IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe Michele has had some names stolen (transferred to Epik's account with approval), but I haven't necessarily heard that any stolen domains have turned up at NL.
lot of domains and not only me

•••
So a registrar can increase prices with 1-day notice?

That is the base registry agreement, and has no relevance to registrar pricing policies.

That section is about prices charged by the registry to the registrar, not about pricing between the registrar and the customer.

•••
Well, that was certainly not the case for me in my (1) Epik transaction. The PianoMoving.com debacle.
I tried to transfer it out immediately, but it was locked for (60) days.

That is how Epik was able to internally transfer the domain from my account after around a month of ownership without authorization, notification, or a record of it happening. They also did not even provide a refund until I found it missing weeks later.

Brad

They have been locking every domain I bought on their marketplace and NL as well as pushes for as long as I can remember.

Before the hack happened I would just ask them to remove it and they lifted it. After the hack they wouldn't anymore.

I addressed the locking issue on pushes at the time, maybe that's what pissed them off so they flagged my account. That's how they roll.

Anyway, it might be different depending on who you are. Not every account there has equal options.

Funny enough, I received some domains through a push this week and I was able to unlock and request the Auth to transfer right away.

Last edited:
•••
So a registrar can increase prices with 1-day notice?

I don't see why not.

Provided that outbound transfers are working, then a renewal price increase at a registrar is easily dealt with by transferring a domain out to another registrar at whatever the competitor's price may be.

With the registry pricing, things are a little different, so the six months gives registrants time to either renew out for as long as they want at the current price or to use the time to transition out of the TLD. At least that was the rationale.

But I can't see why there would be an issue with registrar price increases since there is a competitive market in that service.

•••
For those affected -

On abuse.epik.com it's possible to report Domain Theft issues.

But don't hesitate to report it elsewhere as well.

1676053750133.png

X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
DNS:411roofing.com
DNS:arieshoodie.com
DNS:asianpokerpalace.com
DNS:bigdickdaddys.com
DNS:canadiansteriods.com.viewsfor.com
DNS:cloakers.net
DNS:cmbslending.com
DNS:costaricatravelnet.com.venisonmeat.com
DNS:headshroom.com
DNS:innomotiontech.com
DNS:laserdiecutter.com.apeironpay.com
DNS:qratedapartments.com
DNS:squarespaceus.com
DNS:www.abuse.epik.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't see why not.

Provided that outbound transfers are working, then a renewal price increase at a registrar is easily dealt with by transferring a domain out to another registrar at whatever the competitor's price may be.

With the registry pricing, things are a little different, so the six months gives registrants time to either renew out for as long as they want at the current price or to use the time to transition out of the TLD. At least that was the rationale.

But I can't see why there would be an issue with registrar price increases since there is a competitive market in that service.
That creates a nice potential loophole for a registrar, especially when it comes to registries with expiration dates around the same time due to landrush or promotions.

Just jack up rates the day before, and let autorenewals take care of the rest.

Take some $0.99 promo regs that were $10.99 to renew...jack them up to $100. We gave you (1) day advanced notice. Your problem now.

It seems like bit of an oversight in the ICANN policy that the only communication required is between the registry and registrar. Obviously a reasonable registrar would relay that information to a registrant in a timely manner.

But, without a contractual requirement it seems open to abuse by some sleazy registrars.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
In honor of page 200 let's have a few laughs.

Last edited:
•••

This is the document Rob Monster has used in the past to deceive investors and is still using as recently as a few months ago to deceive more suckers, I mean investors. $160M! Classic Monster. LOL!!!

* (I do always try to be respectful of people's private info (aka doxing) or involving innocent victims in my postings but I felt no need to remove Monster's phone number since he has published this number all over the internet).

Show attachment 231966

Show attachment 231967
DNProtect.com (100%)

:ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
That creates a nice potential loophole for a registrar, especially when it comes to registries with expiration dates around the same time due to landrush or promotions.

Just jack up rates the day before, and let autorenewals take care of the rest.

Take some $0.99 promo regs that were $10.99 to renew...jack them up to $100. We gave you (1) day advanced notice. Your problem now.

It seems like bit of an oversight in the ICANN policy that the only communication required is between the registry and registrar. Obviously a reasonable registrar would relay that information to a registrant in a timely manner.

But, without a contractual requirement it seems open to abuse by some sleazy registrars.

Brad

My CC company would eat them alive.

•••

This is the document Rob Monster has used in the past to deceive investors and is still using as recently as a few months ago to deceive more suckers, I mean investors. $160M! Classic Monster. LOL!!!

* (I do always try to be respectful of people's private info (aka doxing) or involving innocent victims in my postings but I felt no need to remove Monster's phone number since he has published this number all over the internet).

Show attachment 231966

Show attachment 231967
Man, so much disingenuous stuff on this sheet.

Now Epik is not only a partner with DNProtect.com, they 100% own it?
I am sure that would have been news to Bill.

I see Valido.com on the list as well.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It seems like bit of an oversight in the ICANN policy that the only communication required is between the registry and registrar.

No, it's intentional. ICANN is very sensitive to any hint of price fixing among registrars. There's even this provision of the RAA:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en

1.4. In addition to the other limitations on Consensus Policies, they shall not:

1.4.1. prescribe or limit the price of Registrar Services;

The situation is a little different with registry pricing, since only one entity sets the registry price of .whatever and the competitive TLDs are not direct substitutes. In other words, you can pick whatever registrar carries .whatever for your registrar services, but you can't have another registry for it.

Having created the entire artifice of the registry/registrar decoupling, they aren't going to get involved in registrar pricing practices, since promoting competition for registrar services was the entire point.

•••
No, it's intentional. ICANN is very sensitive to any hint of price fixing among registrars. There's even this provision of the RAA:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en

1.4. In addition to the other limitations on Consensus Policies, they shall not:

1.4.1. prescribe or limit the price of Registrar Services;

The situation is a little different with registry pricing, since only one entity sets the registry price of .whatever and the competitive TLDs are not direct substitutes. In other words, you can pick whatever registrar carries .whatever for your registrar services, but you can't have another registry for it.

Having created the entire artifice of the registry/registrar decoupling, they aren't going to get involved in registrar pricing practices, since promoting competition for registrar services was the entire point.
It makes sense in that context.

However, the issue with a registrar jacking up prices with essentially no notice to registrants is another issue then.

I can envision multiple ways that could be abused.

It kind of reminds me of how .XYZ forced registrations into Network Solutions accounts. You had to manually opt-out to avoid it. I am sure many of those domains no one wanted in the first place ended up being autorenewed.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
In honor of page 200 let's have some laughs.

This is the document Rob Monster has used to deceive investors in the past and continues to use as recently as a few months ago to pitch to more suckers, I mean investors. $160M valuation! 1.8M domains! $30M portfolio! LOL. Classic Monster.

*I redacted all PII from document.

Epik Investment Insanity.jpg

Epik Investment Insanity2.jpg

•••

This is the document Rob Monster has used to deceive investors in the past and continues to use as recently as a few months ago to pitch to more suckers, I mean investors. $160M valuation! 1.8M domains! $30M portfolio! LOL. Classic Monster.

Show attachment 231975
Show attachment 231976
"The World's first 'Freedom Unicorn' by early 2022". I have no idea what this means. Did it happen? :playful:

•••

Show attachment 231975
Show attachment 231976
It has a remarkably large overlap with the portfolio of Robert W Monster's Kingdom Ventures.

Last edited:
•••
"The World's first 'Freedom Unicorn' by early 2022". I have no idea what this means. Did it happen? :playful:
"Freedom Unicorn" concept art. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
(I just found these on Google image search, but they work.)

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Unicorn - has this something to do with a company that has raised USD1Billion or more?

•••
Unicorn - has this something to do with a company that has raised USD1Billion or more?
Sure, but that is a unicorn not a "freedom unicorn". :ROFL:

Brad

•••
Sure, but that is a unicorn not a "freedom unicorn". :ROFL:

Brad
Perhaps an attempt to "merge" the 2 ideas - freedom+unicorn - anyway this is probably going off topic

•••

Perhaps an attempt to "merge" the 2 ideas - freedom+unicorn - anyway this is probably going off topic

Looks like Epik is actually not the first "Freedom Unicorn".

Introducing FreedomUnicorn.com. All you have to do is go to that domain and be redirected to the most recent comment in this thread. 🦄

Brad

Last edited:
•••
So, FreedomUnicorn.com is a competitor of my epik.money !

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

What is it with grown men and their fascination for 🦄 ? I mean, my five year old is obsessed, I get that but I mean... What? Love the pics 😻 Made me chuckle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back