NameSilo

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, and the asian market is allway's high on new techs!
I don't play with them yet: too scared to take wong names... :( lol

You could always learn as others have done. That said probably very little left as most premium major language IDN were registered 10 years ago.

The wong names- would they be Chinese :wave:

•••
Yeah I've made some mistakes with Chinese IDN names. Gotta take into consideration the simplified and traditional Chinese. I only really know pinyin =P

•••
•••
I do believe in 3D names, and I have 5 of them registered, I think this is a reasonable gamble/investment. The cost is $50/year and that is all I can lose if I am wrong.

I am not showcasing them because they are not ready yet, every single one of my domain names has a home/website/content. And I don't mean copy and paste content, I spend time on this.

•••
Yeah I've made some mistakes with Chinese IDN names. Gotta take into consideration the simplified and traditional Chinese. I only really know pinyin =P

Simple start, ignore Traditional, very often it blocks registration of the Simplified which is where the big money will come from, mainland China.

This may help: Chinese Pronunciation Tool - Free Online Tools

•••
Future?
You can see 3d Movies in Theaters. And you can buy 3d Home Theaters.

Regards
Ralf

•••
Dude, you are skeptical of everything. Technology is coming whether you like it or not.
The same argument has been made for years about how online video and media convergence etc would boost .tv, we have also heard about how the growth of mobile Internet would/should make .mobi valuable.

In the end, there is little connection if any between technology and extensions/domain names.

The bottom line is that a bad domain is a bad domain, even in a thriving theme.

•••
The same argument has been made for years about.... Blu Ray and 3d Movies in theaters.

And now? Both rocks.

3D is not a TLD :)

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

The good news

There is growing interest in watching 3D content on TVs, said Dan Schinasi, senior marketing manager at Samsung Electronics. People love to watch 3D movies in theaters, and would like to bring that experience to TVs, he said. The company is trying to stream movies to 3D TVs.
Samsung is working with online movie providers to stream 3D movies from the Internet to television sets.
MacVideo - Camera Technology - News - Samsung finding new ways to push 3D to users

Last edited:
•••
regged my first 3d domain today

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sticking 3D in front or behind a term is not some magic formula to wealth.

Reading through the various 3D threads, there are very few 3D domains with great potential. Most of the domains are just wasted money.

Brad

•••
•••
I agree... And even for the domains that have "great potential", translating this to a meaningful sale is quite another matter..

And one more thing most 3D domains lack is traffic, the search numbers aren't that impressive for almost all 3D+ keywords, so to get traffic, you will have to either develop or invest in marketing, which is the case for all domains that lack traffic...Type ins don't seem to be too common with most 3D domains, this of course will increase some in the future, but IMO, not to the levels that make these worth all the hype...

Sticking 3D in front or behind a term is not some magic formula to wealth.

Reading through the various 3D threads, there are very few 3D domains with great potential. Most of the domains are just wasted money.

Brad

•••
I agree... And even for the domains that have "great potential", translating this to a meaningful sale is quite another matter..

And one more thing most 3D domains lack is traffic, the search numbers aren't that impressive for almost all 3D+ keywords, so to get traffic, you will have to either develop or invest in marketing, which is the case for all domains that lack traffic...Type ins don't seem to be too common with most 3D domains, this of course will increase some in the future, but IMO, not to the levels that make these worth all the hype...

Wait a minute dude! lol
Do you remeber when HD came out(at elite price)? Did the search engine overflowed with the term?
Only a month ago, the majority of people didn't even know that 3DTV was going to be out.
When it's gonna be more accessible (meaning a good price!) it's gonna rock! Even my girlfriend's grand-parents are into 3D...

ps: Now there's still alot of domain names with HD in front of it: and HD wasn't the greatest thing... (ex: HDwallpapers, HDpics, ...)
Imagine with 3D that really makes a difference with the way we see & experience entertainment!

For those who thinks 3D is still crappy: I suggest you to go see 3D IMAX with good 3D glasses instead of cheap ones...

Last edited:
•••
so there is a lot of work to do on bringing them to life as websites...QUOTE]

that is a staggeringly high amount of annual renewals.And how dyou develop 1 3D site, never mind all the above? And im also trying very hard to understand the reasoning behind all those regges.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Maybe you can explain why that list is impressive.......

That's the point: absolutely nothing is impressive in that list !

Thanks gentlemen for all your professional replies that motivate me - even I am not taking part in domain business - to become paying member of you community.

May I introduce myself as executive producer and broadcast consultant. I am running a small production company in Hamburg, Germany, servicing the demand of industrial-, corporate image- and branded entertainment films as well as outside broadcast production / video news release over satellite networks. As a sustaining member of some major broadcast and motion picture relevant societies I follow developments and upcoming techniques very closely. In relation to 3D I focus much more on industry and professional production than on consumer electronics and entertainment products that are mass market and targets for domain business.

I will continue writing some more about what the f... will happen with listed domains,
have to leave studio now...

One question to you pros : Had you published such a list when your plans were selling ?

Best regards

Philipp

•••
•••
May I introduce myself as executive producer and broadcast consultant. I am running a small production company in Hamburg, Germany, servicing the demand of industrial-, corporate image- and branded entertainment films as well as outside broadcast production / video news release over satellite networks. As a sustaining member of some major broadcast and motion picture relevant societies I follow developments and upcoming techniques very closely. In relation to 3D I focus much more on industry and professional production than on consumer electronics and entertainment products that are mass market and targets for domain business.

I will continue writing some more about what the f... will happen with listed domains,
have to leave studio now...

Philipp
Welcome to NamePros, Philipphh!

Looking forward to your professional input/insight on the topic of 3d.

•••
yes welcome , it will be good to hear from someone with a technical viewpoint for the future of 3d

•••
I think he registered the domains for possible use by himself/his company.
These are not domains that have the potential to be resold IMO.

•••
Welcome Philipp, looking forward to hearing your opinions. Nice to hear it from a different angle.

Giles

•••
That's the point: absolutely nothing is impressive in that list !
[.......]
One question to you pros : Had you published such a list when your plans were selling ?

Best regards
Philipp

While I make my living online, I would not go so far as to calling myself a domain "pro", but to anwer your question (as I think I understand it).

Yes, some people list all of their domains for sale on a website.
While, others, prefer to only list a few at a time... or even just the one that is for sale Now.

Generally, speaking... most people Do Not list them all in a discussion thread. But its allright, on threads that ask members to list their names -in a given field. Though a link to a website, where all the names are listed, if often better form, IMO.

Welcome!

•••
•••
Well, let's see how many actually sell. There are only three of those with active bids, and two of those have bids of $0.01

There is a gap between 3D domain enthusiasts and reality.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
FunkyMark - only a madman would buy the sony name ,

$20,000 for 3dking.me ?????????????/

last 3d thread got closed down because of 'self promotion'

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Yeah, and it is only a matter of time until this thread follows.

Brad

only a madman would buy the sony name ,

$20,000 for 3dking.me ?????????????/

last 3d thread got closed down because of 'self promotion'

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back