NameSilo

Thank you Radix, NamesCon(.)Online and NamePros

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by ThatNameGuy, Jan 31, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Indeed @Joe Nichols

And before this, Verisign "SiteFinder" was just as evil, trying to profit w/ NXDOMAIN substitution (wildcarding) by putting ads on non-existent domains. Glad that SSAC helped to take it down.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

I'm not surprised....I happen to be a "name" expert and have had more experience naming "chit" than most. Imagine my surprise when I learned a few minutes ago that GoDaddyGreed.com and GoDaddyGreed.online were both taken. Again I want to thank NamesCon.online for bringing attention to the fact there really are affordable alternatives to .com.

For every overpriced .com there's an EXACT MATCH .online, but only people in the domain industry like myself are aware of it. When I share with non domainers that names like;

Sex.com
    and
    Sex.online

Insurance.com
    and
    Insurance.online

Voice.com
    and
    Voice.online

Whistleblower.com
    and
    Whistleblower.online

are EXACTLY the same technically, they look at me as if to say...."you have to be kidding"

3. Peak.Domains

Peak.Domains Top Contributor VIP

"Expert" is when you realize that what's on the right of the dot doesn't matter because they're all the same.

"Genius" is when you realize that what's on the left of the dot doesn't matter, either.

Every single domain name is the same.

4. ThatNameGuy

"Greed" is when Go Daddy sells you a domain for $1, then takes it back and tries to sell it to you for $500,000. I'm not even sure "Greed" is the right vernacular:xf.rolleyes:

5. ThatNameGuy

Nick....apparently I inadvertently referred to something with a .online domain because the title of this thread referred NamesCon.online, and it was deleted for some reason? Nick...if it weren't for sales even the .com extension wouldn't be around. If you ask me there's more BS involving .com, when in actuality it matters not whats right of the dot from a pure technical point of view. As such I'm making it my business to educate "end users" and consumers who have been ripped off by the domain industry for years, and this won't be the first time I've been a consumer advocate. Do you want to join me Nick?

6. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

I am 100% knee deep in my site and 2 others in the initial planning stage, I am not actively buying any domains, I am looking at potential new niches for hand regs and trimming down in general this year, while continuing to learn with a view that when the website/s starts to make decent money I will combine the businesses and start buying good quality .com domains and certain .orgs for the long term......with the odd extension punt here and there......

Thats the plan anyway......

Thanks for the offer though.....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  7. ThatNameGuy

Nick.......i project that .com prices will be coming down to more affordable levels now that there's a viable alternative.....education is the key(y)

8. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

We can agree to disagree 🙃

9. ThatNameGuy

I agree:xf.smile:

10. otismo

otismo Established Member

I want to weigh in on this with my initial post which is

I like .online but I like the three letter extension .onl

abbreviation so what three letter extensions rule

I was going to save this for a later post but

I feel the real challenger to .com

is .icu

11. ThatNameGuy

Thanks for weighingin.online:xf.smile: In a survey of 100 consumer/business's, 83% thought .icu stands for "intensive care unit", and not " i see you". If you go to ntldstats.com you'll see how .icu is failing falling like a rock. .com is old, over-hyped, tired and way "overpriced". It's ready for the bone yard:xf.grin:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice