NameSilo

advice Stop lying. No one believes you.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a reality that everyone here should learn. EVERYONE on this forum lies. Some more than others and it's important you learn who does and who doesn't. If someone claims they have never lied on this forum that would not be their first lie.

that is not a true statement

a lot of members have no reason to lie

they have no reason to exaggerate about offers,sales, purchases or negotiation tactics and experiences.

for those that are not forthright, who post fake budgets, mention fake offers, practice shill bidding, delve in traffic scams, seo fakers, renege on agreed deals, incomplete web design projects, email phishing scammers, etc, etc.
the truth will come out, one way or another.

imo....

•••
Price of a domain: $9
Listing on Flippa: $350
Painful lesson in domaining (and entertainment value for us): priceless

•••
Don't lump me in with the assholes. I have never and will never lie. TRUE professionals know how damaging lying is to their image.

I

It's a reality that everyone here should learn. EVERYONE on this forum lies. Some more than others and it's important you learn who does and who doesn't.

•••

they have no reason to exaggerate about offers,sales, purchases or negotiation tactics and experiences.

for those that are not forthright, who post fake budgets, mention fake offers, practice shill bidding, delve in traffic scams, seo fakers, renege on agreed deals, incomplete web design projects, email phishing scammers, etc, etc.

imo....

Gotta agree. The business world is small and word soon 'gets around'. Rep is everything and once it's gone that's you're business down the swanee.

I set up a property company in a Eastern European country eight years ago. Developers in this country are renowned for 'ripping people off'. I have seen them come and go by the bucket load. You only need one unhappy client and bang...business over. More so with the ability to use cyberspace to slate a company. Just look at sites like TripAdvisor to see how a business can be affected by a few bad reviews. So why is my company still going ? Simple - I have never ripped anyone off.

A little off thread I know but one thing I do feel strongly about is this. Anyone can register an email address and be anonymous then join a forum. I once had a competitor do this and attack me. I welcome the debating of contentious issues on message boards but keep to the facts. I am against censoring the internet because this could in effect curtail freedom of speech. I do however, feel that the laws of libel should apply just as they would if the comments were published in a leaflet or newsletter. You don't find it very much on NP as it is well moderated. However other well less moderated forums can be very unhappy places to visit.

Have a kool day all ;)

Best,
Paul

•••
This guy's comments are like some movie dialogues...
This type of market isn't for the faint of heart. Its for bad ass guys who curse, chew tobacco, and stand in the path of the enemies lines. I guess a bad ass company that wants to stands out from their competitors. To show their company is not something to be messed with.

•••
If he is in his early teens, we should forgive him.

Seriously, what a waste of his own (and other people's) time. Also a waste of money by doing it a premium listing.

•••
If we think he had received a scam offer, we should educate him. Plus the fact he paid the hefty fees to list, it's sad to see fellow domainers mocking him. Some love it for the dramatic and entertainment value, but we forget that it is at the expense of another fellow domainer, a new one.

I feel we could have been more kind on some of the comments.

•••
......If someone claims they have never lied on this forum that would not be their first lie.

Pardon me? I think you need to speak for yourself and not for me, at the very least.

•••
•••
I think the focus of this thread should be on the first part of the post:

"I consistently see people lying about offers on the forums"

It's a reality that everyone here should learn. EVERYONE on this forum lies. Some more than others and it's important you learn who does and who doesn't. If someone claims they have never lied on this forum that would not be their first lie.
Very true. Though to an extent, Sales in and of itself is a form of dishonesty in a way. I mean don't get me wrong its not always the case, however, the fact we as domineers will change the price depending on how much money we know the buyer has, the way we word particular phrases, only show the stats that benefit ones self, and so on. The art of "selling" is really just a really educated very skilled con man. Kinda a sad truth.

•••
I only want to see the 2nd email saying "But you have to order an appraisal first blah blah"

•••
I don't think much has changed in this industry.

Without pointing fingers, some of the most esteemed and established domainers started out as cybersquatters and only later cleaned up their acts.

Every field has its dirty players, even the medical field.

Most of us do the best we can.

•••
He made a racist remark, I reported the comment.

Ahh, I came back to this thread with popcorn in hand ready for some more entertainment and you went and spoiled it.

•••

imo....

Very well said, thank you.

•••
•••
•••
Honestly i feel bad for him. Paying the price of a flippa premium listing, Along with domain which is hardly worth a reg fee. On top of the fact that he is obviously new to the game, and reading further it seems his 25K offer was a scam he believed to be "the real deal". Thats one pricy lesson to learn from one little scam offer.

I think there is always lessons to learn in domaining. He may have lost a lot of $ from premium listing with Flippa but this might also save him more money in the long term from registering 30+ hand reg domains that would cost him significantly more $.

I agree and also feel for the guy as he is most likely a young guy and new to domaining who fell for a scam and has some type of belief he has hit the jackpot of this hand reg 4 days ago.

It was an entertaining read and I'm sure we all have some sort of story to tell about how bad some of our names were when we first started domaining.

•••
It seems to me, his naivety is laden with honesty in comparison to a lot of domainers who profess to have some degree of knowledge, while being stubborn, not to accept that a good percentage of their names will never find a buyer in their lifetime even at par value. Me included.

•••
100% all such emails are scams. Just letting you know.

Just got one of those today. Great "offer," but directed to some kind of certification. Haven't run into it much. Maybe I'm too new to the game.

•••
@JamesCrew

He claims to have had a $2,500,000 offer. That's a boldfaced lie.

Honestly, I would crucify him if I could. Although, I suspect most of the 70+ comments on his auction came from this page. So I suppose, in a way, I succeeded.

•••
•••
Yeah, @WorldsWorstDomainer is insulting me and pissing me off.I'm a veteran domain investor/flipper, and I don't like being lumped into the assholes on NP. Believe me, I'm not this guy. He may be the 'world's worst domainer,' but the kid shouldn't drag the rest of us under the bus with him.

Pardon me? I think you need to speak for yourself and not for me, at the very least.

•••
EVERYONE on this forum lies. Some more than others and it's important you learn who does and who doesn't. If someone claims they have never lied on this forum that would not be their first lie.

Other than there are clear contradictions here: "Everyone lies" vs "who does and who doesn't"

It should be obvious what this is saying.
I believe everyone lies but not all lies are equal and not all are really dishonest and you should find the members you can trust.

"I am going to develop"
"My web browser crashed and I didn't think the bid happened and when it crashed I decided I didn't want to bid so I'm not paying"
Maybe someone said buy premium listings on Flippa knowing that meant nothing but giving money away.
Maybe someone already got an offer
Most of sales is a management of white lies
"I own no TM"

So everyone has lied but that doesn't make you automatically untrustworthy - I would say that biggie, yourself are probably more trustworthy than other members. I don't know AGAME or Paul enough to comment.

There are members here I would give my credit card to with the pin and KNOW I would not lose a penny. There are people I could give my password to and be safe. These are people I've met ONLY on the forum and not in real life. I can tell you that I've probably still caught them in at least one lie. There are some I would trust children with. I know people on this forum that have trusted me with their hosting passwords because whilst you think I'm a jerk, I'm probably one of the most honest people here (and I admit that have lied about small things, lol).

Then there are some prominent and big members here that I would NOT even trust with a dollar bill.

So, with a healthy dose of cynicism, I believe everyone has lied. If you haven't ? Congratulations on being the most honest person on the forum. You should get a badge or medal or something. (And a dressing down when we catch you later :) )

Yeah, @WorldsWorstDomainer is insulting me and pissing me off.I'm a veteran domain investor/flipper, and I don't like being lumped into the assholes on NP. Believe me, I'm not this guy. He may be the 'world's worst domainer,' but the kid shouldn't drag the rest of us under the bus with him.

To claim you never lie is ridiculous. I would think that calling NP members "assholes" is worse than me calling them "liars" :) {but I assume you mean dishonest liars because I'm not a literalist}. The point is that some lies are ok... some aren't .. people need to figure out who's spinning what lies and what they mean.

Last edited:
•••
Offer might be from the appraisal spammer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back