NameSilo

discuss Thank you Radix, NamesCon(.)Online and NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Anyone here go to the NamesCon Online conference? While I didn't, I plan to go later because it was virtually online. So why would I be thanking Radix? Because Radix is the registry behind the extension .online.

Here is what the good folks at NamesCon said about Radix;

"The Right Extension for the Right Message"

NamesCon also said this;

"the .online extension remains a total no-brainer for us! We love .online because it both conveys and strengthens our message: it’s easy to remember, simple to share, and powerful in its storytelling. This is what a domain name is supposed to do, after all.

So thank you again, Radix, for helping us smoothly transition NamesCon from offline to .online!"

While nothing is in concrete, I'm looking to partner in some capacity with the fastest growing new gTLD in the world. I see .online as serious competition for the millions of .com domains hiding in the wine cellar just collecting dust because the average business consumer just can't afford them. Someone, not me, but I agree there are literally BILLIONS of dollars of perfectly good domains in the cellar that an even better extension is ready to replace.

Finally I want to thank NamePros for giving me a voice and letting me share my opinions with thousands of domainers the world over.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
700 names would take you around 30 years to sell at 2 per month, which would be amazing volume sales for a currently dead extension of 50 sales per year.
Granted, you'd have millions at even the average $3.5K current sales price, but this is absolutely all entirely speculation and theory at this point.

So, how about we cut the BS and tell us some stats? How many .online domains have you sold? How many for at least the yearly renewal cost of your portfolio? It's great your neighbour or business over the road bought a .online domain, but for how much? Reg fee? $200?

We can debate this forever, but facts always speak for themselves. Sure your sales may come next year or the year after, but I am genuinely curious what, if, you are selling :)

When pushed for actual details Bulloney will just go on about how great he is, or some people he knows, or unrelated anecdotes.

He has been talking about what he is going to do for years now. We are all still waiting...

Brad

Last edited:
•••
admire enthusiasm and passion, thatnameguy.

We’ll see if .WEB even launches :xf.smile:
(Be on the lookout)
Did Verisign buy .WEB to protect its .com?
Maybe wont have to worry about .web after all!

Good Morning Samer....it's hard for me to keep up with everything, but I'd forgotten that Verisign® had purchased .WEB. Ever since Jeannie McPherson wrote the industry hit piece titled;

"How Much Could Businesses and Consumers Save if the Benefit of .COM Price Caps were Passed Along to Consumers?"

"Hint: It's at least $1 Billion Every Year"

Samer, this hit piece went over the "average" domainers head, but it didn't mine. It only supported what I knew all along about the unregulated secondary market aka "aftermarket". I can cut and paste the article again for you, but I'm unable to post a link.

In Jeannie's hit piece she slams the likes of Huge Domains and even Go Daddy who controls at least 20% of the aftermarket. How do I know this? As a former licensed investigator in the Commonwealth of Virginia, I make it my business to know this. Jeannie goes on to shake down Frank Shilling who she accuses of warehousing aka "hoarding" domains to create scarcity that allows those engaged in this practice to enrich themselves at the expense of consumers and business.

Samer....while i don't own it yet, I was hoping to pick up the domain Whistleblower.online for reasons you might understand now that you know more of the story.

Thanks for contributing Samer, and if you would like to learn/hear the rest of the story or would like to get in on the ground floor of something pretty big you know how to reachme.online:xf.smile:

•••
700 names would take you around 30 years to sell at 2 per month, which would be amazing volume sales for a currently dead extension of 50 sales per year.
Granted, you'd have millions at even the average $3.5K current sales price, but this is absolutely all entirely speculation and theory at this point.

So, how about we cut the BS and tell us some stats? How many .online domains have you sold? How many for at least the yearly renewal cost of your portfolio? It's great your neighbour or business over the road bought a .online domain, but for how much? Reg fee? $200?

We can debate this forever, but facts always speak for themselves. Sure your sales may come next year or the year after, but I am genuinely curious what, if, you are selling :)
James Haw....there are just two stats you need to hear from me;

1. One Billion Dollars - the amount Consumers and Businesses could save by taking down the king.COM
Hoard:xf.eek:

2. $349.99 i just paid as the proud new owner of the domain Whistleblower.com or would that be Whistleblower.:xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:, and for just $1 additional,TheWhistleblower.xxxxxx

Last edited:
•••
Could've, would've, should've .....

maybe, possibly.......

billions here.....
millions there......

The only numbers / stats that matter?

Namebio Reported Sales

Total .online sales over $100 = 146
Total .com sales over $100 = 708,562

:xf.rolleyes:

Keep blowing that Trumpet.......:xf.wink:

•••
Following this thread with enthusiasm.
Online is a TLD even for Kings, so it seems.
King /./ Online last sold for $17,250* on 2018-09-20 at Sedo.

*corrected

Last edited:
•••
Following this thread with enthusiasm.
Online is a TLD even for Kings, so it seems.
King /./ Online last sold for $75,134 on 2018-09-20 at Sedo.

Showing the below for me? Am I doing something wrong (again?)

king.online 17,250 USD 2018-09-20

Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-02 KING ONLINE Sales History and Comparable Sales - NameBio.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-02 KING ONLINE Sales History and Comparable Sales - NameBio.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
•••
That's strange, I pasted that sentence, including sales price, directly from NameBio (75K), but now it says 17K indeed :)

Cc @Michael

@NickB No, it wasn't directly related to what you were posting.

Last edited:
•••
That's strange, I pasted that sentence, including sales price, directly from NameBio (75K), but now it says 17K indeed :)
This happened to me a few weeks ago and someone told me that when you copy and paste the info from Namebio it sometimes mixes the figures up to prevent bots/people from scraping the data

•••
This happened to me a few weeks ago and someone told me that when you copy and paste the info from Namebio it sometimes mixes the figures up to prevent bots/people from scraping the data

Wow, thanks for confirming this. Now That's Unreliable.

Edit: it isn't only while copy/pasting, I saw the wrong price on screen as well.

@Michael Like to chime in?

Last edited:
•••
It's a shame - I understand why, I wanted to do a quick top 10 comparison between .com sales and .online and post here but thought better of it :xf.smile:

Easy enough to check out- says something when the 10th highest recorded .online sale only comes in at 5k

Last edited:
•••
I tell you what would be a really good comparison is how many developed sites there are on in each extension - we all know .com will be higher......but by how much?

end user adoption stats for .online would be nice to see, just don't know where to get the figures from......

•••
I tell you what would be a really good comparison is how many developed sites there are on in each extension - we all know .com will be higher......but by how much?

end user adoption stats for .online would be nice to see, just don't know where to get the figures from......
Whistleblower.online does....he believes Radix has those figures, but I'm not so sure they'd share them with you:xf.wink:

•••
Whistleblower.online does....he believes Radix has those figures, but I'm not so sure they'd share them with you:xf.wink:
I wonder why........

I'm looking around for these figures as I type......I know there is a site that provides this info, someone posted it on Namepros a year or so ago and it has probably been posted a few times and there is always Google :xf.wink:

•••
Not exact numbers but a nice % breakdown......

.com is used as top level domain by 52% of all the websites.
.online comes in at..... 0.2%

https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/top_level_domain

Also.......

The latest Info I could find for total domain registrations is Q3 from last year...

The Verisign Domain Name Industry Brief

https://www.verisign.com/en_US/domain-names/dnib/index.xhtml?section=new-gtlds

.online stats not looking good - though you have probably bumped the figures up a bit :xf.wink:

•••

Edit: it isn't only while copy/pasting, I saw the wrong price on screen as well.

@Michael Like to chime in?
Future Sensors....interesting that you would ask @Michael to chime in. For those of you who don't know Michael Sumner, he's the CEO of Namebio and also owns and operates a few GEO domains like Annapolis.com and OceanCity.com. As an fyi, I happened to notice when I was reviewing the the 146 domains that sold for .online, I saw some strange German sounding names like Vienerschnitzel.online. Upon further review I learned they were the names of towns, cities etc. Thus Michael will be proud when he learns that I just registered a few names like; CollegePark.xxxxxx, SilverSpring.xxxxxx, GlenBurnie.xxxxxx, Hagerstown.xxxxxx and EllicotCity.xxxxxx. Personally I believe the .online extension is a perfect fit for these kinds of names, but what do I know:xf.smile:

Michael....you either ignored my request to connect with you or you just didn't want to for some reason? I know I reached out to you several times. However, I'd like to thank you and Namebio for what you do. GoTerps☺xxxxxx

•••
I wonder why........

I'm looking around for these figures as I type......I know there is a site that provides this info, someone posted it on Namepros a year or so ago and it has probably been posted a few times and there is always Google :xf.wink:
Here's another stat I care about right off the press;

Today's figures;

.icu -153,035
.xyz -14,689
.top - 92,329
.online + 45

For those who don't understand the above stats, #1 .icu lost 153,035 registrants #2 .xyz lost 14,689 registrants, #3 lost 92,329 registrants, #4 gained 45 registrants....maybe the 45 regs i did yesterday:xf.wink:

Anyone need additional info? I'm happy to share(y)

•••
Those are some very vague statements you're asking me to agree with. I find the industry makes a lot of sense... at least as much as any other financial or commodity market. Supply/demand, risk/reward, buy low/sell high... all the usual stuff.

Can we narrow it down to one specific thing? What specifically is it about the domain name industry that you think provides you with an opportunity to make a lot of money selling .online names?
Simple answer; NO!

•••
Simple answer; NO!
It's just more of the same then... Why bother starting these threads if you're not going to get into details? Either share fully or keep it to yourself. If your idea has merit, you're putting yourself in a much worse financial position by getting other people to buy in.

Last edited:
•••
It's just more of the same then... Why bother starting these threads if you're not going to get into details? Either share fully or keep it to yourself. If your idea has merit, you're putting yourself in a much worse financial position by getting other people to buy in.
Oh....as for "details" have you seen the numbers/figures I just shared with NickB about .online being the fastest growing gTLD in the world right now? We all have an agenda, and my agenda is to share with anyone who will listen what I believe to be a good and reasonable investment. Now I'll share with you and anyone following this the last 6 exact match .com examples of the .xxxxxx domains I registered this am. I'm also providing for anyone following GD's valuation next to each one. If you're unable to follow please speak up.

MortgageFinance.com - $11,984
MortgageLending.com - $12,946
LoanRefi.com - $3,516
MortgageRefinance.com - $19,080
MortgageRefi.com - $7,742
GreatHomes.com $13,056

and just for the record I also registered;

AppBank.com equivalent
AppleBank.com equivalent

If you care at all and have an interest in why i'm investing (not gambling) in these names I'd recommend you check to see if any of these businesses do "online" banking, and as for GreatHomes.com I'd suggest you look into whether there are any pure play online real estate businesses like Homes.com that transact all their business "online" Hint, i happen to know personally the owners and founders of Homes.com. I'm sure my critic's will accuse me of being a crook because I told you that, but just remember, they have an agenda too and it's not at all in your or my best interest. This is the reason I spent $349.99 today to own the exact match Whistleblower.xxxxxx domain that matches to;

Whistleblower.com - where GoDaddy's valuation is $25,000+ Estibot's Valuation is $58,000 and NameWorth's valuation is $1,250,000 yes, 1.25M.

btw, I didn't buy the Whistleblower domain to resell it, but rather to use it as a tool to correct a HUGE injustice that's been occurring in this industry way too long.

•••
Oh....as for "details" have you seen the numbers/figures I just shared with NickB about .online being the fastest growing gTLD in the world right now?
Those aren't details. It's a vague and potentially biased statement. You can't just say it's the fastest growing gTLD. That's an example of making the numbers say whatever you want. You need to be specific:
  • Fastest growing over what period of time?
  • Fastest growing by volume owned, or by percentage increase in ownership?
  • How do you define "fastest growing"? Is it based on # of registrations, # of aftermarket sales, # of developed sites, or something else?
If you care at all and have an interest in why i'm investing (not gambling) in these names I'd recommend you check to see if any of these businesses do "online" banking, and as for GreatHomes.com I'd suggest you look into whether there are any pure play online real estate businesses like Homes.com that transact all their business "online"
Everyone does online banking. There's no correlation between online banking activities and the .online extension, unless you can show us a data driven correlation.

There's also no correlation between online business transactions and the .online extension.

You're making tenuous links between the real world and domain extensions, and there simply isn't any evidence to support them. You may as well register 700 .bike domains because 94% of adults can ride a bike... or 700 .men domains because there are almost 4 billion males in the world.

•••
Those aren't details. It's a vague and potentially biased statement. You can't just say it's the fastest growing gTLD. That's an example of making the numbers say whatever you want. You need to be specific:
  • Fastest growing over what period of time?
  • Fastest growing by volume owned, or by percentage increase in ownership?
  • How do you define "fastest growing"? Is it based on # of registrations, # of aftermarket sales, # of developed sites, or something else?

Everyone does online banking. There's no correlation between online banking activities and the .online extension, unless you can show us a data driven correlation.

There's also no correlation between online business transactions and the .online extension.

You're making tenuous links between the real world and domain extensions, and there simply isn't any evidence to support them. You may as well register 700 .bike domains because 94% of adults can ride a bike... or 700 .men domains because there are almost 4 billion males in the world.

Thanks for the feed back guys....you know it all:xf.rolleyes: Say, give me a little feed back on the last two regs; SoulFest.xxxxxx and JamFest.xxxxxx. Anyone else following this just go to JamFest.com first and then go to SoulFest.com second. Each of those .COM domains are worth tens of thousands of dollars, but they're not available. The problem? If you can't figure it out, you'll lose a lot of money in life. Have a great day:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feed back guys....you know it all:xf.rolleyes: Say, give me a little feed back on the last two regs; SoulFest.xxxxxx and JamFest.xxxxxx. Anyone else following this just go to JamFest.com first and then go to SoulFest.com second. Each of those .COM domains are worth tens of thousands of dollars. The problem? If you can't figure it out, you'll lose a lot of money in life. Have a great day:xf.smile:
I don't know it all. I actually know very little! That's why we have these discussions.

Tell you what Rich... I'll admit the domain industry is "screwed up" if you can admit that your optimism about .online, .realty, .homes, or any other non .com extension is based on nothing more than your own intuition.

•••
Why have you started to mask your domains?.....

•••
I don't know it all. I actually know very little! That's why we have these discussions.

Tell you what Rich... I'll admit the domain industry is "screwed up" if you can admit that your optimism about .online, .realty, .homes, or any other non .com extension is based on nothing more than your own intuition.
Sure....my optimism and intuition in life is based on a whole lot of things. How do you think Thomas Edison invented the light bulb? How about Henry Ford the automobile? The Wright Brothers the airplane? Alexander Graham Bell the telephone? They probably had a lot of people like you saying "you can't do that" encouraging them even more. Speaking of "more", what do you think of ScoreMore.xxxxxx (just reg'd ten minutes ago)....go ahead and say it...."Scoremore Online",sounds pretty good doesn't it? Especially when the word "score" can mean points, goals, baskets, runs etc. or "score" can mean meet more women if you're a guy, and you're looking to simply "score more". Now you're getting into my head Joe, but my same optimism and intuition applies to .com as well. Sorry, but you just don't get it, or me:xf.frown:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back