IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
G'day Dave. I forgot to thank you for your good input re: country codes. As far as i can determine, i regged the last 3 remaining.

Only one today:-

COM
3DKEITAI

KEITAI is Japanese for cell phones.

Here you go 3DAus.com, available - better than a country code?

I thought 携帯電話 was Japanese for cellphones?

•••
3D.com

Registrant:
Network Solutions, LLC
ATTN 3D.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA. US 18222

Domain Name: 3D.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Network Solutions, LLC

ATTN 3D.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

Record expires on 01-Dec-2015.
Record created on 26-Feb-2004.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS39.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.20
NS40.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.20

WoW! no brainer lol!!

•••
A hundred dollars a name would be a bargain for most of my names even at this early stage.
So you perceive the portfolio to have a minimum value of $60,000.

I would be curious to know what you think your total sales figure will be.

•••
In the real world I work for XXXX earning £xxx a day

BORING. It would be refreshing if people could stop trying to impress me with their "real life" job.

Jenna Jameson makes more than all of you put together - perhaps I should ask her about 3d domains.

•••
So you perceive the portfolio to have a minimum value of $60,000.

I would be curious to know what you think your total sales figure will be.

Interesting this one.

Back in 2005 I guestimated the value of my .co.in/.in portfolio was worth $300K + and was of course laughed at. Sales to date are not far off that figure and I still have some very premium names. There were and are very diversified and generally of high quality single words top keywords.

Domaining is a strange world and you never know. However, my take is to have so many names in a limited niche is a recipe for a minor financial disaster.

But,you takes your chance.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

BORING. It would be refreshing if people could stop trying to impress me with their "real life" job.

Jenna Jameson makes more than all of you put together - perhaps I should ask her about 3d domains.

I'm retired and play a lot of golf, swim, go to movies play around with domain names etc. :wave:

•••
Just had a nice sale on a .org 3d domain.
Mid $XXX . It was name that really has no current market and I probally could of held it for a year and made more but was a really nice roi.

The problem I say with all the disagreements is this. The 3d market is TOO early to tell if these investments are good ones or bad. I personally feel they will be good so that is why I have invested some money and it currently is paying off. Until it does or doesn't all the disagreements a moot point.

There are two different type of investors. Conservative or Aggressive. Just like a 401K. Some here are conservative and some are aggressive. Or maybe some are both. People are attacking 3ddomainnames(the User) because he was aggressive in the 3d market. But no one has asked about the rest of his portfolio. He has some excellent names other than 3D.

So if someone has $10k to invest in domain names and they broke it out like a 401K taking 50% of that money and buying conservative names that are safe and will be marketable, and another 50% in fast moving niche names that could be huge or tank it is no different.

There is nothing wrong with that business outlook. For people to attack someone for being aggressive in the domain business is ridiculous. All domainers should welcome it. It makes this business that we are all in viable. Everyone is different. Accept them and move on.

•••
i think the main point is that some sales are bring achieved at a time when many other names are not selling.

•••
i think the main point is that some sales are bring achieved at a time when many other names are not selling.

I agree a little bit with everybody..:D

And I cannot wait until 3DCheerleader.com becomes a reality...I know I own the domain name and everything but hey...what a screensaver :tu:

•••
3dsolarphone.com
Not sure if a good reg or not

•••
I have also one "risky" domain" but you never know :D

3dgamingphone.com

3dsolarphone.com
Not sure if a good reg or not

•••
Just looked on afternic about 1300 3d names listed not alot of bids
Bit of a reality check for me anyway.Alot of them have ridiculous min
offer though.

•••
latest regs are 3dwebdeveloping.com and 3dwebdesign.us.

•••
just sold

3DCELLPHONES.ORG FOR 450.00 USD = 294.480 GBP

•••
•••
•••
Here you go 3DAus.com, available - better than a country code?

I thought 携帯電話 was Japanese for cellphones?
3daus avail? Not anymore. Both 3daus and aus3d are gone now. I was toying over those but looks like your info may have prompted a couple of aussies to reg them. My fault, a case of the quick or the miss out.

Google 5.5 m. Top google results for keitai:- In Japanese, mobile phones are called keitai denwa (携帯電話) and are often known simply as keitai....

Last edited:
•••
Even if 3D Cellphones become very popular, that is a great sale for a product related .ORG

Brad

just sold

3DCELLPHONES.ORG FOR 450.00 USD = 294.480 GBP

•••
Agree, I would avoid .org for anything strictly commercial.

PS: congrats anyway

•••
yes well done in deed.
Wondering if 3dcellph.com would fetch a similar price or is ph instead of phones not near as good.

•••
Wondering if 3dcellph.com would fetch a similar price or is ph instead of phones not near as good.

I'll go on the record & say that ph instead of phones is not near as good, even with a .com!

•••
Here is your answer.

Results 1 - 10 of about 28,200 for "3d cell phones"
Results 1 - 5 of 5 for "3d cell ph"

"3D Mobile Phone" is a more popular term than "3D Cell Phone" yet 3DMobilePh.com is available to reg.

I don't see any value now or ever for 3DCellPh.com

Brad

yes well done in deed.

•••
Agree, I would avoid .org for anything strictly commercial.

PS: congrats anyway

Opinions of my 3DFootball.org. Thinking of selling this one early on..

•••
Opinions of my 3DFootball.org. Thinking of selling this one early on..
Talking about football, i have 3dafl com. AFL is australian football league and of course is huge in oz. About 15m google. Hopefully a promising name.

•••
3daus avail? Not anymore. Both 3daus and aus3d are gone now. I was toying over those but looks like your info may have prompted a couple of aussies to reg them. My fault, a case of the quick or the miss out.

Google 5.5 m. Top google results for keitai:- In Japanese, mobile phones are called keitai denwa (携帯電話) and are often known simply as keitai....

3dGer.com, 3DDeu.com, 3DIta.com (.net taken)loads out there if that's what's wanted.

BTW- keitai denwa I get only 33,00 Google?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back