Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
9/30 even worse!

90%+ decrease

•••
Bodis is much better than sedo. Im making double what I made at sedo.

•••
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 52 (40 members and 12 guests)

•••
Hmm... well sunday was a little better than saturday for me, but def lower than normal.

•••
notlikeyou said:
Great point, I think that's what the majority are missing in this equation. Keep up the good work Matt.
I think the problem is that this is about money. With most beta software, all you are out is some time/productivity during testing. But with a financially driven system, money matters. It's why the financial institutions are pretty anal about testing their software.

Here, droves of "less sophisticated" people (quotes, but face it, would you risk your livelyhood on a "beta" anything??) seem to feel that something listed as beta means you should put 1000 high paying domains on it that represent 100% of your monthly income. I'm sorry but you need to rethink your financial savvy. If instead you consider this something like gambling. I.e., put in some domains, then if they pay off big great, otherwise your losses are manageable. Instead, people (like gamblers) see the big win potential and get greedy.

Matt needs to be careful here. The lack of disclaimers with regard to monitary losses (for example, lost income due to downtime) needs to be rethought to avoid issues. A more clear description on when clicks count and when they don't, which ones pay more (quality), and other finaincial limitations needs to be quantified. Otherwise he opens himself up to auditable issues in court. This latest change on requiring tax information is surprising only in that the information isn't requested either up front or upon nearing the $600 mark. If he's just now identifying the need for this information, it concerns me due to the lack of his business planning. Consider the impact to us if Matt isn't keeping up on his quarterly income tax payments and he gets nailed next April 15th! What other necessary financial work isn't being done. This isn't a direct reflection on Matt's character, but sadly a major hurdle many new small business owners encounter as they are swamed with a ton of new regulations. Everything from tax payments to unemployment insurance for hired workers!

Before people think I'm critisizing Matt, don't. I'm not. But people need to think of this as a Beta version (or Alpha if that works beter for you) where you put in some domains for testing. Like gambling, don't put in more than you can afford to lose!

•••
NickRac said:
9/30 even worse!

90%+ decrease
same for me.
number of Visitors are the same, but ctr dropped, overall 5-10 times less revenue

~MG

•••
I saw above average earning on both the 29th and 30th reports. So maybe its just your sites and not Bodis.

•••
Wow. Usually make $3-5 a day . 76 cents total both days. Not complaining , I under stand its Beta but just reporting.

•••
For people who are reporting decreased earnings (and clicks), it might be handy to make a graph with normalized clicks per day (i.e., calculate the average number of clicks per day, then plot each day clicks/avg_clicks. That way won't show any "secret" information on your domains, but could quantify your performance for August and September. Then post the graphs here as an attached image.

Doing this would allow people to see not only any decline/increase, but also to see the relative "noise" in the measurements!

•••
gof said:
For people who are reporting decreased earnings (and clicks), it might be handy to make a graph with normalized clicks per day (i.e., calculate the average number of clicks per day, then plot each day clicks/avg_clicks. That way won't show any "secret" information on your domains, but could quantify your performance for August and September. Then post the graphs here as an attached image.

Doing this would allow people to see not only any decline/increase, but also to see the relative "noise" in the measurements!

Nice suggestion. I ran a few daily reports and am happy to report (sorry no graph) that traffic and revenue have been steady over the past 30 days except for one major blip on 09/29.

•••
Most of my client ecommerce sites were way down in orders over the weekend too - one site which normally gets 20-30 orders per day didn't get a single order on Saturday. I think everyone was off watching football.

•••
Visitors increased again (my best day so far) and 4 clicks for the 30th. Obviously it's peanuts for a lot of peaple but a considerable improvement for me. Although I've custimized all my domains with pictures and diferent colour schemes I still need to customize the content text of at least 80% of my domains, which for me is quite time consuming, but should bring positive results.

I'm very happy with Bodis and even with all its bugs it still beats the others and I believe that this opinion is shared by most domainers who joined Bodis.

Just imagine in 2-3 months time when things will probably be more stable. Revenue should improve even more by Xmas time. By then we'll be calling Matt by "Santa Claus".

GIL

•••
I had moved all my domains off from late 9/29 and all day yesterday, but as a show of support I am moving the majority (400 or so) back to Bodis as of today. Lets hope these items get fixed.
The problem is there really is no definition of "these items" and that is my largest concern right now.....

•••
Revenue is down for me aswell with 30/09 being better than 29/09. One name i recently added, a banking typo, has really good RPC for 30/09 ($0.76 p/c) but the rest are miles down

September 30, 2007 133 6 5% $4.60

Not complaining, apart from trying to get a .com.pe that is making $xx a day at sedo but i cant seem to add it on bodis aaaah!

•••
Um... I had 0 clicks and $0 in revenue on the 29th (which is quite wrong, lol)... I don't know where else to report this to get a response, so please don't say 'hey john, he's got his plate full, quit whining". cheers,

-j

p.s. Now that i look at it, looks like $0 and 0 clicks for sept 30th as well. I think my account got bypassed when the reporting came in. thanks.

•••
:td:
Something has to be wrong with the reporting for 29/30. I had one click and it did not even registar a visitor...

Clicks way down for both days.

•••
•••
I'm sad to hear that everyone's revenue is going down. This has been happening to me some time now and I have been trying to get the attention of Bodis to take a look into this matter.

Hopefully with more and more people experiencing this alarming result we will be able to get more attention.

Matt, whatever it is you are doing to the system, you have to realize that it is affecting detrimentally the revenues of your clients. Keep also in mind that the only selling point that Bodis has right now, is that domainers can generate more revenue with you then they can with other parking companies. That is probably the only reason why people are sticking to Bodis. If for some reason that should change, you will see a mass exodus from Bodis like you can not imagine.

I say the above because I do feel that it - the reduction in revenue - is something that you have to deal with or at least let us know that you are dealing with it.

- Bob

•••
Japanese traffic is now banned from the parking program.

•••
airwav said:
Something has to be wrong with the reporting for 29/30. I had one click and it did not even registar a visitor...

Mine's the same...Visitors way down and only 2 clicks for 29/30!!!

•••
airwav said:

29/30 i have + 30 % in my revenue :$: (airline traffic)

•••
cfguru360 said:
Japanese traffic is now banned from the parking program.

can you organise some sort of redirection service for traffic that bodis wont monetise, ie we can specify an url that traffic is put to if bodis doesnt count it

parked does this already

•••
Google Analytics

airwav said:
I second that :)
It will also let us know where the traffic is coming from and help optimize keywords :gl:
I third that! :tu: (adding the ability to allow us to add our own Google analytics code to lander page).

•••
gorilla_bob said:
I'm sad to hear that everyone's revenue is going down.

the reduction in revenue - is something that you have to deal with or at least let us know that you are dealing with it.

Reduced from the previously high levels that you got used to at Bodis

or in comparison to any other program you used?

That imo is the pertinent question.

•••
all in all, September is a bad month for me compared to August.

Lets all hope in October will be a great perfect month .

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back