IT.COM

advice Stop lying. No one believes you.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If he is in his early teens, we should forgive him.

Seriously, what a waste of his own (and other people's) time. Also a waste of money by doing it a premium listing.

•••
This guy's comments are like some movie dialogues...
This type of market isn't for the faint of heart. Its for bad ass guys who curse, chew tobacco, and stand in the path of the enemies lines. I guess a bad ass company that wants to stands out from their competitors. To show their company is not something to be messed with.

•••
Strange. Perhaps, it was just a joke to begin with? :P

•••
Offer might be from the appraisal spammer.

•••
that guy is surely high on something!

•••
What a clown. I am sure it's some teen who sits on 4chan or Reddit all day and gets out of reality.

•••
•••
Price of a domain: $9
Listing on Flippa: $350
Painful lesson in domaining (and entertainment value for us): priceless

•••
Reminds me of $1 million dollar domain listings from Ebay.

•••
Well someone did try to bring appraisal scams to his attention but he was either loving to troll or in a parallel reality of his own, where armadillos blossom from pink trees and three-legged unicorns roam over black rainbows...

Still a fun read tho, both listing and comments :lookaround:

•••
Judging by the way he is mislead I am guessing he is around 16-17 years old with daddy's credit card.

•••
Judging by the way he is mislead I am guessing he is around 16-17 years old with daddy's credit card.

That may explain why he doesn't mind spending for Flippa Premium.

•••
•••
•••
I think he misspell that name, ass got 2 SS in it, not one.
That can cost him another 2K, lol.

•••
•••
It was an entertaining read lol...

I'm sure we have all done something silly when we first started domaining and this tops the list for the week lol.

•••
Honestly i feel bad for him. Paying the price of a flippa premium listing, Along with domain which is hardly worth a reg fee. On top of the fact that he is obviously new to the game, and reading further it seems his 25K offer was a scam he believed to be "the real deal". Thats one pricy lesson to learn from one little scam offer.

•••
Honestly i feel bad for him. Paying the price of a flippa premium listing, Along with domain which is hardly worth a reg fee. On top of the fact that he is obviously new to the game, and reading further it seems his 25K offer was a scam he believed to be "the real deal". Thats one pricy lesson to learn from one little scam offer.

I think there is always lessons to learn in domaining. He may have lost a lot of $ from premium listing with Flippa but this might also save him more money in the long term from registering 30+ hand reg domains that would cost him significantly more $.

I agree and also feel for the guy as he is most likely a young guy and new to domaining who fell for a scam and has some type of belief he has hit the jackpot of this hand reg 4 days ago.

It was an entertaining read and I'm sure we all have some sort of story to tell about how bad some of our names were when we first started domaining.

•••
I consistently see people lying about offers on the forums but this one is classic.

https://flippa.com/5533205-3-day-old-domain-name-and-already-an-offer-of-25-k

I think the focus of this thread should be on the first part of the post:

"I consistently see people lying about offers on the forums"

It's a reality that everyone here should learn. EVERYONE on this forum lies. Some more than others and it's important you learn who does and who doesn't. If someone claims they have never lied on this forum that would not be their first lie.

•••
I think the focus of this thread should be on the first part of the post:

"I consistently see people lying about offers on the forums"

It's a reality that everyone here should learn. EVERYONE on this forum lies. Some more than others and it's important you learn who does and who doesn't. If someone claims they have never lied on this forum that would not be their first lie.
Very true. Though to an extent, Sales in and of itself is a form of dishonesty in a way. I mean don't get me wrong its not always the case, however, the fact we as domineers will change the price depending on how much money we know the buyer has, the way we word particular phrases, only show the stats that benefit ones self, and so on. The art of "selling" is really just a really educated very skilled con man. Kinda a sad truth.

•••
•••
I only want to see the 2nd email saying "But you have to order an appraisal first blah blah"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back