IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Lemonade, Orange Juice, Coal, Diamonds

Interesting stuff......

How about something to look at..some one taking a commercial piece of land and developing it and competing for business

Might want to have a look about 3-4 spots above it to see who the competition is

Enjoy

memory upgrade - Google Search.png

Last edited:
•••
Like it or not:

• .pro is here to stay.
  • It's making progress, albeit slowly.
  • 0.1% of all .pro domains are in top 1mm alexa site.
  • 0.1% of .com is 1 million, so percentage wise a lower representation than .pro in the top 1mm.
  • There is decent ROI to be made.
  • Low entry barrier for investors & flippers alike.
  • And amazing keywords to be had on the cheap for developers.
Isn't it a sweeping statement ? Natural growth is such that there is almost no extension that is shrinking in numbers. But there are many ccTLDs that are experiencing healthier growth rates.
Couldn't the same be said about pretty much any extension ? what about .cc for example ?

•••
•••
You have been registered since 2007, didn't someone told you alexa rank is not accurate, yet?
Oh no! Really?!! Thanks so much for letting me know! _\|/_

You have a better system I guess to check global rankings, do share.

And since we're comparing, I've been doing business since 1987, a whole year before you were even born, so don't talk to me about 'when you registered'. :lol:

Yes. Therefore alternative extensions will become more and more unnecessary as the .COM market opens up.
In your dreams. Maybe not even there.

This is why it is urgent to quickly exit from .PRO if your main objective is that of speculative resale.
Oh, thanks, I'm going to drop all my .pros just because you think so... not.

It is those that are buying and holding tens or hundreds of .PRO domains that will be hurt the most. This pain will come in the form of the "perpetual renewal" and unwillingness to drop domains that are unsold. IMO.
I think you've confused .pro owners with .com owners, there are a 100 million .coms registered, how many make ANY revenue or are sold? Percentage wise you'll find .pro does better than .com, must really get your goat.

Must be a lot of pain in those .com renewals. A LOT more people have lost money in .com than ever will in .pro, would you like to dispute that?

Isn't it a sweeping statement ? Natural growth is such that there is almost no extension that is shrinking in numbers. But there are many ccTLDs that are experiencing healthier growth rates. Couldn't the same be said about pretty much any extension ? what about .cc for example ?
.pro is doing well is a sweeping statement? Well, no. Hate to break it to you, it's spot on.

I agree most extensions are growing, am making money on most of them :lol: must really hurt those who only got crappy .coms because it's 'king'.

I've also invested in ccTLDs that are 'experiencing healthier growth rates' and .cc isn't one of them, do let me know how that goes.

My entire domain investment isn't centred around .pro like some people for whom it's .com or bust.

People who are not happy to see .Pro domains do well always get their knickers in a twist when some good news comes out for the extension and I agree, it is getting a bit onerous to keep explaining that to the slower people in the class, given that none of these geniuses :rolleyes: have even one .pro so don't know how 'lemons' actually taste.

I don't care how much you hate the extension, I quite like it. I've turned down offers on most of my domains because they were probably from some .com lowballers who probably read your .pro is dead posts and tried to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
•••
Oh no! Really?!! Thanks so much for letting me know! _\|/_

You have a better system I guess to check global rankings, do share.

And since we're comparing, I've been doing business since 1987, a whole year before you were even born, so don't talk to me about 'when you registered'. :lol:

There isn't any, 1 min of thinking can make you understand why (I guess...)
We are talking about domaining, anyway that's too sad to know when you make such mistakes in the way you think (like "global ranking" :lol:), but c'est la vie.

P.s. good to know I'm much younger than you :laugh:

•••
I agree with Samit (mwzd) in principle, i.e. making any considerable money in .com for ordinary domainers (99% population of NP) is just a mirage. Yes, dot com is king but look at the collections of fellow domainers; most of them are garbage. The vast majority of good keywords in .com are not developed and hoarded by a few. End users don't have any option left except picking ccTLDs or alternative gTLDs.

Now the big question is if .pro meets the criteria of being a viable alternative: this is what we are debating here.

•••
.pro certainly is a viable alternative and affordable.

•••
Now the big question is if .pro meets the criteria of being a viable alternative: this is what we are debating here.
Bingo :tu:
The problem is that few end users know .pro even exists. Other extensions are facing the same problem.
.pro is not carried by the main registrars. Perhaps the registrars are not interested due to the limited demand (offering an extension involves costs) so it could be a chicken and egg situation too.

How many of you use a .pro for one your business ventures ?
I mean, not some MFA site that is on autopilot.
Domainers like to pimp their investments but are not often seen taking their own medicine.

•••
I did hear a radio ad for the first time using a two word .pro domain. Wish I remembered the domain, but it was a two-worder and a pro. All it takes is a spark. This was on WGN radio in Chicago a 50,000 watt powerhouse.

Last edited:
•••
I've turned down offers on most of my domains because they were probably from some .com lowballers who probably read your .pro is dead posts and tried to take advantage of it.

With all due respect this statement makes you seem a little delusional. I don't think your lowball offers can logically be blamed on someones posts in this forum. Most likely it's because your domains are not worth as much as you have estimated. IMHO

•••
To get lemonade you have to add sugar, with orange juice you just squeeze and drink.

If you get Orange Juice from Brazil it dissolves your testicles. (that's true)

One thing I've learned in my time at NP is that it's best to just do what you do and not pay attention solely to one sided arguments (you get distracted).

.TV .ME always get brought up as TLD that suck. I know plenty that have made money on .TV.

In fact Microguy had a sale offering $10 to TAKE xray.tv from him because it was such a bad investment. Recently sold for $750. He has been known to misjudge the market. Maybe that wasn't enough ROI to keep him interested.

http://www.namepros.com/tv-marketplace/660251-10-00-start-xray-tv-dont.html

That has nothing to do with .PRO but is an indicator of how well everyone thinks they know everything.

I think you'll find it's better to not bother responding to naysayers. Your arguments are nonsense (global ranking, afilias will do something.. etc etc) and so are the counterpoints (.pro is stupid). I wouldn't ignore Kate/Brad/Samit (i.e. both the yay and nay) et al. They do have a lot of valuable insight - but it's just insight. It's not law and it's not always right.

You may as well be arguing about when pregnancy starts... in Arizona. :hearts:

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

P.S. I am an idiot for posting here.

My question that I forgot. Anyone know what is going to happen to the failed .pro auction names? There's one I'd like but my bid last time around didn't meet reserve =) But I'm still interested (for totally stupid reasons - like I don't have enough stupid reason names)

Last edited:
•••
default user..I think they take some of the same names that didn't get sold and roll them into the next auction. It will most likely show up in one of the future auctions.

•••
•••
How many of you use a .pro for one your business ventures ?
I mean, not some MFA site that is on autopilot.
Domainers like to pimp their investments but are not often seen taking their own medicine.
I think a lot of us do:
www.total.pro
www.minisites.pro
www.facts.pro
www.solutions.pro
And these are only those that belong to people who've posted in this thread.

With all due respect this statement makes you seem a little delusional. I don't think your lowball offers can logically be blamed on someones posts in this forum. Most likely it's because your domains are not worth as much as you have estimated. IMHO
You know, you might just be right, I might expect too much for the quality of domains I have in this extension, but then the sellers of meet.me only got $450,000 for it after they turned down $400,000.

When the downside is practically non-existent, a good sale can put your entire investment in the black for a long time, at least imho.

If you get Orange Juice from Brazil it dissolves your testicles. (that's true)
:lol: Thanks, I guess, for sharing that.

I know plenty that have made money on .TV
And a LOT of money, lol.

In fact Microguy had a sale offering $10 to TAKE xray.tv from him because it was such a bad investment. Recently sold for $750. He has been known to misjudge the market. Maybe that wasn't enough ROI to keep him interested.

http://www.namepros.com/tv-marketplace/660251-10-00-start-xray-tv-dont.html
All hail the messiah, the all seeing eye. Actually MicroGuy is a billionaire registrar so doesn't care about a few k here and there that most of us need.

P.S. I am an idiot for posting here.
MG's right, we all are, so you belong. :p

Added a list of top 1k .pro websites by alexa (sorry erandi) in txt format, in case someone is interested.

Attachments

• 1k pro.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 32
•••
Are we still flogging that dead horse? :zzz:

Like it or not:

• 0.1% of all .pro domains are in top 1mm alexa site.
  • 0.1% of .com is 1 million, so percentage wise a lower representation than .pro in the top 1mm.

Do you realize how colossally stupid that metric is? LOL, no, you don't or else you wouldn't have proudly posted it.

Here's a protip: Ever heard the old saying about comparing 'apples to oranges'? Well, there's a reason that saying exists. Your methodology directly subsidizes fallacy but this is namepros so it's not like taking time to break it down will find a capable audience.

Oops! I've typed five sentences, which should probably be good for at least seventeen parsed down replies from you. My bad.

•••
Wb Fonz, nice to have you back.

Where is the fallacy in the statement?

Maybe 20 replies, now that you're here too, sure turning into a naysayer fest, but who's counting.

•••
@mwzd

Let them post mate, i like to see how people with no intention or interest in this extension want to show their knowledge and stop us sinners from making mistakes. They still don't get it that we don't get it, if you get it.

Defaultuser's post was really funny. It remembered me of the beginning of the movie Hulk :) when he drops a bit of its 'greeny' blood into a bottle of juice.

BTW, my rings dot pro is brokered now with nameconnect for high 4 figures-low 5 figures, we'll keep you updated. Let's see if i sell it for higher than 110$ which i payed for it.

•••
Good luck with Rings dot pro! I own ring dot pro!

Someone mention about what does .pro lack, only thing its lacking is good freaking marketing to the end users, to major registrars. Many people just don't know about it... that's like 70% of the problem with the extension.

Last edited:
•••
I am the proud owner of diamondbroker.pro need it to jump on the wagon and get something. I believe if .pro had the same marketing effort like .co or .xxx, .pro would definitely will have a bigger bang. I actually submit the licensing information. :D

•••
Added a list of top 1k .pro websites by alexa (sorry erandi) in txt format, in case someone is interested.

Thanks a lot for the top 1k .pro websites list.
it's a very good information.

I've add the link for those 'domain names'
if anybody like to check the website, you may find the webpage (with links) at Here

Last edited:
•••
@mwzd

Let them post mate, i like to see how people with no intention or interest in this extension want to show their knowledge and stop us sinners from making mistakes. They still don't get it that we don't get it, if you get it.

Don't lump me into that group.
I couldn't care less how other people spend their money. If you're on the "buy and hope" domainer failboat, .pro is steerage.

If you're making money with .pro, fine. I bet its not nearly as much as others are making with .com, but a profit's a profit and that's all that matters.

What I'm chuckling at is the stupid narrative that compares the efficacy of .pro in terms of its marketing gravitas on the basis of one tenth of one percent of .pro's are in Alexa 1mm relative to how .1% of .com represents itself in that same measure.

It's like saying that the window boxes and rooftop gardens in the 0.2 square miles that make up the entirety of the Vatican City proportionally represents relevant agriculture space greater than the 3,790,000.00 square miles comprising all 50 US States.

It's just stupid when you try to cobble up a statistical commonality between two utterly different things.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I believe if .pro had the same marketing effort like .co or .xxx, .pro would definitely will have a bigger bang.

And what did all that marketing do for those extensions????

Well the answer is....Nothing for us, everything for ICANN.

The .pro falls right into mix, just as planned.

•••
I'll catch it and sell it for profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back