NameSilo

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just bought this name

Touch3D.com

I think the name could be good with all the 3d touch screens that are coming out

I guess there will be other touch gadgets as well in the near future

it's a good name for the future no doubt

•••
Here we go guys. 3-D.com currently has 12 bids for $500,000 @ Sedo.

Wow!

Last edited:
•••

Wow!

I recently quoted someone $1500 for my 3-d.com.au .....might have to reavaluate ?

i did not spot that auction for 3-d

•••

Wow!

Damn Lexis,

You had me excited there for a minute. :lol:

3-D.com is not on auction right now.

You are looking at the sales page (make offer) page,
and you see the sellers asking price of $500,000
then you see how many previous offers = 12.

Those offers could have been for $100.00

There is only one 3D related domain on auction right now...
3dsexy.com 500 $US 1 3d 15h 25m

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
i think it didn't have a price the last time i looked .....he is jumping on board the craze

•••
i think it didn't have a price the last time i looked .....he is jumping on board the craze

Well,
With the hyphen...If he could even get a quarter of that ($125,000),
then God Bless him!

•••
You have to watch their blind offer system at Sedo. It looks too misleading at first when you can't see who is making these offers and for how much especially when the domain name is way over priced.

Last edited:
•••
3D.com...Who owns it?

3D.com...Who owns it? Any one know the history on this gem?

•••
•••
Registered this medical term name in 3d, thought it might be appropriate and something coming to the medical field more in the future. Replace the 1 with an l. Any comments appreciated.

3DTe1emedicine//com

that's a good one. i see the .com.au version is a developed (and real) site. i looked for names in this niche a while back but i must've overlooked this.

•••
Just had a low xx offer on GamerGlasses.com

Would you sell, IMO the name will be worth more later on

•••
Just had a low xx offer on GamerGlasses.com

Would you sell, IMO the name will be worth more later on

I wouldn't take it Giles.
I have passed on about 4 or 5 of those $xx offers already with lesser 3D names.

Best Buy just sold out of their very first week of 3Dtv inventory.
This hasn't even begun yet.

I think you could get low to mid $xxx real soon. IMO

•••
•••
I wouldn't take it Giles.
I have passed on about 4 or 5 of those $xx offers already with lesser 3D names.

Thanks mate, I will counter with mid xxx, just in case and see what happens?

•••
•••
Panasonic 3-D Televisions Sell Out in US Stores in First Week

Panasonic 3-D Televisions Sell Out in U.S. Stores (Update1) - BusinessWeek

In this economy, that's a very good sign.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Registered this medical term name in 3d, thought it might be appropriate and something coming to the medical field more in the future. Replace the 1 with an l. Any comments appreciated.

3DTe1emedicine//com

I like it... and was thinking of getting it awhile back. But I have TeleMedTV.com... and a few others in that space.

•••
My latest 3D registrations

I also registered 3DBundle.com since some TVs will offer bundled products such as glasses, accessories, etc.

•••
I also registered 3DBundle.com since some TVs will offer bundled products such as glasses, accessories, etc.

Thats a great name Lexis, congrats!!

Samsung will soon have a bit of competition in Best Buy’s 3D TV department. A $2,899 Panasonic VT20 plasma, Blu-ray player and 3D glasses bundle will go on sale tomorrow expect not all Best Buy stores. It’s a Magnolia exclusive.

•••
Glasses3D.com was on Snap auction for $425+ last time I checked with 11 bidders.

Brad

•••
Seeing that I have invested quite a bit in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi) domains and 3DTV, I thought I would mix the two together.

I grabbed this one

3DTV.ae

I did a bit of research and found some interesting articles as well...fingers crossed

DUBAI - Sony will begin selling 3D TVs in the Gulf this summer, its regional managing director said on Wednesday, as the Japanese electronics giant looks to capitalise on interest in the format generated by recent Blockbuster movie Avatar.

Following on the success of the 3D blockbuster movie Avatar, broadcasters and retailers in the Middle East are touting 3D TV as the next 'must have' technology. However, the new technology faces hurdles that are likely to slow its widespread adoption in the region.

TV manufacturers are not the only companies taking the plunge into 3D. Middle East broadcaster Al Jazeera, which owns the regional rights to broadcast the FIFA World Cup to be held in South Africa this summer, announced recently that it will broadcast the competition in 3D. Abu Dhabi-based TV provider E-Vision also said that it is looking at bringing 3D TV to the UAE to offer residents 'the latest in TV viewing experience.

E-Vision, a subsidiary of the UAE’s No. 1 telco Etisalat, also said it plans to expand its HD TV offering this year, more than doubling the number of HD channels it offers to 20.

Sony said it is already in talks with Gulf broadcasters including Al Jazeera, Abu Dhabi TV and Dubai TV to provide 3D content.

•••
Fantastic Registration!

Seeing that I have invested quite a bit in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi) domains and 3DTV, I thought I would mix the two together.

I grabbed this one

3DTV.ae

I did a bit of research and found some interesting articles as well...fingers crossed

Man! What a fantastic registration. Good job!

Also Panasonic kicked off its National 3DTV Tour today: Touch the Future

Last edited:
•••
Glasses3D.com was on Snap auction for $425+ last time I checked with 11 bidders.

Brad

Great price so far, for a backwards domain.
Can't wait to see the final on this baby!

I grabbed this one

3DTV.ae

Giles,
Awesome Reg!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back