be priced comparably to .com in the after market now.
I will be more than happy if .xyz can match .net or .org values in future.
As many have said, its a long term play.

•••
All markets grow

Ok, I understand what you say, but must also understand the time when the . xyz appears, xyz or any other extencion can not behave like .com, in other words if the .xyz was the first extension You would have a contrary opinion.

Therefore, say that the .com is the king forever It has no clear justification.

•••
do not miss the opportunity

try to write how say in Chinese xxxxxx ( English word ) thousands of domains are being registered now From China.

but beware, check that the translation is correct

•••
You're funny buddy ... I spent four figures on some of my XYZ names because I do see the future !
Four figures on 'some' of your .xyz names. So how much have you wasted in total ?
I can understand that you are slightly infatuated with the TLD and your names in particular. Of course, when you have 'invested' a lot of money in something, the prospect of failure is a very unpleasant thought, but are you sure you are being objective ? There are so many other TLDs...

You don't really follow this thread but to bash it but if you go back a couple posts I announced it and you can see what I own !
I'm not seeing him bashing the TLD, just putting some perspective. He's being very reasonable imho. He's right, in terms of resale value, .xyz is below .biz.

Enjoy the Past and will Enjoy the Future !
Speaking of past and future, it's interesting that the most vocal supporters of new extensions are always newcomers. But at renewal time they have already vanished from the forum :P
This is a fact confirmed by countless threads produced over the last 10 years.

IMO it's not about the past or the future. It is about the present. I can only speak for myself, but I want to make sales, and not be a domain collector. So I focus on the names that people are buying at the present. It doesn't mean not being alert to new trends.
Living in tune with present reality is not being stuck in the past.

There is not a better GTLD and the statistics prove this !
Which ones ? Remember that we are dealing with a registry that makes a lot of fluff and likes to inflate numbers too.

•••
How do you know, if I do or don't fallow these threads? Just because I don't give people hope saying how great .xyz is, because it isn't!!

Besides, If you look for similar treads on this forum I voiced my opinions earlier, when Google just picked up .xyz when apparently, .xyz was about to explode over night, it didn't happen.. It calmed down so people realized nothing special will happen with .xyz until someone else jumped on the bandwagon..

Sad truth is some newbies sign up here and will spend lot of money because, someone say ''it's great opportunity to get rich in few years'' but for majority it won't be..

I almost fell for same trap when .co become next .com (or better, because it's shorter), luckily I didn't had much money to waste on it then, thanks god for that :D

Find similar tread on other extensions just from year or few years back and see how many similarities you can draw to what you sayingguys! I almost pisXXX my self laughing reading some of those threads from time back, but for fact that some people are in agony because it's too late to get that $ back now!

Even If it was between .co and .xyz right now, which one would you say made more sense, just be honest here please!!

You know what's funniest? When people who been on this forum for years, join these discussion voice their opinion and warn you, their opinion almost imminently seem to be dismissed with fallowing;

You all just sitting on your .com's and don't want to see potential in nTLD's or being scared they will take value away from .com's, or along similar line!

Well many have suggested there is potential in certain nTLD's, but not in .xyz, please!

Just think about it, some of them been there and lost money with previous TLD's coming out with similar hopes and not far off taglines, but I guess someone who is sitting up there is laughing while their pockets are being filled and doesn't care whether people can afford to throw their money away, starting with the guy who invented .xyz.. This is great for him, people like you guys run he's marketing campaign for free! :D

Best part is when someone showcase their crappy .xyz on forums very rarely I seen any of you even steping up to tell them dead straight and simple,

IT'S CRAP

Yes that's right I seen .xyz names so bad, that even current .com very unlikely sell for reg fee yet guy's still throw out comment like; ''yeah it's decant name, just hold on to it for few years''

Why not just waist some more money, right!
Is somebody here actually getting paid for defending .xyz, because at time's it sure look like that to me LOL

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back