The .CN Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
.cn -- Help

Hi Guy's,

I need to know are .cn a good investment?

I own some .asia and also looking at .hk for names but what about .cn?

Are they best developed? Parked? Where does the traffic come from and is it steady?

Love to hear all thoughts and what type of names to invest in?

Regards and Thanks in Advance,

Rob :notme:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
with those kind of population and almost every household have at least one "Made in China" product, this is not surprise .....
dot cn just like their product "cheap" but you need time to make sure the quality ..

btw love ur sign :
My friend fail in his first jump and he never jump again but he is one of the lucky person landing with out full open canopy but still survive (year 2000 QLD dropzone)....

•••
any info on the number of developed .cns vs. the number of developed .des?

•••
Country code domains are showing their strength with sales this year...

How many years until .ins are the 2nd largest country code ? Any predictions...

I'd say 3-5 yrs..

•••
I see stronger sales in .de, and barely any sales in .cn domains.

•••
shockie said:
any info on the number of developed .cns vs. the number of developed .des?

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,140,000,000 for site:.cn
Results 1 - 10 of about 430,000,000 from com.cn

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,520,000,000 for site:.de. (0.15 seconds)

•••
Thats interesting.. .cn has a bigger userbase so it was bound to happen?

•••
owntype said:

Does that not show many more sites than actual domain names registered in both cctlds :?

I really see .cn taking off now that the economy is booming and is actually being heavily promoted. .de still remains the leader of the pack and are the first to see significant sales in idn, another indicatior of potential value) if you still need one.

•••
cn's registration numbers were probably inflated by the promotion that the registry was doing for first year registrations of .cn domains. How much, I don't know...

I've heard that you could register new .cn domains for the equivalent of ten cents at some Chinese registrars.

After the first year, I'd imagine the renewal fee for .cn is considerably higher. It will be interesting to see if .CN can keep itself at the forefront as the world's largest ccTLD when some of those cheap .CNs (registered for 1 yuan) inevitablely start dropping.

•••
1 YUAN for a .CN? Economics dictates of course .cn will pass .de for first year :)

•••
owntype said:

i'm not sure if this is the right way of checking, but .de looks to have appreciably more sites, although it's not completely blowing .cn out of the water.

•••
Was going to happen sometime, just look at the population :) But saying that, with all the big brother watching thing in china do you really think the chinese authorities will allow domainers to take advantage of the booming market.

•••
I believe CNNIC encourage domaining. They feel .cn domains are currently undervalued. Chinese authorities would love to see .cn become more valuable than .co.uk & .de. CNNIC have taken many measures to help the .cn market to grow.

Easydoms said:
Was going to happen sometime, just look at the population :) But saying that, with all the big brother watching thing in china do you really think the chinese authorities will allow domainers to take advantage of the booming market.

•••
SonnyCooL said:
with those kind of population and almost every household have at least one "Made in China" product, this is not surprise .....
dot cn just like their product "cheap" but you need time to make sure the quality ..

Do you really know China and .cn domains?

Do you really know China's industry?

shockie said:
i'm not sure if this is the right way of checking, but .de looks to have appreciably more sites, although it's not completely blowing .cn out of the water.

Do you know China's IT & Internet developments?

Still, it looks like there are many people (not including big business people and business experts and research scholars) who don't know or even don't want to recognize something great on the other side of the world. Sigh...

:hehe:

•••
BestBusinessDomains said:
Do you really know China and .cn domains?

Do you really know China's industry?

yes i do ...
i do own two company in china (trading from automotive, mobile and accessory) .....
i can't said i really understand their internet market, but i see huge different from dial up till ADSL .... they improve a lot and prices is getting cheaper ...

for example :
HID kit (xenon) for UK market 65 to 80 pound china price 20 pound.
UFO light. UK 600- 700 pound. china prices 60-80 pound.
All item basically from china but after repacking, they selling at 300% and more ...

•••
Easydoms said:
But saying that, with all the big brother watching thing in china do you really think the chinese authorities will allow domainers to take advantage of the booming market.

I believe they call it homeland security in the US :?

And yes, the Chinese authorities via CNNIC are actively promoting the use of their own tld .cn/.中国 - matter of national pride- unlike other some country cctld's.

SonnyCooL said:
yes i do ...
i do own two company in china (trading from automotive, mobile and accessory) .....
i can't said i really understand their internet market, but i see huge different from dial up till ADSL .... they improve a lot and prices is getting cheaper ...

You actually contradict yourself by saying that you know the Chinese .cn domain market and also saying you do not understand the internet market, they are loosely connected. :wave:

•••
BestBusinessDomains said:
shockie said:

Do you know China's IT & Internet developments?
that's why i asked. just because they have more registrations of their cheap .tld doesn't mean there are more developed sites. if i make my own country and sell off my .shockies for $0.01, i would have more registrations than .cn.

does that mean there's more development in my country? ;)

•••
.tk domains are free, but not many people register .tk

I don't see .shockies domains have any resale value, so I would not register any even for $0.01 each.

shockie said:
that's why i asked. just because they have more registrations of their cheap .tld doesn't mean there are more developed sites. if i make my own country and sell off my .shockies for $0.01, i would have more registrations than .cn.

does that mean there's more development in my country? ;)

•••
hostingsearch said:
.tk domains are free, but not many people register .tk

I don't see .shockies domains have any resale value, so I would not register any even for $0.01 each.
i think you're confused with their forwarding service.

you have to pay to have the legal license rights to a .tk.

•••
i have many .Cn domain names, and i believe that " more and more international companies will open offices in China, they have the need of .Cn domain names. "
i benefit from it.

•••
nielsencl said:
With they type of domain parking that I do, it doesn't matter what the extension is, so if I can buy domains very cheap, like the $0.99 .infos, I don't have to make too much money from parking to have the domain pay for itself, or make a small profit. A non-US ccTLD can still get US traffic. While the parking services mostly block or do not pay for non-US traffic, my parked domains get enough US traffic so that it works.

Perhaps you and I should discuss a partnership? It sounds like you have a market for selling .cn domains and I do not, since I am based in the US. Thank you for your nice PM, by the way. :) I will be contacting you about registering domains and what we have talked about here.

:) Welcome. Let's learn from each other

bosson said:
i have many .Cn domain names, and i believe that " more and more international companies will open offices in China, they have the need of .Cn domain names. "
i benefit from it.

Hello Bosson, Nice to meet you here. Yes, you benefit a lot from .Cn domain names. Very smart guy :great:

•••
WHy are .cn keywords are hard to find I found notebookcomputers.cn just recently and found some other good ones.

•••
actually i have purchase some .cn for parking anyway... its nice... start from many high paying keyword have available on january 2008 lolz...

and for me... all domain is worth and we can make money from them. Even its just $1/month but i assumed its way to invest and making money. And yes, there are no instant money. IMO

Regards.

•••
wot said:
I believe they call it homeland security in the US :?

And yes, the Chinese authorities via CNNIC are actively promoting the use of their own tld .cn/.中国 - matter of national pride- unlike other some country cctld's.

You actually contradict yourself by saying that you know the Chinese .cn domain market and also saying you do not understand the internet market, they are loosely connected. :wave:

hahaha ....
cause i have proper business in china and i'm not live in china (two month i travel once) but the way i see how their industry grow, i'm doubt they going to fail on anything...
cause they have the population and gov support on almost everything

•••
The rapid development of .Cn domain names is because of CNNIC's promotion. With gov support and huge population foundation, the .Cn will have a bright future, I believe.

•••
alanj878 said:
WHy are .cn keywords are hard to find I found notebookcomputers.cn just recently and found some other good ones.

Wow, Notebookcomputers.cn, very good keyword domain name

I think if only you would like to spent time to search, you will find something good. Good luck to all of us :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back