IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, and it is only a matter of time until this thread follows.

Brad

and again you and sdsinc only have negative comments .........why bother ?

•••
I find it amusing that when someone doesn't drink the Kool-Aid it is seen as negative comments.

It has been the same way in the past with .TEL / .MOBI / .ASIA and other countless trends that bring in the flood of newbs.

I apologize for bringing a realistic viewpoint.

Brad

and again you and sdsinc only have negative comments .........why bother ?

•••
again with the extensions ........... this a 3d thread not an extension thread , why do you even mention them ?

again why are you here ,

•••
I am not sure to be honest, as I am not promoting anything.

Brad

again with the extensions ........... this a 3d thread not an extension thread , why do you even mention them ?

again why are you here ,

•••
3dinsure(.)com or 3dtvinsurance(.)com
Most peeps will probably need this when that nice new shiny set gets 3d'd as a freebie by some light fingered burglar lol

•••
hey guys

Let try and just focus on 3D technology and the future of 3D domains. I dont mind getting other views on the 3D domains, but lets have some intellectual discussions on why we are wasting out money.

I dont think it can be compared to .mobi, .tel, .biz, etc as this is not an extension. Lets rather compare it to LCD, Solar, Hybrid, Eco, OLED, Green, iPad and anything else that has been a new technology or has been in the headlines for whatever reason.

This thread will end up like the other one if we dont keep it on track. I am happy to have all the guys who are sceptical about 3D domains, it might just put some doubt in peoples minds, that may just end up saving people a lot of money. It certainly leads to a balanced thread, that gives everyone a different perspective on these domains.

These opinions are coming from people who have been in the industry for a long time and have seen these crazes come and go and are maybe trying to help some of the guys regging all sorts of weird 3D names, on that note, I have just bought another name, will post as soon as I have the name.

Article

THIS WEEK has been a big week for 3D TV announcements. On Tuesday, we attended a Samsung press event and were given a demo of its full HD 3D TV and, despite some caveats we'll address, were suitability impressed. And yesterday, Sony unveiled its aggressive 3D TV business strategy to the Wall Street Journal. Then, late Wednesday afternoon, LG entered the 3D TV fray with what it claims is a complete package for the UK with a May launch date.

While Sony is playing 3D catch-up with Samsung, LG and Panasonic, it intends to increase its TV shipments by 70 per cent and deliver more than 25 million 3D TVs in the next fiscal year. With Samsung already selling 3D TVs in South Korea since last month and Panasonic due to launch next week in the US, are we 3D ready yet?

As answers always are to questions like this, yes and no. There's no doubt that some of the new technology is visually very good. Samsung is bringing the first 3D TV LED technology to the European market with an array of products. It's offering 3D LED TVs, 3D LCD TVs and 3D Plasma TVs, a Blu-ray Player and a Home Theatre System. Samsung also announced a content partnership in late February with Dreamworks SKG to 3D-ify the studio's CGI-based films like Shrek, Monster and Aliens. According to the WSJ, Tim Baxter, Samsung's US president, said orders for its 3D TVs on Amazon were strong and he believes the 3D industry will sell between 3.5 million and 4 million 3D TV units in the US this year.

Hot off the press, LG has also launched 3D TV models, a 3D Blu-ray player and 3D compatibility with the Sky network. It's introducing the first passive 3D technology LCD TV with its LD920. This will be rolled out in pubs for football fans and the World Cup will be broadcast by Sky in 3D. LG is also launching the LX9900, its full LED 3D ready TV along with a 3D Blu-ray player to boot.

Sony may be behind the rest of the big display manufacturers but it has a trick up its sleeve that none of its competition can claim. It will be one of the first, if not the only manufacturer to deliver an entire 3D gaming hardware and software service through its PlayStation gaming consoles. 3D gaming is set to be massive and Sony can publish and develop 3D games that can be played on Playstation 3s with a firmware upgrade. Sony's 3D games can be downloaded from its Playstation Network and viewed on its 3D TV's.

The 3D playback on Samsung's demo-reel was accomplished. It offered unexpectedly wide viewing angles so you're not rooted to an optimised spot to get the 3D effect and pin-sharp image quality. Samsung achieves this with its own active shutter powered 3D glasses. The company's LED and LCD 3D TVs refresh at 240Hz so the glasses refresh at half the rate to synchronise the content. The right and left eye shutters alternately open and close, there by producing the 3D effect.

Now here's the rub. While this is great pioneering technology, Samsung will only bundle one pair of its 3D glasses when its 3D TVs go on sale because they cost around £100. If you're a cash rich early adopter, then lucky you and it won't be an issue. However, no matter how much money you're willing to spend on extra Samsung 3D glasses, you won't get them working with 3D technology from other manufacturers.

Like Samsung, LG's 3D TV portfolio is using active shutter glasses to generate the 3D effect and full HD playback. We asked LG if the glasses are only operable on its own 3D TV technology but haven't had an answer yet. We're guessing that it's probably only compatible with LG gear.

The problem all manufacturers and punters face is that there's no agnostic open standard support in 3D TV home technology. Particular manufacturers are using particular 3D technologies with particular content providers. This means we get a fractured ecosystem that ties end users to one delivery system when there are many on offer. It's early, pioneering days and we can't wait to get a 3D TV but we're going to sit this one out.

Good luck all

Last edited:
•••
3dinsure(.)com or 3dtvinsurance(.)com
Most peeps will probably need this when that nice new shiny set gets 3d'd as a freebie by some light fingered burglar lol

sorry but i cant see the value here , whilst 3dtvs are going to cost a bit at first , so did hdtvs , but i have never seen hdtv insurance , as stated now is the time to look at the aftermarket or idns , good luck

•••
I dont think it can be compared to .mobi, .tel, .biz, etc as this is not an extension. Lets rather compare it to LCD, Solar, Hybrid, Eco, OLED, Green, iPad and anything else that has been a new technology or has been in the headlines for whatever reason.

Ok. ShoppingOLED, ShoppingLCD is available but ShoppingGreen is taken. I guess 3d is the best thing since Green...

•••
3DSantaClaus.Com
3DThanksgiving.Com
3DSportsTube.Com
3DNewsTube.Com
3DImaxMovies.Com
Imax3DMovie.Com
3DPetTube.Com
3DApples.Com
3DHeavyMetal.Com
3DFantasyLeague.Com
3DMusicTelevision.Com
3DMommy.Com

•••
I like 3DSportsTube.com best.....

The Imax names are awesome, but isn't that a TM?

Saucey :)

A few of mine...

3DHighDefinitionTV.com
3DHomeTheatre.TV
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
Digital3DCamera.net

Last edited:
•••
I find it amusing that when someone doesn't drink the Kool-Aid it is seen as negative comments.
On the other hand, the pump and dump, the fake offers etc are perceived to be less negative to most of the followers here :sick:

•••
3DSantaClaus.Com
3DThanksgiving.Com
3DSportsTube.Com
3DNewsTube.Com
3DImaxMovies.Com
Imax3DMovie.Com
3DPetTube.Com
3DApples.Com
3DHeavyMetal.Com
3DFantasyLeague.Com
3DMusicTelevision.Com
3DMommy.Com

- Imax , 3d Imax and Imax 3d are trademarked terms.
- I wouldnt park 3dapples.com, generic ADs could lead to apple products (another TM problem).
- Same thing applies to 3DMusic Television.
- 3Dsports tube is OK, but I dont see any value in others. How would you develop or try to find buyers for a domains like 3dMommy or 3dThanksgiving?

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

3DFights
3DFunny
3DGuns
Apartment3D

I like those.. 3DFights has great 3d gaming potential. 3dFunny could be a nice site for posting funny 3d images/clips, and guns & apartments could be modeling sites.

I can see potential in all...somebody slap me and tell me to stop buying if i'm wrong...i have the noob buying fever. I've spent about £1200 so far on domains and three months since i started i can safely say about 10% have potential ( I think anyhoo). It's addictive...but not one more penny ...:|

I guess many people starts like that. I think I droped almost all of my first 100 domains, but lesson learned is much more valuable then 100xreg fee :)

•••
How about my new domains?

3dErotica.net

3dGO.co.uk (got an offer ) the buyer ask me "what is your price".?.. Please advice.

3dIPTV.co.uk

3dProtocol.com

3dHomeTheater.co.uk

3dHomeTheater.de

3dtvGeneration.com

3dtvLive.co.uk

Thanks,

•••
--
3dvideoplayer.com went for $105 on tdnam yesterday (I guess buyer is a member here). I think its a nice buy (I bid also). Probably it could be flipped for $200 fast :)

Heres a link to interesting 3d video player for phones - no glasses required:
2D-3D Video Inc.

•••
sorry but i cant see the value here , whilst 3dtvs are going to cost a bit at first , so did hdtvs , but i have never seen hdtv insurance , as stated now is the time to look at the aftermarket or idns , good luck

I fully agree but if I don't speculate:bah:
3dblurayhire(.)com
3dblurayrentals(.)com
3dmoviebase(.)com
hybrid3dtv(.)com

Talking about speculation I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw some of the prices being asked on ebay!

Last edited:
•••
Talking about speculation I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw some of the prices being asked on ebay!

I know thats hilarious, 2 members on NP here offered me some names with ridiculous prices

3 terrible names for $1,000,000
2 average names for $400,000

I said no...lol

•••
Some day, most likely around renewal time next year, all these newbies will realize all the money they wasted, and they will disappear from this board, never to be heard from again....Most names in this thread are absolute crap, with not a chance of a sale....

There are some decent names in this thread, but the rest defy logic....

•••
Lubbinit said:
I can see potential in all...somebody slap me and tell me to stop buying if i'm wrong...i have the noob buying fever. I've spent about £1200 so far on domains and three months since i started i can safely say about 10% have potential ( I think anyhoo). It's addictive...but not one more penny ...
Hopefully you have diversified and not spent your money in a single niche (3D). Quality over quantity. One quality domain is better than 100 reg fee domains.
I would suggest that you stop buying until you score a few sales.

•••
I've sold seven 3D domains.

•••
my hand is

3dnotebooks.net
3dnotebook.org
bluray3dplayer.com

should be able to sell em, need the right time

•••
•••
I've sold seven 3D domains.

No kidding!:imho: By the looks of sig, I see names that definitely have potential, unlike 3Dlamps.com (random keyword)

•••
I did reg some 3d names but tried to think outside the box a bit. I have noticed a lot of comments online about people feeling queezy, dizzy or having depth perception problems after viewing long 3d movies. Also if kids sit and play video games all day long, day after day on 3dtv's there might be some long term damage.

So I reg'd:
3DSideEffects.com - started developing.. not much yet though: 3D Side Effects
3DBrainDamage.com
3DEyeDamage.com
3DEyeStrain.com

•••
I did reg some 3d names but tried to think outside the box a bit. I have noticed a lot of comments online about people feeling queezy, dizzy or having depth perception problems after viewing long 3d movies. Also if kids sit and play video games all day long, day after day on 3dtv's there might be some long term damage.

So I reg'd:
3DSideEffects.com - started developing.. not much yet though: 3D Side Effects
3DBrainDamage.com
3DEyeDamage.com
3DEyeStrain.com

law of averages says some people will have problems because of 3d viewing

I actually have 3dcompensation/com

Just went over to aussie forum and netfleet (member here who runs a aussie sales site) has reported 3dtelevision.com.au has sold for $3,500 and that 3dlcd.com.au had sold for $500

I have also noticed 2 3d names currently on auction at sedo

Last edited:
•••
Two 3D sales on Netfleet in last week:

3DLCD.com.au - US$455
3DTelevision.com.au - US$3,202

Both were probably hand-regged in last couple of years so great ROI for those people that took a punt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back