Dynadot

discuss [QUESTION] What Kind Of Softwares/Tools Would Be Beneficial to The Domain Industry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cts

Established Member
Impact
Hello there!

Currently brainstorming a few ideas as to what kind of software(s)/tool(s) would be beneficial to most domainers, I think the easiest way to get a proper answer is to collect a few ideas from actual domainers so as to see what most of them are looking for and thus make a decision as to what would be doable, technically speaking.

So, honestly: what kind of tools/softwares would some of you want to see on the market and what would you use them for?

Let's see the kind of ideas some of you crop up with and let's see if those would doable tools we could potentially plan to launch down the road :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
CTS.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A full domain scan at one place:
- whois
- historical whois
- if for sale, listing price.
- related domains and their price /use.
- historical sales data related to your search query.
- and so forth.

Also; portfolio manager. Single place to manage your portfolio, scraping your domain data from public resources. Sending alerts on renewal, changes etc.

Maybe integrate with registrar and sales venue APIs. Kinda like domain.io but more basic.

•••
- whois
- historical whois
- and so forth.

Also; portfolio manager. Single place to manage your portfolio, scraping your domain data from public resources. Sending alerts on renewal, changes etc.

Maybe integrate with registrar and sales venue APIs. Kinda like domain.io but more basic.
Thank you for the idea!

Let's see if anyone else has other pretty interesting ideas to share here as well :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
- whois
- historical whois
- and so forth.

Some good suggestions above, do not discount them looking for add'l ones.

Re the bulk BIN WhoIS, I'd add allow at least 5k searches at a time.
Re WhoIS, allow for storing of initial search and daily updates when renewal occurs (results in 2 batches, names expiring in <X days and names expiring in >X days, basically allowing us to remove the ones that have been renewed automatically from the list). Results in a manageable list of names as they get closer to expiration and drop.

New ones:
-Bulk BIN hand registration price options (of >5k names at a time). GD has the highest at 2k today but blocks if you do too many searches ea day.
-De-duping software (to allow 2 lists of keywords to be combined and de-duped).
-tie in wayback machine into historical WhoIS searches (give one screenshot for listed names)

Last edited:
•••
DNMin.com - 50 domains free. Extra names via "Buy Me A Coffee" - One-time fee. Great service, I've been using them for years.

this is cool. although the 50 cap is limiting. Happy to donate... do you have any idea the max # of names they'll check daily?

•••
this is cool. although the 50 cap is limiting. Happy to donate... do you have any idea the max # of names they'll check daily?
I've never heard of limits as long as you keep buying coffee. As an example, $50 (10 coffees) gets you 200 more domains. You can always contact the developer and ask.

FWIW, I still used domain.io also. DNMin is more basic, as requested by @branding

Last edited:
•••
Some good suggestions above, do not discount them looking for add'l ones.

Re the bulk BIN WhoIS, I'd add allow at least 5k searches at a time.
Re WhoIS, allow for storing of initial search and daily updates when renewal occurs (results in 2 batches, names expiring in <X days and names expiring in >X days, basically allowing us to remove the ones that have been renewed automatically from the list). Results in a manageable list of names as they get closer to expiration and drop.

New ones:
-Bulk BIN hand registration price options (of >5k names at a time). GD has the highest at 2k today but blocks if you do too many searches ea day.
-De-duping software (to allow 2 lists of keywords to be combined and de-duped).
-tie in wayback machine into historical WhoIS searches (give one screenshot for listed names)

to add to my list - once a domain is monitored, I'd like a daily email when the name moves to pending delete status (when we are able to place a dropcatch/backorder request)

•••
DNMin.com - 50 domains free. Extra names via "Buy Me A Coffee" - One-time fee. Great service, I've been using them for years.
Never heard about DNmin before. Thanks for sharing. I added them to DomainersKit so that others will find them as well!

•••
Never heard about DNmin before. Thanks for sharing. I added them to DomainersKit so that others will find them as well!

Where is this domainersKit?

•••
•••
Just add .com

Cool. May want to add graen and pcdomain (both are free appraisal services). There is also NameWorth (some free, but an upgraded paid option as well)

•••

Looks right. Will give them a try try over the weekend and donate some coffee. Thanks for pointing them out!

•••
•••
Cool. May want to add graen and pcdomain (both are free appraisal services). There is also NameWorth (some free, but an upgraded paid option as well)
The tool from Graen seems to be broken since several months now - just re-checked it. I will definitely add NameWorth and pc.domain. Thanks for sharing!

•••
The tool from Graen seems to be broken since several months now - just re-checked it. I will definitely add NameWorth and pc.domain. Thanks for sharing!

There is also appraiser.ai

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back