Domain Empire

advice Stop lying. No one believes you.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Other than there are clear contradictions here: "Everyone lies" vs "who does and who doesn't"

It should be obvious what this is saying.
I believe everyone lies but not all lies are equal and not all are really dishonest and you should find the members you can trust.

"I am going to develop"
"My web browser crashed and I didn't think the bid happened and when it crashed I decided I didn't want to bid so I'm not paying"
Maybe someone said buy premium listings on Flippa knowing that meant nothing but giving money away.
Maybe someone already got an offer
Most of sales is a management of white lies
"I own no TM"

So everyone has lied but that doesn't make you automatically untrustworthy - I would say that biggie, yourself are probably more trustworthy than other members. I don't know AGAME or Paul enough to comment.

There are members here I would give my credit card to with the pin and KNOW I would not lose a penny. There are people I could give my password to and be safe. These are people I've met ONLY on the forum and not in real life. I can tell you that I've probably still caught them in at least one lie. There are some I would trust children with. I know people on this forum that have trusted me with their hosting passwords because whilst you think I'm a jerk, I'm probably one of the most honest people here (and I admit that have lied about small things, lol).

Then there are some prominent and big members here that I would NOT even trust with a dollar bill.

So, with a healthy dose of cynicism, I believe everyone has lied. If you haven't ? Congratulations on being the most honest person on the forum. You should get a badge or medal or something. (And a dressing down when we catch you later :) )

To claim you never lie is ridiculous. I would think that calling NP members "assholes" is worse than me calling them "liars" :) {but I assume you mean dishonest liars because I'm not a literalist}. The point is that some lies are ok... some aren't .. people need to figure out who's spinning what lies and what they mean.

I understand what you're saying.......... perhaps this is why I leave way too much money on the table and I do not make as many sales as I could be. Perhaps.

•••
I can't recall the comments made because the listing has been removed from public view.

To quote a portion of the seller's listing description cached by Google:

I have received an offer of $25,000 or 10,000 bitcoins to buy this domain name but have decided to go public with it. (If you don't believe me you, can give me your email and I will send you the conversations)

Have you contacted the seller to show you the proof of the offer he received?

To most experienced domain veterans, we would have suspected that the offer he received is an appraisal scam.

However, the naive seller truly believed it, how else would he shell out hefty upgrade fees when most of us know it will not even sell for two figures, let alone five figures.

If you have not contacted the seller for proof of offer, isn't it premature to call out the seller a liar, except to disrupt the sale or to add drama to it?

•••
I can't recall the comments made because the listing has been removed from public view.

To quote a portion of the seller's listing description cached by Google:

Have you contacted the seller to show you the proof of the offer he received?

To most experienced domain veterans, we would have suspected that the offer he received is an appraisal scam.

However, the naive seller truly believed it, how else would he shell out hefty upgrade fees when most of us know it will not even sell for two figures, let alone five figures.

If you have not contacted the seller for proof of offer, isn't it premature to call out the seller a liar, except to disrupt the sale or to add drama to it?

10,000 bitcoins is about $2,500,000.

There was/is no doubt that it was a scam.

Your argument is moot.

•••
Who's scamming who?

The seller been scammed or the seller trying to scam? It's a big difference.

•••
Who's scamming who?

The seller been scammed or the seller trying to scam? It's a big difference.

We will never know. But at the end of the day, the "offers" he claimed were bogus.

It doesn't really matter who was being scammed.

•••
Why doesn't it matter?

You made an accusation publicly and blew it big here. Your intent is to expose, as you truly believe the seller lied, just like the seller might truly believe his offer is true, isn't this situation highly possible?

The intent is important, the question is did the seller intend to lie?

Who can he scammed or lie into paying $25k for the domain in question in Flippa?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back