Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
This means:

Please don't copy my hugelist of random 3d names over and over because I didn't actually register them?

Just wondering

so there is a lot of work to do on bringing them to life as websites...

So why did you post them then, and why did you say this??? This to me, implies you are going to develop the names, which means you registered them??

Im lost sorry....

•••
so there is a lot of work to do on bringing them to life as websites...QUOTE]

that is a staggeringly high amount of annual renewals.And how dyou develop 1 3D site, never mind all the above? And im also trying very hard to understand the reasoning behind all those regges.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Maybe you can explain why that list is impressive.......

The cost of registrations and subsequent renewals of that generally unimpressive list is,well, unbelievable.

Could have gone in to the market and bought some pretty good 3D names as I am sure a few people would be happy to take a handsome profit. GC has been tapping that market.

But, simply my opinion.

•••
my 3d list:

3DDanceFloor.com
3DMovieUpload.com
3DMusikVideos.com
3DOnlineFilm.com
3DPopularMovies.com
3DRealityGame.com
3DSurvival.com
Digital3DPictures.com

:)

•••
my 3d list:

3DDanceFloor.com
3DMovieUpload.com
3DMusikVideos.com
3DOnlineFilm.com
3DPopularMovies.com
3DRealityGame.com
3DSurvival.com
Digital3DPictures.com

:)

I haven't been in here since this new 3D thread started.
I guess I wanted to see what direction it would take before Posting.
I wasn't sure of the new 3D thread rules, and surely didn't want MisChiff to give me a spanking for doing anything bad, well....maybe??? lol

Hey Ronald,
I really think 3D Movie Upload is a great domain!
I wish you the best with it.

Oh, and Giles,
Another great pick-up!
Shopping3D.com!
Yeah it could have been better w/the 3D in the front, but that is the best 3D shopping type of domain we have seen.
I really think you will have a busy year this year.
BTW, If you need a hand counting your money, I'm available, :)

I saw a show on Google recently, and they had a team of creators who are creating "Apps" on a daily basis.
Well with the success of Ipods and their apps also, I figured I would grab a few 3D Apps domains.
I hope they will become relevant within this year.???

3DMovieApp.com
3DMovieApps.com
3DgameApp.com
3DGameApps.com

•••
•••
Looks like nothing has changed since the previous thread.

•••
•••
These are my domains

3DLAPTOPS.ORG
3DMP5.COM
3DWIDESCREENTV.COM
3DPLASMATV.NET
3DMOBILEPHONE.NET
3DMONITORGLASSES.COM
3DANAGLYPHGLASSES.COM
ANAGLYPHGLASSES.CO.UK
3DPAYASYOUGOMOBILE.COM
3DCONTRACTPHONE.COM
3DPAYASYOUGOMOBILEPHONE.COM
3DPAYASYOUGO.COM
3DPAYASYOUGOPHONES.COM
3DPAYASYOUGOMOBILEPHONES.COM
3DPREPAIDCELLPHONES.COM
3DPREPAIDPHONES.COM
3DCONTRACTPHONES.COM
WEBCAMERA3D.COM
WEBCAMERAS3D.COM
3DREMOTECONTROL.COM

Last edited:
•••
Not at all... Wasn't commenting on the quality, but more the quantity. I think the "context" was lost in translation. I used the word " impressive" in place of "big", but meant the same thing. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused you. You are welcome to pm me if you find yourself confused about any of my other posts.

Cheers!

You are right, I shouldn't have teased.

But nice come back though!!:blink:

•••
•••
•••
•••
I went a different direction and registered two Chinese names.

sanweidianshi.com (3d Television)
sanweitv.com

San Wei= 3d in Chinese

•••
•••
now is the time to either spend a bit more in the aftermarket or consider idns because any further regs will be a waste of time .....this well is empty

already most of the japanese idns are gone

i was happy to get 三次元.jp (3d / three dimensional)

•••
I went a different direction and registered two Chinese names.

sanweidianshi.com (3d Television)
sanweitv.com

San Wei= 3d in Chinese

I thought 三D was 3D in Chinese (And Japanese i think), your names are pinyin 拼音 :?

•••
3DAD.mobi

Here's one I picked up for mobile marketing: 3DAd.mobi

Check out how Nike used 3D in their mobile marketing campaign.

Excerpt: - To promote the launch of it’s T90 soccer shoe Nike is targeting teens in Hong Kong with a mobile 3D advertising campaign. Throughout Nike flagship stores and at MTR subway stations there are a series of hidden mobile codes. Once the consumer finds the marker, they take a picture of the 3D marker which results in them receiving an image of a Nike soccer shoe and ball on their screen and reveals a special code unique to that location.

User Interactivity: The code can then be texted in and the consumer receives a text back with the location of another secret location. Texts also count towards a Nike competition, the more codes collected the higher the chance of winning Nike merchandise. The codes also invite users to download an application that allows viewing of the T90 shoe in every angle.

Last edited:
•••
The extra cost of 3D admission is the only reason why Avatar and Alice broke records. There isn't necessarily a greater interest in these movies themselves. Just a willingness by those interested to pay extra for a new viewing expirence. It remains to be seen if moviegoers are going to cry foul at these high ticket prices when the wow factor of 3D is no longer there.

I am growing more skeptical of 3DTVs. The glasses IMO are the achilles heel.
Dude, you are skeptical of everything. Technology is coming whether you like it or not.

•••
wot, you're right.
The names I chose were pinyin. I decided to stay away from Chinese characters.

•••
now is the time to either spend a bit more in the aftermarket or consider idns because any further regs will be a waste of time .....this well is empty

Not quite. Last night I climbed down into the well and got a drink. And I'm a picky 3D drinker, as this just makes 8.

3DTimeMachine.com

The name will make a nice platform for historical and futuristic adventures, et al.

But the mans' right, the well is virtually empty so I don't want to ignite "the madness of crowds".

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1852)
Charles Mackay (1814-1889)​

Note: Charles Mackay coined the term "bubble" when he wrote this book, which is now in the public domain and available to read Free at: Mackay, Charles, Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds | Library of Economics and Liberty

Its a great read. I highly recommend it. He covers eveything from the "Modern Prophecies" to "The Tulipomania"... where during the Tulip Bubble people "bought and sold tulip bulbs and even futures contracts on them..." to the point where "some tulip bulb varieties briefly became the most expensive objects in the world during 1637."

-eye-

•••
Not quite. Last night I climbed down into the well and got a drink. And I'm a picky 3D drinker, as this just makes 8.

3DTimeMachine.com

The name will make a nice platform for historical and futuristic adventures, et al.

But the mans' right, the well is virtually empty so I don't want to ignite "the madness of crowds".

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1852)
Charles Mackay (1814-1889)​

Note: Charles Mackay coined the term "bubble" when he wrote this book, which is now in the public domain and available to read Free at: Mackay, Charles, Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds | Library of Economics and Liberty

Its a great read. I highly recommend it. He covers eveything from the "Modern Prophecies" to "The Tulipomania"... where during the Tulip Bubble people "bought and sold tulip bulbs and even futures contracts on them..." to the point where "some tulip bulb varieties briefly became the most expensive objects in the world during 1637."

-eye-

if only you could go back in your time machine and get 3dgames and 3d movies plus 3dtv !

I also have 三次元映画.com .......3d movies in japanese

I did contact the register and asked if i can mix languages , the reply was yes , so i have a few with 3d plus japanese , they are actually looking for 3d in their searches more than 三次元

•••
wot, you're right.
The names I chose were pinyin. I decided to stay away from Chinese characters.

Why, with IDN about to become mainstream?

•••
•••
Why, with IDN about to become mainstream?

Yeah, and the asian market is allway's high on new techs!
I don't play with them yet: too scared to take wong names... :( lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back