IT.COM

discuss Thank you Radix, NamesCon(.)Online and NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Anyone here go to the NamesCon Online conference? While I didn't, I plan to go later because it was virtually online. So why would I be thanking Radix? Because Radix is the registry behind the extension .online.

Here is what the good folks at NamesCon said about Radix;

"The Right Extension for the Right Message"

NamesCon also said this;

"the .online extension remains a total no-brainer for us! We love .online because it both conveys and strengthens our message: it’s easy to remember, simple to share, and powerful in its storytelling. This is what a domain name is supposed to do, after all.

So thank you again, Radix, for helping us smoothly transition NamesCon from offline to .online!"

While nothing is in concrete, I'm looking to partner in some capacity with the fastest growing new gTLD in the world. I see .online as serious competition for the millions of .com domains hiding in the wine cellar just collecting dust because the average business consumer just can't afford them. Someone, not me, but I agree there are literally BILLIONS of dollars of perfectly good domains in the cellar that an even better extension is ready to replace.

Finally I want to thank NamePros for giving me a voice and letting me share my opinions with thousands of domainers the world over.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure....my optimism and intuition in life is based on a whole lot of things. How do you think Thomas Edison invented the light bulb?

He didn't :)

•••
•••
He didn't :)[/QU
What are you going to tell me next that Columbus didn't really discover America? :)

Brad
Thanks Brad...for a buck you could own DiscoverScience.xxxxxx unless I beat you to it. I wonder who's trying to sell DiscoverScience.com online for $44,999. That wouldn't be you would it?

•••
Sure....my optimism and intuition in life is based on a whole lot of things. How do you think Thomas Edison invented the light bulb? How about Henry Ford the automobile? The Wright Brothers the airplane? Alexander Graham Bell the telephone? They probably had a lot of people like you saying "you can't do that" encouraging them even more. Speaking of "more", what do you think of ScoreMore.xxxxxx (just reg'd ten minutes ago)....go ahead and say it...."Scoremore Online",sounds pretty good doesn't it? Especially when the word "score" can mean points, goals, baskets, runs etc. or "score" can mean meet more women if you're a guy, and you're looking to simply "score more". Now you're getting into my head Joe, but my same optimism and intuition applies to .com as well. Sorry, but you just don't get it, or me:xf.frown:
They invented those things by becoming experts in their fields through years of work. And Thomas Edison didn't invent the lightbulb, he just made it better and more affordable. Have you ever read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell? You'd like it.

It's an odd comparison to make though, your investment in the .online extension to the invention of the phone and the car. What is it that you think you're inventing?

•••
They invented those things by becoming experts in their fields through years of work. And Thomas Edison didn't invent the lightbulb, he just made it better and more affordable. Have you ever read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell? You'd like it.

It's an odd comparison to make though, your investment in the .online extension to the invention of the phone and the car. What is it that you think you're inventing?

Yeah it is pretty amusing to compare yourself selling some crappy domain extensions to visionaries in science, business, etc.

Even selling domains in general is not some groundbreaking achievement in humanity.

Real visionaries do visionary things. The people who talk about themselves as visionaries never are.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Your question really doesn't deserve an answer, but i just registered two domains that I know you'll have a huge problem with; DiscoverGod.xxxxxx and DiscoverJesus.xxxxxx in lieu of DiscoverAtheism.xxxxxx. If I offended anyone....TuffPetunias:xf.eek:online.

•••
origin.jpg

•••
Yeah it is pretty amusing to compare yourself selling some crappy domain extensions to visionaries in science, business, etc.

Even selling domains in general is not some groundbreaking achievement in humanity.

Real visionaries do visionary things. The people who talk about themselves as visionaries never are.

Brad
If you say so:ROFL:

•••
•••
Your question really doesn't deserve an answer, but i just registered two domains that I know you'll have a huge problem with; DiscoverGod.xxxxxx and DiscoverJesus.xxxxxx in lieu of DiscoverAtheism.xxxxxx. If I offended anyone....TuffPetunias:xf.eek:online.
It was just on odd link to make... Inventing the lightbulb to registering .online domains.

Why do you think I'd have a problem with you registering names?

•••
@ThatNameGuy

With your optimism, you would be a good broke(r) guy (j/k)

Taking this higher level. I wish you and all domainers good luck in any TLD. Predicting the future is difficult, and as you show, it's not always easy to tell with certainty who invented things in the past.

In the end you're doing this not to convince other members on this forum, but only for yourself (and humanity).

•••
Not quite Future Sensors, I've been both a teacher and mentor all my life. From working with handicap children and Special Olympians to guest lecturing at my local university on entrepreneurship and business start ups. You see, I'm well respected around my town for my contributions to make my home town a better place.

That said, the false accusations and insinuations are the very reason i continue to move forward with my plans to take this industry to new level. Can I do it all by myself.....no, but I have plenty of help on the sidelines. I've started many a business from the ground up and I'm keenly aware of the agenda of a few bad apples who follow me around this message just to dispel anything and everything I say. Now for your benefit and others, I'm going to share a business management exercise called SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) for the new gTLD known as .online. I think you'll find I'm as much about the Weaknesses and Threats as I am about the Strengths and Opportunities.

I'd love to get started on this exercise this evening, but I need to pay attention to a small tax business National 1099, Inc that I started and have owed since 1987, or about the time this whole internet craze got started. Finally, from time to time new thoughts ideas and even names pop into my head so don't be surprised if I pop back in here from time to time in the next several weeks. Don't miss me too much for I love you all:xf.smile:

I'm really looking forward to your SWOT. And maybe even more a BCG Matrix with TLDs.

•••
I'm really looking forward to your SWOT. And maybe even more a BCG Matrix with TLDs.
I plead guilty to not knowing what a BCG Matrix really is, and unfortunately I don't have the time to research it on my own. However, back on topic, I was attempting to buy a .online domain last week when GD's system ran into a technical glitch. So I speak to a GD rep, and she see's the glitch and the problems I was having and tries to help me complete the transaction. Upon my request they open a complaint ticket and here is the email I got back from GD yesterday:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GoDaddy. I am a member of our Advanced Technical Support team and would like to thank you for your patience while we investigated this matter. Your request regarding reservations.online has been directed to our department for review. At this time, we have heard back from the registry. The domain is available for a $500,000 one-time price or may be available for a smaller recurring yearly price from other registrars. If you are interested in the one time price, please contact us and we can move forward with the transaction.

Again, thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact us 24/7 should you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Alex M.
Advanced Technical Support

Folks, this is just one of the reasons why I bought the domain Whistleblower.online. As it turns out Go Daddy and their "aftermarket" division know as Afternic are involved in one of biggest scams/frauds I've ever witnessed. I'm starting to understand why Afternic and Go Daddy have more than an arms length relationship. I'm not sure the legal term for the game GD and other major brokers in the industry are playing, but if it were "usury" a lot of people would be going to jail.

Llike I said i'm keeping this on topic in order to champion consumers and business people the world over. Thank you Verisign for confirming what I already know about this industry.

I'll be back,

The Whistleblower:xf.wink:

•••
I plead guilty to not knowing what a BCG Matrix really is, and unfortunately I don't have the time to research it on my own. However, back on topic, I was attempting to buy a .online domain last week when GD's system ran into a technical glitch. So I speak to a GD rep, and she see's the glitch and the problems I was having and tries to help me complete the transaction. Upon my request they open a complaint ticket and here is the email I got back from GD yesterday:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GoDaddy. I am a member of our Advanced Technical Support team and would like to thank you for your patience while we investigated this matter. Your request regarding reservations.online has been directed to our department for review. At this time, we have heard back from the registry. The domain is available for a $500,000 one-time price or may be available for a smaller recurring yearly price from other registrars. If you are interested in the one time price, please contact us and we can move forward with the transaction.

Again, thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact us 24/7 should you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Alex M.
Advanced Technical Support

Folks, this is just one of the reasons why I bought the domain Whistleblower.online. As it turns out Go Daddy and their "aftermarket" division know as Afternic are involved in one of biggest scams/frauds I've ever witnessed. I'm starting to understand why Afternic and Go Daddy have more than an arms length relationship. I'm not sure the legal term for the game GD and other major brokers in the industry are playing, but if it were "usury" a lot of people would be going to jail.

Llike I said i'm keeping this on topic in order to champion consumers and business people the world over. Thank you Verisign for confirming what I already know about this industry.

I'll be back,

The Whistleblower:xf.wink:
It looks like this one is being held by Radix as a premium registration. I have it listed here for $40K CAD and the same price for renewal. I'm not sure where the 500,000 price came from, but GoDaddy would have no control over the pricing of a registry owned premium name.

Screenshot_20210204-073924_Samsung Internet.jpg

•••
It looks like this one is being held by Radix as a premium registration. I have it listed here for $40K CAD and the same price for renewal. I'm not sure where the 500,000 price came from, but GoDaddy would have no control over the pricing of a registry owned premium name.

Show attachment 181514

When the .online registry itself is the "hoarder"... :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Being online ain't so special anymore.

Thinking you are fighting "hoarding" by buying 700+ .online domains, then finding out the registry itself is "hoarding" domains asking for absurd premiums... :( :( :(

Last edited:
•••
Thinking you are fighting "hoarding" by buying 700+ .online domains, then finding out the registry itself is "hoarding" domains asking for absurd premiums... :( :( :(

Brad...do you get your news online like most everyone else? Here's where i get my;

BankingNews
LiberalNews
MortgageNews
NameNews
PatriotNews

i get all that and more online, and it doesn't cost me a thing. What do you think:xf.wink:

•••
Brad...do you get your news online like most everyone else? Here's where i get my;

BankingNews
LiberalNews
MortgageNews
NameNews
PatriotNews

i get all that and more online, and it doesn't cost me a thing. What do you think:xf.wink:

"Thank you Radix"

They reserved thousands of terms, demanding premium prices for them.

Why are you thanking a domain hoarder?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
honestly.......time and time again we have to go through the motions with @ThatNameGuy

images
I actually think it's great that he keeps looking for ways to make a big splash in the domain industry. He's not afraid to reach out and try to make connections with all the players, and he has had some good ideas for potential collaborations and promotions.

The truth is that if new gTLDs are ever going to really take hold and become an option almost as viable as .com, there will reach a point where there's an explosive increase in sales and registrations, and if/when that time comes then it'll be the early adopters who will be sitting with all the best names. The business of being an early adopter is risky, but the payoff is potentially very big. I think that's what @ThatNameGuy is after.

I'm not a big risk taker myself since all I ever wanted out of this gig was some steady additional income, with a chance to one day own a few really valuable assets. I respect the "go big or go home" approach too, though.

•••
I actually think it's great that he keeps looking for ways to make a big splash in the domain industry. He's not afraid to reach out and try to make connections with all the players, and he has had some good ideas for potential collaborations and promotions.

The truth is that if new gTLDs are ever going to really take hold and become an option almost as viable as .com, there will reach a point where there's an explosive increase in sales and registrations, and if/when that time comes then it'll be the early adopters who will be sitting with all the best names. The business of being an early adopter is risky, but the payoff is potentially very big. I think that's what @ThatNameGuy is after.

I'm not a big risk taker myself since all I ever wanted out of this gig was some steady additional income, with a chance to one day own a few really valuable assets. I respect the "go big or go home" approach too, though.
Ever the diplomat Joe :xf.smile:

I know (edit - think) he is a very good sales person......but it is harmful to people who don't know any better, he seems to have the funds in place where he can take these BIG risks but the majority of new people entering this space could / might of been lulled in by his hype and not have the financial resources to keep doubling down on each extension as an investment which he seems to be doing.....

Is he is really sitting on the best names in these extensions though? I personally don't think so......

He shares nothing but hype, hence the "banging your head against a brick wall" picture - it's good that people question him and keep probing as it offers that counter foil......

Also I am not a huge risk taker, I like a calculated punt now and then but rather in new industry/sector/tech etc etc niches not domain extensions - each to their own.........we will just have to keep banging those heads I suppose

Last edited:
•••
Ever the diplomat Joe :xf.smile:

I know (edit - think) he is a very good sales person......but it is harmful to people who don't know any better, he seems to have the funds in place where he can take these BIG risks but the majority of new people entering this space could / might of been lulled in by his hype and not have the financial resources to keep doubling down on each extension as an investment which he seems to be doing.....

Is he is really sitting on the best names in these extensions though? I personally don't think so......

He shares nothing but hype, hence the "banging your head against a brick wall" picture - it's good that people question him and keep probing as it offers that counter foil......

Also I am not a huge risk taker, I like a calculated punt now and then but rather in new industry/sector/tech etc etc niches not domain extensions - each to their own.........we will just have to keep banging those heads I suppose
I agree, a lot of the .online names I've seen mentioned in this thread are not top tier, so the extension truly would need to emerge as a strong .com competitor (more so than any current gTLDs that exist, new or legacy) for them to have the value needed to warrant the time/money investment.

I have a hunch there are already a few investors making some modest profit off this extension, but they likely keep that success to themselves in order to milk the revenue stream and keep the aftermarket names cheap.

•••
I agree, a lot of the .online names I've seen mentioned in this thread are not top tier, so the extension truly would need to emerge as a strong .com competitor (more so than any current gTLDs that exist, new or legacy) for them to have the value needed to warrant the time/money investment.

I have a hunch there are already a few investors making some modest profit off this extension, but they likely keep that success to themselves in order to milk the revenue stream and keep the aftermarket names cheap.
Say Joe would reservations.online have been top tier if I could have gotten it? btw, you don't know what I own and what I don't own.....NEVER ASSUME anything about anyone, but you might assume I'm able to remove brick walls :xf.rolleyes:

btw, just for your and anyone listening's edification, the left of the dot exact match .com vs .online are valued @ over 8M by GD's valuation tool. I know you and Brad question my investment skills, but that's what I do. I exploit hidden opportunities. Not only do the .com's have an outrageous valuation, most of them are "hoarded" in the cellar. I know what I'm doing is putting pressure on king .com, but that's part of my plan:xf.wink:

I'm sorry if i give the appearance that I know what I'm doing, but somehow the shoe fits.

Last edited:
•••
btw, just for your and anyone listening's edification, the left of the dot exact match .com vs .online are valued @ over 8M by GD's valuation tool.

Who cares what the .COM appraised value is. It is not relevant.
It is like comparing a Ferrari to a Pinto.

.COM is far superior. Automated appraisals are worthless.

Here is a formula to figure out the resale value of a .ONLINE.

Take the appraised value for the .COM, then multiply by 0.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back