IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3DPrintingShop.com (from DNJ)
$3,354

Last edited:
•••
video3d.png

.com

•••
Wow, my friend, you've really whittled down your inventory over the years! (I seem to recall you had quite an extensive collection....) At least your "keepers" are both gems...

I'm still holding a few "good 'uns," including:

3Dpay
3DFood
3Dcall
School3D
3Dfood
Hotel3D

Yeah, you still got some great names there, I really like School3D and Hotel3D. I ended up letting most of them drop, I sold 3DChannel.com and a couple of others but not a lot of them.

I just checked and have these 2 as well.

Touch3D.com (probably my favourite name and I cant let it go)
3DPrintCo.com

•••
I only have one.....

3D Printing Cloud / com

Cloud based 3D printing is big and only going to get bigger......imo

https://www.manufacturingglobal.com...llide-changing-face-small-scale-manufacturing

Agree that 3D Printing has a future, but there's been so much 3dhype, and so many 3domains ;)

Still have a lot of related terms in the desktop manufacturing / resin / *print(ing) field, but this thread is only about the literal 3D thing, so I won't mention the exact names here.

•••
Not sure if this has been noted (Not my sale):

Dream3D.com at $9,000

(Per DNjournal.com)

•••
•••
Welcome Isac, I wouldn't just drop it because I 'thought' the term is fading, its just my opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, your domain could be worth thousands to the right person. FWIW I am 'trying' to look to future tech domains/terms that perhaps will hold some value down the line, I'm just not too sure that anything 3d related can be hand regged now that would hold any kind of value.

•••
Ive only got a couple of 3D names left

Sport3D.com
Shopping3D.com

Wow, my friend, you've really whittled down your inventory over the years! (I seem to recall you had quite an extensive collection....) At least your "keepers" are both gems...

I'm still holding a few "good 'uns," including:

3Dpay
3DFood
3Dcall
School3D
3Dfood
Hotel3D

•••
•••
GILES!!! good to see you still holding some 3d names buddy :)
i still have a few myself.

• 3dEvents.com
• 3dHolographics.com
• 3dInteraction.com
• Arizona3d.com

• 3dReplications.com
• 3dCloning.com

• 3dPrintingOnline.com

• 18003dPrint.com
• 18003dPrinting.com

• D3Printing.com

Holo is my main hold though.

Hey mate, you still got some nice names there, a few more than I have left :xf.smile:

Even my holo names have been drastically reduced, I have a few like eHolo.com, HoloSnooker.com, HoloTraining.com and few others

•••
Not my sale

3DLifestyle.com
$6,900

•••

It's SO easy to get caught up in the moment. Three years ago, I got caught up in etv domains. It wasn't even a fad, but I thought for sure that something was going to come of it, and I ended up regging about 200 of them (I have about three left from that frenzy, etvfeed and one that verges on a BIG TM, App + etv--I was so focused on the etv part that I didn't even realize it until a lot later--and Appsetv). It was a tough lesson to learn; I was a total newb who knew nothing about the numbers associated with domaining.

My point is, I tend to be more careful now. I do check out 3D on the aftermarket, and if I find one that looks really good, I'll bid on it (but not too high--haven't got an aftermarket one yet) or if I'm not sure, I'll wait until it drops and, if possible, pick it up for reg fee. If I don't get it, no worries. Domains are like trains; if you miss one, you can always catch the next one.

The problem is, for those of us who have impulse issues, the chase is half the fun, the "getting" part is almost a letdown, the time when we start second guessing ourselves.

Domaining IS fun, but it's also a business in which one can lose a lot of money. Any one of the .com 3D domains listed here could hit the big time, even an oddball name like 3Dbald. Who would ever think that Chat Roulette would be the big deal that it is and that CamRoulette would follow its coat tail and sell for the low six figures?

But understand this: with 3D domains, we are engaged in a form of gambling, and most of us will likely lose. But let's not make it such a big loss that we have to sell our homes or cars or keep food from our families' mouths.

JMHO.

:)

•••
... i'm sorry ms domainer and miss chif - no disresepct intended...
... but i think you're both being just a bit too sensitive about this right now.

Just something to consider.

There is nothing to consider, imho. It is against forum rules to post link to adult sites outside adult subforum. If you wish to discuss adult domains, you have adult subforum. If you dont like NP forum rules, you can always find another forum you'll like. This is not democracy, this forum is in private ownership and its owner can make any rules he/she wants :)

Lets stay on 3D track... Gamez3d was not bad buy, imho. I saw it droped 9. this month, and was about to register it, but spent too much money on NJ/tdnam. I am sure you'll be able to flip it for at least $100. I have couple domains ending with Z instead of S and I am happy with them - I got some nice offers on one, and another is making very nice revenue as a website.

Last edited:
•••
posted by nametrekker:
I just don't know why people who have invested little or nothing in 3D domains, would come here to bash ---

(+variants by others)

I'm not really trying to bash; I just think that the breathless cheerleading could stand a counterpoint, and in fact virtually any counterpoint to the tide gets decried as "bashing" in this thread.

I have posted available names in this thread (astonishingly, several of those exact match search volume domains with measurable CPC values are still unregistered) as well as talked about the couple of 3D-related names that I own (names I've owned almost ten years) and tried to give a realistic slant on such completely outer-limits statements as "3D is in its infancy." 3D is going through a resurgence of popularity and interest, and as I have tried to point out a couple of times, if it actually manages to break through this time and become the standard, then the "3D" aspect will no longer be a relevant talking point, making 3D domains irrelevant.

So here are two points that just get ignored by cheerleaders.

COUNTERPOINT ONE: SEMANTICS

This is not my opinion -- this is an observation of how technological terms evolve.

If I say I saw a movie, no one asks me if it was a talkie, or if it was in colour.

If I buy some speakers, no one asks me if they are stereo or mono.

If I buy the new Led Zeppelin album (sadly, no such thing, but just for example) no one is going to ask me whether I bought it on 8-track, LP, casette or CD.

When I give out my phone number, no one asks anymore if it's my cell or a landline.

If I say I saw something on the TV no one says "What's that stand for? 'Television?'"

When a technology becomes ubiquitous it becomes invisible. And in the world of domains and search, where semantics are -- kind of important -- this reality of the semantics of technology is worth noting. The slightest change in technology could render many 3D names irrelevant overnight -- and I mean the ones that are not already irrelevant, the 1% or so of the domains posted in this thread that haven't been silly, trivial nonsense that benefited no one but Bob Parsons & colleagues.

COUNTERPOINT TWO: FOOLS TO THE LIONS

Any long, high-view thread is going to serve as inspiration for people just getting into domains. So the endless breathless high-fiving over nonsense domains attracts attention and encourages people new to the business to go piss away their budgets on more nonsense domains, which they'll post here and probably get high-fived for, but which will never amount to anything.

On the flip side to that, don't tell me about what's hot and selling for $1,000 right now -- that just means that some suckers prefer to empty their bank accounts all at once instead of $9 at a time. You guys who are getting good prices for names that key into tech that doesn't even exist, or decent 3D-related keywords on garabge TLDs etc. -- congratulations, and I mean that. I'm glad you're making money. But they aren't "good domains." They're "timely domains" which you pushed off on the greater fool. A domain with no future is not a good domain; it's a coin toss and if it comes up $ then that's great, but don't read trends into coin tosses. Even if it comes up heads five times in a row, it ain't a trend. It's just chance and it stays the same each try.

And that's not bashing -- that is a sincere voice of skepticism and common sense investing, happy for those of you who are making a little cash at 3D domains, but hopefully keeping at least one person out of the thousands who have read this thread from going overboard and regging 3Ddomains4Dummies.mobi and thinking he's finally found the secret to success.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your ride on the 3D train, and hope that at least some of you are keen enough watchers to hop off of it before it derails.

Frank

•••
Good ones Manu. I think I might have been checking out your site when I thought of these:

3D CRUSH
CRUSH 3D

.com

site full of gems :)

•••
AR3Ds.com
Agency3D.com
BioPrinting3D.com
3DEU.com
3DPrescription.com

& The Best one I have Got, I feel slightly happy owning it.

3DCinemas.com

•••
Footwear3D

Adidas’ latest 3D-printed shoe puts mass production within sight

Adidas unveiled their latest 3D-printed shoe last night, the Futurecraft 4D. The shoe is a huge improvement on their last 3D-printed runners, which were more of a concept than an actual product.

The new version is better suited for mass production – Adidas plans on selling 5,000 pairs this upcoming fall, which will scale up to more than 100,000 pairs by the end of 2018. While the company hasn’t announced the price, expect the first run to still be priced as a limited edition shoe. The first 3D runners retailed for $333, but sold secondhand for many times that.

Read more: https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/07/adidas-latest-3d-printed-shoe-puts-mass-production-within-sight/

•••
Footwear3D

Adidas unveiled their latest 3D-printed shoe last night, the Futurecraft 4D. The shoe is a huge improvement on their last 3D-printed runners, which were more of a concept than an actual product.

The new version is better suited for mass production – Adidas plans on selling 5,000 pairs this upcoming fall, which will scale up to more than 100,000 pairs by the end of 2018. While the company hasn’t announced the price, expect the first run to still be priced as a limited edition shoe. The first 3D runners retailed for $333, but sold secondhand for many times that.

Read more: https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/07/adidas-latest-3d-printed-shoe-puts-mass-production-within-sight/
Still got:

3DPrintedShoes/net
3DPrintableShoes/com
3DPrintedShoes/co.uk

•••
Footwear3D

Sold 3DShoe.com for $2k several years ago. Pretty sure I could have gotten at least 10k from the buyer.

•••
Sale by others
3d-model.com - $4,446

•••
•••
Hmmmmm... Seems like things have been pretty slow on this thread for quite a while... A little news for 3D:

fly3d.com $7,000 Per DNjournal (Not my sale, but I think the owner is lurking here somewhere...)

As I previously noted in the sales thread:

3D Bible / com $6860 at Afternic (This one was mine...)

Methinks a 3D renaissance is in the making? (Time will tell...:xf.wink:)

Last edited:
•••
Hmmmmm... Seems like things have been pretty slow on this thread for quite a while... A little news for 3D:

fly3d.com $7,000 Per DNjournal (Not my sale, but I think the owner is lurking here somewhere...)

As I previously noted in the sales thread:

3D Bible / com $6860 at Afternic (This one was mine...)

Methinks a 3D renaissance is in the making? (Time will tell...:xf.wink:)

Thanks mate, those are nice sales :xf.smile:

•••
Not my sale

Gen3D.com
$4,800 USD

•••
my 3d list:

3DDanceFloor.com
3DMovieUpload.com
3DMusikVideos.com
3DOnlineFilm.com
3DPopularMovies.com
3DRealityGame.com
3DSurvival.com
Digital3DPictures.com

:)

I haven't been in here since this new 3D thread started.
I guess I wanted to see what direction it would take before Posting.
I wasn't sure of the new 3D thread rules, and surely didn't want MisChiff to give me a spanking for doing anything bad, well....maybe??? lol

Hey Ronald,
I really think 3D Movie Upload is a great domain!
I wish you the best with it.

Oh, and Giles,
Another great pick-up!
Shopping3D.com!
Yeah it could have been better w/the 3D in the front, but that is the best 3D shopping type of domain we have seen.
I really think you will have a busy year this year.
BTW, If you need a hand counting your money, I'm available, :)

I saw a show on Google recently, and they had a team of creators who are creating "Apps" on a daily basis.
Well with the success of Ipods and their apps also, I figured I would grab a few 3D Apps domains.
I hope they will become relevant within this year.???

3DMovieApp.com
3DMovieApps.com
3DgameApp.com
3DGameApps.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back