NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually he was the one who I reached out to when Epik Escrow wasn't doing it's job back in Sep 2022 and Rob helped complete the sale. I have messaged him a thousand times asking him to release my money since then.
Yeah, this is total bunk. Rob Monster defrauded JJE out of $16M and then took out another $3M loan in Epik's name right before leaving. That is $19M!!!!!!! He repaid about $2M to JJE and then bought some fake apps (probably with massive kick backs) - maybe spent another $5M on terrahost but in any case he ran with about $10M.

The rest of the debt was paid off by the new owners - all the credit card debts (registry fees), all/most of the post royce escrow victims, and loan and ridiculously unfair settlement for JJE.

Monster has the money and he is the one who should be paying everyone back!!!

•••
hello .no one can contact rob these months ?

•••
They say that the criminal is drawn to the crime scene.
Perhaps the Monster enjoys communicating with victims.

•••
•••
Actually he was the one who I reached out to when Epik Escrow wasn't doing it's job back in Sep 2022 and Rob helped complete the sale. I have messaged him a thousand times asking him to release my money since then.
Why would Rob Monster pay you when he hasn't paid a customer $1.5 million?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hey everyone,

I am not active at NamePros and I am not aware of what happened with all the customers Epik owed. I kept talking to Rob who assured me that soon I will get my money back. He has stopped replying since a month ago. Instead I received this email from MasterBucks support.

I have told Rob that I want every cent I am owed.

If anyone here received their money can they please share how they made Rob/Epik/Masterbucks release it?

Thanks

"We have received your inquiry about the status of your redemption. This is from proceeds from an escrow transaction completed on September 27, 2022. We have been working diligently to recover these funds from the group who completed that transaction for you. As of today, we have no access to the bank account that received those funds and have not received an accounting of where those funds went. In the meantime, the Founder/Chairman of Epik has been graciously assisting people who are in hardship situations. If you are in urgent need of funds, you can cancel the existing redemption and initiate a new one for $1000 and it should be possible to clear this one for you within 1-2 days while the restructuring and recovery of Masterbucks continues. Masterbucks Support"
Please help me understand this email. Did you send it to a Masterbucks email or epik email? Who are they talking about when they say "group"? Is this Rob trying to claim that JJE or the new owners should pay this and other debts?

Rob Monster. Pay these people back with the money you have already stolen and then sell whatever you have to to pay everyone back, including JJE, AND THEN confess & repent of your crimes concerning the hacking of Epik and all the data releases. You betrayed thousands of men and women infinitely better than you or anyone else involved in this mess. We're not gonna let it go.

•••

I look forward to hearing more about what happened.

In general though, it is probably not a good idea to do business with a dying registrar, that scammed customers, and has supposed "new" secretive ownership.

"New" Epik vs. "Old" Epik...What's the difference?

samepicture.jpg

Brad

Last edited:
•••

I look forward to hearing more about what happened.

In general though, it is probably not a good idea to do business with a dying registrar, that scammed customers, and has supposed "new" secretive ownership.

"New" Epik vs. "Old" Epik...What's the difference?

Show attachment 249695

Brad
I've been told personally about several such cases of auth codes being handed out in "error" but i wasn't given permission to disclose details (domains) and I have no way to verify story so didn't post. It wasn't over small amount either >$1M worth of domainS.

My guess is the Monster is back to his old biz model.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Makes no sense to me why anyone would have anything of value left at Epik.
Some people just don't have the funds to be able to transfer their domains out. If you have 1,000 domains, you'd need $10/name just to be able to transfer out.

•••
Some people just don't have the funds to be able to transfer their domains out. If you have 1,000 domains, you'd need $10/name just to be able to transfer out.
This argument is becoming increasingly less valid. This was indeed the case in the beginning, but it is now more than a year since this thread was created. During that year, people could have moved their domains gradually to another registrar when renewals needed to be made.

•••
This argument is becoming increasingly less valid. This was indeed the case in the beginning, but it is now more than a year since this thread was created. During that year, people could have moved their domains gradually to another registrar when renewals needed to be made.
Yeah. If you have renewed the domain, you could have transferred it. It's the same cost or less.

Some people might still not be aware of the issues, but many are aware and are choosing to keep domains there.

Keeping any valuable domains at Epik (whatever version) is a risky proposition.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah. If you have renewed the domain, you could have transferred it. It's the same cost or less.

Some people might still not be aware of the issues, but many are aware and are choosing to keep domains there.

Keeping any valuable domains at Epik (whatever version) is a risky proposition.

Brad
They were offered free renewals so they stayed but if they'd have read the fine print they would've seen that it says Epik may steal and sell your domains at any time.

•••
I would argue if you don't have enough money in reserve to move your whole portfolio you have too many names.

Failing that I would sell less valuable possessions to get the money to move more valuable names.

No excuses really other than being oblivious to the situation although I'm certain that isn't the case there.

•••
Now the most recent post in this thread will be indicated by the name newepik.com

•••
•••
Any updated stats for Epik's total domain count?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I just saw this on Twitter. I only saw it because another party posted it.

The free speech champions Epik blocked me.

1701301386381.png

Phew. I guess it was only incompetence then.
Source - just trust them.

I wonder how many others have lost domains and not even noticed due to this or similar "errors"?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
To whom it may concern,

Based on old research we believe the way Monster (maybe someone else at Epik but probably Monster) was stealing domains worked like this.

Plan A:
He updates the expiration date in Epik db. While the dates are generated from registry it was possible to overwrite in DB -- one researcher said there was actually a way to update exp date from admin UI but I never saw. Then when domainer comes in and sorts his domains based on exp date soonest, as we all do, nothing will show a problem. After domain expires and grace period is up he just takes it.

Plan B:
1) He gets all offers from landing pages - buy now or make offer.
2) He would then negotiate sale of domain with potential buyer.
3) Take domain from large domainer and hope they don't notice.

Many of these stolen domain sales also seemed to be tax evasion schemes. He sold some very valuable domains for ~$1K. Obviously he only did that to remove domain as an asset from books and then, I'm sure, took large payouts in crypto.

•••

Show attachment 249711

I wonder how many others have lost domains and not even noticed due to this or similar "errors"?

Brad
The Q is why the new E abuse team need to track x issue if the "error + uninternational" is already discovered?

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 249711

Brad
The "error" was letting Monster have admin creds.

•••
To whom it may concern,

Based on old research we believe the way Monster (maybe someone else at Epik but probably Monster) was stealing domains worked like this.

Plan A:
He updates the expiration date in Epik db. While the dates are generated from registry it was possible to overwrite in DB -- one researcher said there was actually a way to update exp date from admin UI but I never saw. Then when domainer comes in and sorts his domains based on exp date soonest, as we all do, nothing will show a problem. After domain expires and grace period is up he just takes it.

Plan B:
1) He gets all offers from landing pages - buy now or make offer.
2) He would then negotiate sale of domain with potential buyer.
3) Take domain from large domainer and hope they don't notice.

Many of these stolen domain sales also seemed to be tax evasion schemes. He sold some very valuable domains for ~$1K. Obviously he only did that to remove domain as an asset from books and then, I'm sure, took large payouts in crypto.
That would not surprise me. The system was certainly rife for potential shenanigans as we have seen.

I know from my PianoMoving.com debacle Epik.com could remove domains from your account internally without triggering any notice.

No email notice. No record of the transfer anywhere in your account.
No record of the original transaction.

No refund until they were caught.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back