Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
most people I talk to are not happy because they wanted extra pages on Telnic own Templete what works on the DNS
The fact a .Tel is the only domain I know of what works on the Dns was a big help to me a few years ago when all my wordpress sites got hacked but lucky for me my .Tel was not effected and in fact never will be to virus or hacking.

But it has good reasons why it will fail

One page .tel on the dns is pointless for seo.
Godaddy not interested in .TEL you can't buy .Tel name from them
.Tel means nothing unLIKE Business Company ect
THE MAIN REASON IT WILL FAIL The people in charge of .Tel are clueless this is the reason .TEL will fail.
it had its chance years ago when it was the first out of the gate and the same people are in charge.

They even failed to run a forum and some members of staff have now got jobs on supporting cast of walking dead horror movies.....strange but very true.

Last edited:
•••
There may be some life left in this extension. The registrar, Telnic, has announced that from March 17th 2017, .tel will be able to be hosted like any other domain. What do you think about that?
You joined just to post that?
What do you think about that?
Are you Telnic Staff?

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
thank you have nice New Year.

Last edited:
•••
Not Telnic staff. Long suffering .tel investor. I think that now the restrictions have been taken off .tel and it can be hosted like any other domain extension it is now on the same playing field as all the other extensions.

Before it was the worst extension on the internet.

Unfortunately now there are so many gTLDs that it may get lost in the crowd.

But I see the changes as positive, and wanted to get other people's opinions

•••
people's opinions On .TEL
me to would like to know, hard to get any opinion on the Extension its like its invisible.

•••
There may be some life left in this extension. The registrar, Telnic, has announced that from March 17th 2017, .tel will be able to be hosted like any other domain. What do you think about that?

I think it's too little, too late. You see, these registries wait until domainers give up on renewals. We let names drop, they sit unregistered, and only then does the registry do something to demonstrate that you and I hold the keys to their success. Well, they made easy money off of us for years now, so let them lay off some of the smug executives who failed to make their extension important. No, it's not OUR responsibility to make their extension important. It's up to them. Instead of renting expensive booth space at domainer conventions that specialize in separating domainers from their money, perhaps they should have made end users aware of the value and even the mere existence of their extension. That's why Godaddy surpassed all registries and registrars, because of those stupid Super Bowl ads and other media advertising to end users.

Let .TEL crash and burn. It's not our problem.

•••
•••
•••
anyone buying .tel domains?

•••
anyone buying .tel domains?
Well lets see.

Only 19 recorded sales in the last 8 years and all were under $1,800.

A couple LL 's going for $100.

Short answer here....

No

•••
•••
•••
TLDHistory1_ad399d67-cd5c-4b05-8347-d84fc3725bd7.png

Last edited:
•••
Who with me that still have hundreds .tel!!??:xf.cry:

•••
•••
I deleted MyPersonalName.tel

•••
I have plenty but not in hurry to sell them as i had been working on a platform for it, but due lack of interest from community i just kept it for my self it's going well not very well but better then one can expect noting it brings leads as funnels :)

.tel has a future the way it was structured but not as a tld since there is no demand for it unless one really needs it i own some of the best keywords there is a guy who owns 3000+ i know he is on verge to make a statement online but i guess one needs to be sure of strategy in 2018 the strategy is SEO if you focus on building something with SEO less work for the user then you are in

we will be focusing on this next year :) right now just concentrating on other projects.

good luck everyone ( anyone who has LL or NN ) in .tel you can message me :)

•••
I have plenty but not in hurry to sell them as i had been working on a platform for it, but due lack of interest from community i just kept it for my self it's going well not very well but better then one can expect noting it brings leads as funnels :)

.tel has a future the way it was structured but not as a tld since there is no demand for it unless one really needs it i own some of the best keywords there is a guy who owns 3000+ i know he is on verge to make a statement online but i guess one needs to be sure of strategy in 2018 the strategy is SEO if you focus on building something with SEO less work for the user then you are in

we will be focusing on this next year :) right now just concentrating on other projects.

good luck everyone ( anyone who has LL or NN ) in .tel you can message me :)

I'm keeping mine as well... So far don't know what to do with thousands names I have. I've dumped hundreds .vc names last year, keeping .tel as I think/hope it will be better and better.

•••
share your names in pm i might buy some to bail you out :) if i like them

•••
Who with me that still have hundreds .tel!!??:xf.cry:

Still holding around 90 of them. :xf.wink:

Cindy.tel
Ellen.tel
Jane.tel
Jesse.tel
Jorge.tel
etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back