Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wouldn't that be something like 1plus?

•••
simonj said:
BlindChealseaSupporters.com

That's hardly a niche :p ...it's the norm....

•••
I am still waiting for URL forwarding!

•••
Playing the devil's advocate here...

If the same guy clicks on 5 different advertisers ads, all for similar products, chances are he's only buying one of those products. The other four advertisers are losing money.
I for one tend to do a lot of research before buying things. I WILL click on a LOT of ads and figure out the pros and cons of a given product, supplier, or price package before making a purchase. Plus I will probably spend several days checking things out before pulling up a site directly and making my purchase. As long as each advertiser is offering me a product or service that can actually fulfill my needs, they will each have a shot at earning my business. And how am I going to find this out unless I click on their ad to learn more about their product or service?

So why shouldn't a site that brings these advertisers to my attention not make money from each of those clicks that steer me to them?
Advertisers can't continue to pay me if they're not making money.
Then this raise the question, "Are we talking about an advertising program that is a Pay Per Click revenue model, or are we now only concerned about the final result of a click - whether or not a sale is made immediately? If we are going to base it on whether a purchase is made, then we are now talking about a Pay Per Action revenue model. In this case my sites better be making a LOT more than pocket change per click since the net result is an actual sale...

Overall, this is not an issue that Matt has much say or control over, his hands will always be tied by the "rules" that his upstream provider sets for participation in their ad feed program. He (and all the other parking programs) can only do what they say he can do if he is to continue with them.

I believe he is doing the best that he can do with what is being thrown his way from both the domainer and the feed provider... Go, Matt, Go!

Last edited:
•••
Does Bodis take adult sites? Which ad feed are they using? Anyone know?

•••
Do we still need to input a "Keyword" for the "Auto" landers??

•••
How long has it taken others to get their verification email? From the status message it seems to indicate it's automated, but it's been awhile. I don't want to resubmit, but I'd like to get things started :)

•••
TestCase said:
So why shouldn't a site that brings these advertisers to my attention not make money from each of those clicks that steer me to them?

I can see your point of veiw. I imagine if you were about to make a deal with the devil, the deal would sound mighty sweet. Still you must have a gut feeling it just isn't right. Your argument seems to feel that way. I can't exactly see the flaw in it but I just know it aint right...

I suspect the probability of click fraud goes way up if multiple clicks from the same person are allowed. I'm sure the inherant value of a click would go down in this case. Advertisers expect traffic that is targeted. If someone types in the name of one of my domains I do my very best to put the perfect ad for that person in front of them. If the same guy has to fumble through five different ads hoping to stumble on the right one it seems I've dropped the ball at my end.

I guess it boils down to what level of targeting we want to offer advertisers. Do we offer them a possible lead for .10 or do we offer them a probable sale for .75? In my mind I envision bodis wants to be the kind of parking service that provides the latter, and sedo the former.

•••
PLEASE create a "Generic" or "Search" template for all those domains that are showing: "Domain requires a keyword to function." so not to lose precious traffic before we get to setting the proper keyword.

Thanks!

OR...at least for now allow us to Edit Domain Keywords IN BULK.

Last edited:
•••
TestCase said:
I for one tend to do a lot of research before buying things. I WILL click on a LOT of ads and figure out the pros and cons of a given product, supplier, or price package before making a purchase.

exactly, the whole point of advertising is to get you product "out there",...
thats why its "advertising" rather than "direct marketing", not paying for multiple clicks is like saying a customer can't browse in your shop, they just have to go straight to the right product and buy it.

This is just another ploy designed by the feed providers to screw domainers out of legitimate clicks imo.

•••
I want to know which countries are classified as "Bad Countries"?
Is India one of them, if yes, will the domains containing .in and .co.in extensions suffer at Bodis.com?

•••
i got accepted the next day. pretty quick

•••
there should be no reason why we shouldn't get paid for how many ever clicks a user makes.

I understand how repeatedly clicking the same one link on a parking page per visit would raise eyebrows....but clicking four, seven or 10 different links on the same page shouldn't be an issue.

One of the most desirable features in a Parking System is multiple click payment. If someone lands on a good parking page and is interested enough in the links to click on several, payment should be given for all the clicks; surfers who click on multiple links to find what they want aren’t guilty of click fraud; they just want to find what they’re looking for. The sponsors don't know or care if other links on the page have been clicked...they want theirs to be clicked...they are paying for that possibility.

On the other hand, limiting the payout for more than two clicks on the same link on the same visit would seem prudent. So instead of limiting any page to two clicks total, limit it to two clicks per link per page.
We are working on lowering revenue for poor quality domains and continually removing all scammers from the program.
Hmmm....quite a subjective strategy; any "lowering" of revenue means it's not a 100% payout for a click as advertised by bodis and accepted by customers. I had hoped bodis was a place I could finally consolidate all of my domains (good, so-so and poor) instead of having them all over the place. I have many domains that don't get daily clicks, but when they do, they are in dollars, not cents....so one click per month on those make as much as some domains with daily hits. So which is the poor performer, high ppc with few clicks or many clicks and poor ppc...or both? The minute a domain is determined to be "poor," most likely all it will do is hurt domainers...what does it matter to bodis if a name doesn't make a bunch of money? Server space can't be the issue, so why limit any domain a chance to benefit from a very good parking service like bodis? Or is this a provider mandate?

As for scammers, it would also be good to see guidelines for this term. For example, (without a preview option when configuring domains) is it a scam to type in a freshly designed domain to see if it looks okay? Or is it just a matter of fraud by clicking on your own domains? Big difference.

Bodis began with the right idea and the best of intentions…I’d hate to see such a revolutionary idea become just another sheep in the flock. Do the best you can, Matt.

•••
I would have to agree with this. If there is premium traffic esp from countries like US, Europe then any number of clicks shouldn't be an obstacle.

If these are real clicks, there should be no reason why we shouldn't get paid for how many ever clicks a user makes.

I have forex domains which used to make $ 2-3 per click[min] and dui names which had $ 1.5 per click[min] on Sedo, but on Bodis, the max I got was 0.65 and 0.88 cents for stats as on Aug 2, which is really very low. I reckon PPC rates should be increased, atleast if multiple clicks will not be counted in the future. I am unsure whether Sedo pays 100 % rev but their PPC rates are really good, and they dont count multiple clicks as far as I know.

We are working on lowering revenue for poor quality domains

Does this refer to the domain TLD or the keywords? Could you cite some examples of poor quality domains? :)

Last edited:
•••
[*] We are working on new templates to drastically improve CTR.

This will be great.

[*] We are working on fixing the issue where there are no sponsored listings shown, which once again will improve clicks for many domains.

This will also be great, specially for large portfolio owners. Have worked out a list of 'generic' keywords, but it doesn't always work.

[*] We are working on lowering revenue for poor quality domains and continually removing all scammers from the program. Our tools our improving and the CPC with our ad providers will continue to grow as we progress.

Scammers are scum, plain and simple. Better to weed them out fast, so that genuine parties don't get sc**wed. I have a slightly less than 1% CTR average on all my domains, but the CPC is very nice, so it works...

I don't think any parking provider pays for multiple clicks, I think most upstream providers would be hard pressed to justify this to their advertisers. I mean, if parked pages got multiple clicks while developed pages got single or two at most, I'd park most of my developed sites!!!

[*] We are introducing referer data and click data. This will help domain owners manually optimize their domains based on what users clicked and where they came from. This helps domain owners also realize what the visitors are looking for.

Stats will be so helpful. If you can target your audience with the correct keywords, CTR would really jump.

[*] A search data report will be available as well. If you have domains that you are unfamiliar what the visitors are looking for, you will see the major searches by %, for each day. This will help you optimize domains, manually.

Yowzer, too cool.

[*] A geographical data report will be also introduced. This will show you the visitors % from each country.

What more can we ask for...

[*] We are also working on optimizing the links on the auto page based on what users click. This should give a small boost to the CTR.

With all that you're doing Matt, I think it's awesome. And I would hate to have your upstream provider create hassles, as no one else is giving me a 100% revenue share.

And for those that claim that CTR and CPC was higher with ANY other provider, that might be true for that particular domain. But look at the entire portfolio revenue and you'll realise what Bodis is doing for us.

•••
Edit: why isnt it 1 click per link per site advertiser ?

isnt each link displayed on the parking page to different site advertiser ?

say theres 10 links to 10 different site advertisers, if you make it
so you only can click one per link per site advertiser, then you could
earn up to 10 clicks. But if it was a 4/5 clicks per ip visitor rule, i guess
that wouldnt be so bad but 1/2 clicks dont sound to good.

if you change your software so each link can only be clicked once
and then deactivates for 24 hours per ip, then it could cut down more fraud.

you have a system where it logs ips to clicks im sure you be able
to find out which clicks is fraud and which are not.

im new to parking so ill shut up.

Last edited:
•••
Verbsters post Hits The Nail On The Head.

Well put.

•••
mwzd said:
I don't think any parking provider pays for multiple clicks, I think most upstream providers would be hard pressed to justify this to their advertisers.

rubbish :)

•••
My stats have not been updated since Aug 2. Has your account been updated for Aug 3?

•••
sf2010 said:
My stats have not been updated since Aug 2. Has your account been updated for Aug 3?

They usually update around noon or so.

Andrea

•••
VirtualT said:

Could you please qualify this?

Maybe we will learn something from it.

Thx

verbster said:
As for scammers, it would also be good to see guidelines for this term. For example, (without a preview option when configuring domains) is it a scam to type in a freshly designed domain to see if it looks okay? Or is it just a matter of fraud by clicking on your own domains? Big difference.

Quite a well written and logical post. Thanks.

As for definition, I can't see why anyone would have a problem with you seeing a domain or even ads for that matter.

Clicking ads yourself (on your domains) would be scamming, imho.

•••
PLEASE enable true "Automatic" landers...I'm losing A LOT of traffic on domains I want to test but don't have time to update keywords for all!

•••
mwzd said:
I don't think any parking provider pays for multiple clicks, I think most upstream providers would be hard pressed to justify this to their advertisers. I mean, if parked pages got multiple clicks while developed pages got single or two at most, I'd park most of my developed sites!!!

There are reliable parking providers with the multiple clicks feature and works ok so far

•••
Most of portfolio is parked at Bodis. So far the results have been encouraging (not overwhelming).

I have been clicking on my Bodis names though as I am curious on what types of links match up with my keywords. Some are good fits but many are not. Are these "clicks" showing up in my "reports"?

Scamming is not my intention, rather...curiousity.

ST

•••
Coastalguy said:
Most of portfolio is parked at Bodis. So far the results have been encouraging (not overwhelming).

I have been clicking on my Bodis names though as I am curious on what types of links match up with my keywords. Some are good fits but many are not. Are these "clicks" showing up in my "reports"?

Scamming is not my intention, rather...curiousity.

ST

it shouldn't be a problem, as long as you don't click on any of the second page "Sponsored Links"

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back