NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You remind me of the all the liberals in Congress sitting on their hands during the SOTU last week!
Rooting against Trump is much more important than a robust ecomomy, booming stock market and low unemployment amongst african-americans and hispanics! Keep rooting against America liberals, and see how that's going to work out for you!

•••
Don't fall apart again like you did the other day.

Every trader / economist on CNBC talked about artificially low interest rates and an anemic recovery for eight years.

Trump won the election and trading volume more than quadrupled the next day. Facts are facts. There's more to a healthy economy than an article written by a democrat to spin O's legacy.

Last edited:
•••
anemic recovery for eight years.

Not to mention the anemic job growth, GDP and wages under Obama, as over reaching regulation and burdensome taxation shipped all of our jobs overseas.

•••
Not to mention the anemic job growth, GDP and wages under Obama, as over reaching regulation and burdensome taxation shipped all of our jobs overseas.

Job growth was astounding. People all over American had two, three part-time Jobs!

•••
You remind me of the all the liberals in Congress sitting on their hands during the SOTU last week!
Rooting against Trump is much more important than a robust ecomomy, booming stock market and low unemployment amongst african-americans and hispanics! Keep rooting against America liberals, and see how that's going to work out for you!

Again, with the struggle reading. And in such a short response, so much nonsense.

Sitting on hands. EVERYBODY does that. Except, you guys literally shouted out liar, when Obama was giving his speech. So I consider that to be a wash, since both sides sit on their hands, don't applaud etc. But maybe you guys are bigger snowflakes, since you seem to cry about it a lot more.

Again, I'm not rooting against America, I'm pointing facts out. Stock market is down.

And again, I literally posted African American Unemployment, it went back up a point.

Read.

•••
Donald Trump says "It seems that the economy does better under the Democrats"

•••
•••
Something President Obama did I supported, was commuting sentences of non-violent offenders. Of course the Gov couldn't help but screw things up.. that's Gov and would happen regardless of who was President.

Lacking reform of mandatory sentencing, Trump's idea isn't bad either. Rehabilitation, not just punishment. If we could get those two programs working together I think it would help a lot of people.

•••

"That's almost double what the government borrowed in fiscal year 2017.

Here are the exact figures: The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year."

Thanks, Donald.

•••
•••
Trump got handed a sh*t sandwich, just like Obama did.

haha, quoted this in case you try to delete it.

You just outed yourself with that one.

Obama got handed the worst economy since Great Depression, Unemployment went all the way up to 10%, handed over to Trump at 4 something.

Trump got handed an economy going in the right direction, he's been taking credit for it the first year.

For you to post such nonsense, unbelievable.

Final bell has rung

MARKET NEWS: Dow down 1,000 points after biggest intraday drop ever

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks/ar-BBIInNX

DVTO5f2VwAAVhIR.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Are you saying the economy isn't doing well? Trump got handed a sh*t sandwich, just like Obama did. The only difference is, Trump is actually GROWING the economy.
Then you pay up the debt. If you are increasing an already enormous debt then you're still living above your means. And putting your future in jeopardy. You're certainly not being fiscally responsible.

45 suggested he would run the country like one of his businesses, and he's striving to fulfill that promise. He has gone bankrupt in the past too, maybe that should concern you a little bit.
But OK is not so much 45 who is responsible here. This is typical government in action here: spending money they don't have. Politicians are all the same. But if he wants to take credit for the economy (whatever that means), then he also needs to tell the American public the country is broke.

Now, do you really think that reckless spending will last forever ?

•••
MRAPs in the streets and militarized law enforcement have become new normal in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States#2010–2017

While it's true that there are more of these incidents recently, mostly in super liberal California, no surprise there, most of the civil unrest in this country, is caused by opposition to police shootings (justified or not), and LIBERAL opposition to such things like, having a conservative speaker as a guest on your campus, or resisting anything Trump related. Conservatives really don't riot, because they like our system of government and all the liberties it affords us, as well as the freedom to pursue your own dreams and wealth! And the last time I checked the right to bear arms was still in the Bill of Rights! The militarization of police forces was in response to many of these liberal uprisings, because when liberals don't get their way, they lash out! It's our brave and worthy police forces just trying to keep us safe!

•••
•••

Nice to see another lib rooting against a strong US economy! You're only telling half the story with your tagline though. Look at the graph to see how much Obama spent early in his first term. Then he gutted our military to slash the deficit. The money will have to be spent early on to fix the nonsense Obama left us with. Crumbling infastructure, massive corporate defections, and sky rocketing entitlements for out of control illegal immigration and a broken health care system will cost massive amounts of money to fix! The can will simply get kicked down the road, but hopefully the nonsense the Obama Administration left us with will get fixed!

Last edited:
•••
Nice to see another lib rooting against a strong US economy!
Please...
Again, where is that strong economy ? You are getting poorer by the day. Politicians throw peanuts at you, and pretend everything is alright. No, they sold the country away.

You're only telling half the story with your tagline though.
I think that's the half that is most significant here, and that nullifies the other half.
I mean, the level of conversation is surreal. When you talk about the debt, people stick their heads in the sand and disconnect their brains. No wonder why, the truth is not pleasant.

•••
When you talk about the debt, people stick their heads in the sand and disconnect their brains. No wonder why, the truth is not pleasant.

I agreed with you last week that the debt is definitely a problem and concern, but that doesn't mean we should throw up our hands and say, we can't fix any of our problems because they are just too expensive!

The drain on the American taxpayer from illegal immigration is mind boggling. If we fix that, it will go a long way towards righting the ship.

Speaking of illegal immigration, another promising American life, needlessly cut short!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colts-mourn-edwin-jackson-details-alleged-suspect-emerge-192212572.html

Police have started to give more details on the man who struck Jackson and Monroe. According to Indiana State Police detectives, 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala was driving a Ford F-150 pickup truck when he hit Jackson and Monroe, and tried to flee the scene on foot.

Police said he is an undocumented immigrant who has been deported twice previously.

“Orrego-Savala is in the United States illegally and has previously been deported on two occasions, in 2007 and again in 2009,” Indianapolis State Police Sgt. John Perrine said in a statement. “State police investigators are working with U.S. Federal Immigration Officials and they have placed a hold on Orrego-Savala.”

Orrego-Savala gave police the wrong name initially. He is being held at Marion County jail.

As a sidenote: An illegal immigrant ran a red light in Columbus, OH broadsided my 24 year old daughters Lexus, totalling the car, slightly injuring her and then fled the scene on foot. She had no insurance but an Ohio driver's license. It was a nightmare trying to get compensation for my daughters car. Stories like these are played out across the US every single hour of the day, and put a huge drain on our economy!

•••
Your daughter was driving without car insurance? A Lexus at that? Oh, the immigrant.

•••
Your daughter was driving without car insurance? A Lexus at that? Oh, the immigrant.

Try to keep up JB! My daughter had to use her insurance to get compensated for an accident caused by an illegal immigrant. It was a hassle getting full compensation for her totaled car, and a rental car, let alone the time involved, and not saying anything about her minor injuries and the eventual increase in her premiums. Do you even understand how car insurance works and how expensive it is to have uninsured drivers driving like idiots? Not sure by your response if you do, or were you just being your smug, smart ass self?

•••
Try to keep up JB! My daughter had to use her insurance to get compensated for an accident caused by an illegal immigrant. It was a hassle getting full compensation for her totaled car, and a rental car, let alone the time involved, and not saying anything about her minor injuries and the eventual increase in her premiums. Do you even understand how car insurance works and how expensive it is to have uninsured drivers driving like idiots? Not sure by your response if you do, or were you just being your smug, smart ass self?

You keep up, I just read it wrong and said the immigrant at the end.

•••
Sandy VJ who can't read a stock chart or understand %'s suddenly can't remember anemic growth was paid for by 10 Trillion dollar deficit and 0% interest rate.

President Trump was handed a deficit of almost 19 Trillion. The day after he was elected, the market boomed, volume more the quadrupled. Interest rates are normalizing causing a market correction.

Simpleton's think this is some kind of catastrophic downturn.

President Trump has cut regulations, cut taxes, incentivized companies to bring their money back to the USA and invest. And it's working.

haha, quoted this in case you try to delete it.

You just outed yourself with that one.

Obama got handed the worst economy since Great Depression, Unemployment went all the way up to 10%, handed over to Trump at 4 something.

Trump got handed an economy going in the right direction, he's been taking credit for it the first year.

For you to post such nonsense, unbelievable.

Final bell has rung

MARKET NEWS: Dow down 1,000 points after biggest intraday drop ever

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks/ar-BBIInNX

DVTO5f2VwAAVhIR.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Then you pay up the debt. If you are increasing an already enormous debt then you're still living above your means. And putting your future in jeopardy. You're certainly not being fiscally responsible.

45 suggested he would run the country like one of his businesses, and he's striving to fulfill that promise. He has gone bankrupt in the past too, maybe that should concern you a little bit.
But OK is not so much 45 who is responsible here. This is typical government in action here: spending money they don't have. Politicians are all the same. But if he wants to take credit for the economy (whatever that means), then he also needs to tell the American public the country is broke.

Now, do you really think that reckless spending will last forever ?

I'll trust real economist, not Internet deep thinkers claiming failure at every downturn. Of course, same smart people were defending running a deficit when their man was blowing 500 billion on solar panels instead of roads and bridges.

•••
Nice to see another lib rooting against a strong US economy! You're only telling half the story with your tagline though. Look at the graph to see how much Obama spent early in his first term. Then he gutted our military to slash the deficit. The money will have to be spent early on to fix the nonsense Obama left us with. Crumbling infastructure, massive corporate defections, and sky rocketing entitlements for out of control illegal immigration and a broken health care system will cost massive amounts of money to fix! The can will simply get kicked down the road, but hopefully the nonsense the Obama Administration left us with will get fixed!

But Obama managed to build two solar panel factories for Chinese industrialist to dismantle and ship home.

•••

Simpleton's think this is some kind of catastrophic downturn

haha, somebody's mad.

Just as expected. When things are going good, take credit. When things turn a little, blame Obama.

The tax bill.

If it goes well - Trump Tax Plan
If it goes bad - GOP Bill

•••
Reporter: President Obama, why haven't you spent more on our crumbling infrastructure?

President Obama, huh.. turns out there's no such thing as shovel ready jobs.

Reporter: President Trump, how will you repair our crumbling infrastructure?

President Trump, we're cutting duplicate regulatory oversight, cutting wait time for project approval to one year.

#MAGA

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back