NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will help Dot tel to be valuable even if I'm not the one who will make it BIG. I've just put a video on you tube to promote premium dot tels:
YouTube - dotteldomainnames

•••
I agree with you on the buyers intent.

However, the majority market are not interested in buying pipedreams for ($X,XXX,XXX) or any new TLD for that matter (no pun intended). Rather they are interested in purchasing a premium generic .COM like Ad*com ($1.4 million USD).

Thanks,
LexisDomains

Sometimes a person can get lucky & sell a reg for $xxx but as you said, yeah, most ppl would rather buy a premium. And I do have jacklyn.tel but I couldn't see getting $1,000 or even $50 for it at this point in the game.

•••
Archangel... I love your signature quote: "On behalf of my country, I apologize for Britney Spears, Michael Jackson & boy bands."

O' you forgot one... K-Fed, Britney's ex! LOL!

You really gave me a much needed laugh!!!

Thanks,
LexisDomains

•••
Archangel... I love your signature quote: "On behalf of my country, I apologize for Britney Spears, Michael Jackson & boy bands."

Thanks,
LexisDomains

lol Thanks. SOMEONE had to apologize :D

•••

Thanks,
LexisDomains

The Americans you should be apologising for are Greenspan and Bernanke. They have caused more damage than WWII.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I will help Dot tel to be valuable even if I'm not the one who will make it BIG. I've just put a video on you tube to promote premium dot tels:
YouTube - dotteldomainnames

Great video. That's what I call "gravitas" in marketing product.

•••
•••
•••
March 24, 2010 : that is the date !
Do you beleive that if there will be many .tel dropped at that date, dot tel will be evaluated as a flop ? We have to wait 11 months.

•••
•••
•••
What do all of these conferences have in common?

* T.r.a.f.f.i.c
* DomainFest Global
* Domainer Mardi Gras
* Domain RoundTable 2009

They all revolve around .COM

Yep. Until the big boys (million dollar TLD investors) see a need to promote and organize domain conferences around non-premium TLD's, there will be no glory for new top level domains (with the exception of ccTLDS).

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

My recent twitter post: Free .Tel Suggestion: Wrestlemania*tel Hurry to register less than 5 seconds ago

Until about two months ago, ccTLDs were considered a bad investment. Then, all of a sudden, one of Rick Latona's friends decided that ccTLDs are "hot," and now everyone seems to be jumping on board, although ccTLDs tend to rank highly only in their host countries (which is just fine and the way it's supposed to be).

Talk about lemming behavior. Create "buzz," and they will come, and they have.

Many of us who invested in .tel did so after reading and researching how this gTLD will work (from an enduser POV) AND against prevailing opinion. Of course Telnic is touting this TLD by creating some buzz for it; however, this company is also encouraging a APPS developer community and also LISTENING to community suggestions regarding creating ease for the panel.

Soon enough, the big guys will see the utility for .tel, and then we'll see more lemmings jumping on the .tel wagon.

One other thing: every one of my .tels is populated with relevant contact info and keywords; many of them have subdomains.

I can't say the same thing for my .coms.

•••

Until about two months ago, ccTLDs were considered a bad investment. Then, all of a sudden, one of Rick Latona's friends decided that ccTLDs are "hot," and now everyone seems to be jumping on board, although ccTLDs tend to rank highly only in their host countries (which is just fine and the way it's supposed to be).

Many of us who invested in .tel did so after reading and researching how this gTLD will work (from an enduser POV) AND against prevailing opinion. Of course Telnic is touting this TLD by creating some buzz for it; however, this company is also encouraging a APPS developer community and also LISTENING to community suggestions regarding creating ease for the panel.

Soon enough, the big guys will see the utility for .tel, and then we'll see more lemmings jumping on the .tel wagon.

One other thing: every one of my .tels is populated with relevant contact info and keywords; many of them have subdomains.

I can't say the same thing for my .coms.

In my experience, domaining is fuled by lemmings. If a bandwagon is formed, there will be ppl who'll jump on it. That's another given in this game. There are more factors to it, I know, but LLLL.com's were pretty much worthless until they started running out & they somehow came into vogue with the domain investing industry. They've cooled down a lot but at a time, even the worst LLLL.com sold for about $50. That's a staggering number considering they were reg fee a year earlier.

Right now, ccTLDs are in vogue but I'm not a heavy investor in them. I own computers.vc but only acquired it since it was basically given to me after a deal I made with its previous owner.

I still find the REAL money in .com/.net/.org and have no real faith in new ext. But I opt to reg one .tel, just in case. It's too early to tell whether .tel will succeed or flop. In the case that the latter never proves true, I'll have at least 1 .tel to timker with.

•••
My feux.tel is live.
It's about fireworks in Montreal, Quebec city and Gatineau.

Last edited:
•••
Success sure to come!

* Until about two months ago, ccTLDs were considered a bad investment. Then, all of a sudden, one of Rick Latona's friends decided that ccTLDs are "hot," and now everyone seems to be jumping on board, although ccTLDs tend to rank highly only in their host countries (which is just fine and the way it's supposed to be).

You're right! ccTLDs are now starting to gain popularity & premium value. And to think that it only took about 2 years for this type of buzz and or interest to be created?......

I should point out that I do not support the '$3000 a day domainer' talk, which seems to be more sensationalist than factual.

• Is it possible? Yes.

• Is this technique a reasonable investment stratgey?
Maybe if you own about 1500 website that earned an average PPC of $2.00 per day!

Many of us who invested in .tel did so after reading and researching how this gTLD will work (from an enduser POV) AND against prevailing opinion. Of course Telnic is touting this TLD by creating some buzz for it.

Ms. Domainer. I'm an investor much like yourself and certainly do appreciate your insightful thoughts and professionalism. However, it's only reasonable that we all understand that .TEL TLD will take time become a 'household extension' in such a diverse domain market.

Eventually, the buzz will spread to big money investors.... and ($XX,XXX sales) will come!

Wishing you much success,
LexisDomains

•••

The ccTLDs ARE a good and PROVEN investment. They have been for years...
I'm not talking about exotic ccTLDs like .cc, .io or .vg but mature ones like the European extensions.

I beg to disagree. It's the opposite that happened. The lemmings jumped in from the very start. They should have waited for .tel to crash :guilty:

•••
The ccTLDs ARE a good and PROVEN investment. They have been for years...
I'm not talking about exotic ccTLDs like .cc, .io or .vg but mature ones like the European extensions.

I beg to disagree. It's the opposite that happened. The lemmings jumped in from the very start. They should have waited for .tel to crash :guilty:

I agree.

ccTLDs have always been a good investment (except for some exotic ones).

•••
That isn't logical. The popularity of a TLD directly relates to its value. COM does so well because it is the most popular TLD.
By your logic if .tel one day has the same number of registrations as .com, newyork.tel will have the same value as newyork.com.

•••
I just read your post and it seems you have the #1 Google result for "jay williams lake junaluska". I am not sure that term is a highly searched term, or what it proves for .TEL overall.

Brad
I guess claims about #1 shouldn't have been the lead. The point I was trying to make is that the .tel was very recently added (as almost all have) and google found the exact match!

The point is that the claim about the seo and google finding the key words is true! It found julius.tel which had the 100% match of the search term, but didn't give same relevance to jaywilliams.tel because it didn't have the search term. That adds to the claim that people will find you!

I shouldn't have linked it here, just very excited.

•••
By your logic if .tel one day has the same number of registrations as .com, newyork.tel will have the same value as newyork.com.

I don't think I understand exactly how you came to that conclusion.

•••
I don't think I understand exactly how you came to that conclusion.

If you consider there may be a parallel universe where .tel have been the norm and were first registered 18+ years ago, sex.tel sold for 14 million, business.tel 6 million- in this universe .com is the newbie and is under heavy scrutiny and may crash and burn in the not too distant future. :p

Fortunately there are enough .com believers and it is likely to get a small following of devotees as it can actually be developed- a new and potentially exciting concept.

Stop me if I am rambling. :laugh:

•••
If you consider there may be a parallel universe where .tel have been the norm and were first registered 18+ years ago, sex.tel sold for 14 million, business.tel 6 million- in this universe .com is the newbie and is under heavy scrutiny and may crash and burn in the not too distant future. :p

Fortunately there are enough .com believers and it is likely to get a small following of devotees as it can actually be developed- a new and potentially exciting concept.

Stop me if I am rambling. :laugh:

What I mean is: The more popular/widespread an ext is relates to the profitability of a domain in that extension. That cannot be argued. Would YOU rather have domain.net or domain.ws? ;) And .com is king. Would YOU rather have domain.com or domain.net? This is simply logical thinking to an experienced domainer.

•••
That's not the logic I used. Good try, but your interpretation of my logic is faulty. Com is COM. TEL isn't going to change that fact. What I said was that with more popular a TLD is (more registrations = greater demand and less supply) prices will go up not down as Acroplex claims. It is really just Economics 101 (the more people want an increasingly, rare product the higher the selling price). The product in this case being keyword and dictionary domain names. I am not saying anything that is not true in every other market on earth. Why should domains be any different?

For the record, I don't see TEL ever reaching COM prices. I do see TEL is another tool in my retail bag of tricks. It is just one more way to find customers. Good quality keywords will be valuable in a few years time, but COM will always be king.

•••
That's not the logic I used. Good try, but your interpretation of my logic is faulty. Com is COM. TEL isn't going to change that fact. What I said was that with more popular a TLD is (more registrations = greater demand and less supply) prices will go up not down as Acroplex claims. It is really just Economics 101 (the more people want an increasingly, rare product the higher the selling price). The product in this case being keyword and dictionary domain names. I am not saying anything that is not true in every other market on earth. Why should domains be any different?

For the record, I don't see TEL ever reaching COM prices. I do see TEL is another tool in my retail bag of tricks. It is just one more way to find customers. Good quality keywords will be valuable in a few years time, but COM will always be king.

Supply vs demand is true in every niche, yeah.
Well said, reps added :)

•••
The Telnic Roadmap

.tel Community | Roadmap

Sorry if this has allready been posted before, but there really are some nice plans ahead!

•••
This thread has become a little boring!

Does anybody have any exciting news to share about .TEL?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back