Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cfguru360 said:
Our ad providers are also complaining about multiple clicks. It does look like we may have to make it 1-2 clicks per unique visitor the most we can report. So once again, these 1000% ctr stats are real, but will not last for long. Unfortunately - we will have to follow the steps of other parking programs. We have to keep our ad providers happy in order to roll out better things in the near future. ;)
This is not good for us! Another Lose to the Domainer. If these are real clicks, there should be no reason why we shouldn't get paid for how many ever clicks a user makes. If one of our domains sent them there and they are searching and buying, the domain owner should get paid properly!

This could be a Huge Blow to Bodis and the earning will drop big time!
1-2 clicks you get paid for, then any other's, Zip, nada, nothing! :'(

•••
I got my first Bodis clicks today for an average of .27/click. (from 3 clicks)

Doesn't sound great, but until yesterday these domains were parked elsewhere and revenue was ZERO.

•••
maybe the providers should pay more per click if we dont get paid more than two clicks :)

•••
It is true, we will try our best to keep revenue still up. Here are a few things we are working on to improve revenue for the average domain owner:

• We are working on new templates to drastically improve CTR.
  • We are working on fixing the issue where there are no sponsored listings shown, which once again will improve clicks for many domains.
  • We are working on lowering revenue for poor quality domains and continually removing all scammers from the program. Our tools our improving and the CPC with our ad providers will continue to grow as we progress.
  • We are introducing referer data and click data. This will help domain owners manually optimize their domains based on what users clicked and where they came from. This helps domain owners also realize what the visitors are looking for.
  • A search data report will be available as well. If you have domains that you are unfamiliar what the visitors are looking for, you will see the major searches by %, for each day. This will help you optimize domains, manually.
  • A geographical data report will be also introduced. This will show you the visitors % from each country.
  • We are also working on optimizing the links on the auto page based on what users click. This should give a small boost to the CTR.

Any other suggestions for improving revenue and CTR are welcome. Please send it to [email protected] B-)

•••
cfguru360 said:
Yes, these are all real.

Our ad providers are also complaining about multiple clicks. It does look like we may have to make it 1-2 clicks per unique visitor the most we can report. So once again, these 1000% ctr stats are real, but will not last for long. Unfortunately - we will have to follow the steps of other parking programs. We have to keep our ad providers happy in order to roll out better things in the near future. ;)

This is not sound very good to me :'( :'( :'(

•••
Yofie said:
This is not good for us! Another Lose to the Domainer. If these are real clicks, there should be no reason why we shouldn't get paid for how many ever clicks a user makes. If one of our domains sent them there and they are searching and buying, the domain owner should get paid properly!

I'm sure if Bodis could, they would pay us for all clicks as they have been so far. These things are up to the feed providers, and something we all (unfortunately) have to live with. That being said, so long as we're being paid a 100% rev share I'm not going to complain. 1 click here at bodis seems to be about the equivilant of at least 5 or so at other parking providers (from what I've seen).

•••
cfguru360 said:
Yes, these are all real.

Our next step is to block off all the bad countries that are not covered by our PPC providers. Hopefully that will reduce the visitors count - I am guessing that is where all this traffic is coming for some domains.

That is the right step Matt. Esp with an ask feed. I would love to see Bodis do well, and wanted to mention this quite a while back but didn't wanna spoil the fun. The multiple clicks could be a big problem later. Plus, getting thousands of visits and clicks from bad zones etc, is another grey area.

•••
cfguru360 said:
It is true, we will try our best to keep revenue still up. Here are a few things we are working on to improve revenue for the average domain owner:

• We are working on fixing the issue where there are no sponsored listings shown, which once again will improve clicks for many domains.
  • We are working on lowering revenue for poor quality domains and continually removing all scammers from the program. Our tools our improving and the CPC with our ad providers will continue to grow as we progress.
  • We are introducing referer data and click data. This will help domain owners manually optimize their domains based on what users clicked and where they came from. This helps domain owners also realize what the visitors are looking for.
  • A search data report will be available as well. If you have domains that you are unfamiliar what the visitors are looking for, you will see the major searches by %, for each day. This will help you optimize domains, manually.
  • A geographical data report will be also introduced. This will show you the visitors % from each country.
  • We are also working on optimizing the links on the auto page based on what users click. This should give a small boost to the CTR.

Any other suggestions for improving revenue and CTR are welcome. Please send it to [email protected] B-)

Great update and thank you for providing a great service. I think it is important that you continue to improve the service as you have been doing and to make sure that you are addressing the issues that are of concern to the advertisers and providers. Thanks again and I appreciate your efforts.

•••
airwav said:
Just to clairfy, of the 23 I had two that really preformed, so not all got hits. But I have had these domains @ NameDrive, SedoPro, Parked.com and this is definitively the best they have ever preformed. :$:

I just moved another 300 from Sedo, now to set them up... :td:
Needs a little more pics and automation...;)
BUT, I am not complaining :)
Well...knew it was too good to be true..;)

Made a total of 6.38, but only configured 25 domains.

•••
cfguru360 said:
Yes, these are all real.

I implemented an ip test for these domains that get large amount of visitors. And once again, still seeing different ip addresses. Therefore, the people that are complaining that receive 5000 visitors - you are really receiving 5000 different visitors.

The question is why and where.

Our next step is to block off all the bad countries that are not covered by our PPC providers. Hopefully that will reduce the visitors count - I am guessing that is where all this traffic is coming for some domains.

Reported stats were too good to be true and now bodis will become just another parking program.

•••
Oh well...back to mini sites I go!

•••
Bodis' main intent was to provide a 100% revenue payout for current members and customizable layouts. I think they have lived up to that promise. The CPC is definitely good.

However, as every domain parking service provider they too have to keep in line with their feed providers and thats exactly what they are doing. After all, the initial payout is from the feed provider. Bodis is a good program with a good seed idea of helping domaineers keep their actual payouts. We should sincerely support Matt for doing a wonderful job and not bother about some new guidelines or changes. He is doing it to make sure that his feed providers pay him and he gets to pay us.

•••
I am still doing better at bodis, after the stats issues get worked out i suspect i will do better it is rare on a few domains i own to get no clicks so wether its me who keeps jumping back in forth from auto to custom, or adds being served up, or just a reporting problem I will wait till bugs are worked out, like I said before i am still doing better than other parking companies and have noticed an increase in traffic

•••
gooster said:
Oh well...back to mini sites I go!

Its a great program no doubt and badly needed by some... Has it lived up to expectations .. have they delivered what they said .. then YES !... but alot of truth in that statement ... back to mini sites ??

Dev or park ? that old adage ...and it seems for me that ...dev wins hands down

You have the control , you can set up a stats package you can see the traffic you can optimise for it .. you can FULLY control the site .. add affilate links etc ....

parking however good the service .. my view .. the stats are just too .. unquantifiable ...

Dev , has to be the way ..

discuss..

scooby

Last edited:
•••
I hate to veer off the main topic of this thread. Developing 1-7 sites is a good idea. They will hold good for a long time with better results. But with most domaineers having hundreds, if not thousands of domains, its a tough task to develop them. And most domaineers have a short term buy-sell window, they need to get quick revenue stats posted on their domains for 1-3 months before they can sell it for a profit. I know they do retain the high performing ones for a longer period, but those top domains, form only a tenth of their domain portfolio or even lesser.

•••
Glad to hear you're working hard! :)

cfguru360 said:

Hi there Matt The Man

Another few issues:
1. The stats don't include zero visitor domains - these are important to us performance freaks
2. The sorting by name etc. doesn't work over multiple pages - I have the same name on page 2 of 4, page 3 of 4 etc.
3. Can you not have the option to display All domains at once on the stats pages (like in the domain management option)
4. The delete domains does delete the domain/s, but afterwards it pops up a Coldfusion error message: division by zero

Otherwise it's going great guns - viva Bodis

NoRest

•••
I'm new to parking so I can't compare thsi service to that service but fellas all Matt s trying to do is make a good site for us. he also has to appease the advertisers or there is no site. let's not complain in this thread as Matt is working his &** off for us here .sure we can all agree on that.

•••
Yofie said:

Agreed, i'd hate to see this restriction implemented as it would surely demolish earnings for some quality keyworded domains (including some of mine). Then again, i do see why there's a need for it to be put in place...i just hope it doesn't kill my earnings from Bodis.

Last edited:
•••
cfguru360 said:
[*] We are working on lowering revenue for poor quality domains and continually removing all scammers from the program. Our tools our improving and the CPC with our ad providers will continue to grow as we progress.
This makes me feel a little afraid. I wonder which domains are considered as poor quality domains? Domain that receive very little traffic? Or domains that are not premium (e.g. domains with hyphens or numbers, too long domains, not generic, etc)?

And if you're going to lower revenue for poor quality domains, this means you're not going to pay 100% revenue to the owners of these domains, are you?

Last edited:
•••
and5rey said:
This makes me feel a little afraid. I wonder which domains are considered as poor quality domains? Domain that receive very little traffic? Or domains that are not premium (e.g. domains with hyphens or numbers, too long domains, not generic, etc)?

And if you're going to lower revenue for poor quality domains, this means you're not going to pay 100% revenue to the owners of these domains, are you?

Good question i would like to hear the answer for that one ?

•••
One thing I always wanted to know is if Bodis.com is 100% revenue share and that good, why don't you park your own domains at your Bodis.com service?

•••
Premium said:
One thing I always wanted to know is if Bodis.com is 100% revenue share and that good, why don't you park your own domains at your Bodis.com service?

:-/

•••
I have tried Bodis for a couple of days now,

and I can say the 100% revenue share is SUPERB. Thanks Matt for such a wonderful program. Definitely one of the best parking programs today.

I am happy with the current system, Its so easy and simple to use. Its so easy to navigate. Because its easy to use, The system loads very very fast. And thats what I love about this Bodis, cause its so so fast !!!!

So, I hope Bodis remains this way all the time. :xf.love:

•••
Only getting paid for one or two clicks per visitor seems like a pretty good thing to me. You have to realize the entire business model and not just look at how much you receive. Its not in my best interest to do business with people who are losing money. If the same guy clicks on 5 different advertisers ads, all for similar products, chances are he's only buying one of those products. The other four advertisers are losing money. Advertisers can't continue to pay me if they're not making money. Getting paid on only one or two clicks adds value to the clicks themselves. In the end it will all even out as advertisers will pay more for truly targeted advertising.

I would suggest that the clicks that actually get reported and paid on should be the last click made, and perhaps the higest $ click. It is most likely that the last click the visitor made is to the site he decided to buy from. Thats fair to the advertiser. The highest $ click keeps things somewhat fair to us as well. I can see this from the other viewpoint. Tv commercials cost the same regardless of whether people buy the products. Still it is in everyones best interest to get visitors to spend.

I think decreasing click pay from low value traffic is a bad idea. It would be better to weed out and remove domains completely that are producing low value traffic. There are plenty of other parking programs and nothing to stop domainers from using bodis for the wheat and another program for the chaff. I do forsee bodis taking a hit in reputation if you decide to start playing with the numbers...

Some of my suggestions on improving ctr and stats:
As the custom layout appears now, there are up to 15 phrases containg a keword. Each of those pharases is a link to a page full of ads related to that link. I would like to see those links move up or down the list (and the resulting parking page) as a result of how often each phrase is clicked. For example, if I had download music get clicked 15% of the time download mp3 get clicked 25% and just mp3 gets clicked 60% the list should appear on the page starting with mp3, then download mp3, then finally download music. Even if this didn't auto optimize, knowing which link got clicked the most would allow me to manually reorder the list.

I would also like to be able to change the text on the buttons without changing the kewords themselves. In other words If one of my links is the keyword download full mp3 albums, I'd like to be able to leave that keyword set, but have the button say Albums. The reason for this is that looking at my page about 12 of my 15 links say pretty much the exact same thing in different ways. How is a visitor supposed to decide between download mp3 and download music? Its more likey they may get confused and leave without clicking either. Possibly they will click one and go back to click the other. I prefer people not realize that under every button there is only ads.

If you're going to make it so a full page of ads is generated when a blank ad page appears, I would suggest making those ads distinguishable from the truly keyword relevent ads. Example: I put in mp333 for my keyword, no ads found, full page of ads appear. I need to know that the ads that show were not from my keyword. This one is obvious, but on harder to optimize names it could get confusing. Perhaps you can impliment a checkbox to turn off the auto ad generation feature.

Lastly there is a bit of text under the domain name that needs to be customizeable. The name I am testing bodis with is vietnamese. It looks a bit off to have all vietnamese keywords, A paragraph of vietnamese text, a related picture... and then right in the banner a bold english sentance.

A suggestion as to priority of your projects: I reccomend you keep domain forewarding at the top. Fixing the C class nameservers for european domains is good, but most of us can easly work around the need for that as long as we have a url to foreward to.

I'm sure I'll think of more ideas, but this post is getting quite long... I am sure I speak for most members here when I say, Let us know if there is something we can help contribute to bodis. As I said before its not in my best interest to do business with people who are losing money. I want bodis to be a success. It can in turn be of help to me.

•••
scooby47 said:
Its a great program no doubt and badly needed by some... Has it lived up to expectations .. have they delivered what they said .. then YES !... but alot of truth in that statement ... back to mini sites ??

Dev or park ? that old adage ...and it seems for me that ...dev wins hands down

You have the control , you can set up a stats package you can see the traffic you can optimise for it .. you can FULLY control the site .. add affilate links etc ....

parking however good the service .. my view .. the stats are just too .. unquantifiable ...

Dev , has to be the way ..

discuss..

scooby

Why not have a system that does both? For Bodis what I think would be really great is if we could have a simple blog or forum on the main page (below Welcome to our Website!) . This would blur the lines between parked domain and mini-site, and could keep visitors returning if it is a very niche topic (such as BlindChealseaSupporters.com?). I think content is the key.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back