IT.COM

advice Stop lying. No one believes you.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If we think he had received a scam offer, we should educate him. Plus the fact he paid the hefty fees to list, it's sad to see fellow domainers mocking him. Some love it for the dramatic and entertainment value, but we forget that it is at the expense of another fellow domainer, a new one.

I feel we could have been more kind on some of the comments.

•••
He's no kid: https://picasaweb.google.com/112465085548533263523/ProfilePhotos

Here is what happened: he is not a domainer but a day or 2 after he regged this POS, an appraisal scammer popped up with the offer. He likely replied yes, blew his cash on an appraisal, thought he had a gem, and wasted $300+ putting this on Flippa.

A silver lining: once he sees no one would ever pay $1 for this,he'll learn his costly lesson.

•••
Don't lump me in with the assholes. I have never and will never lie. TRUE professionals know how damaging lying is to their image.

I

It's a reality that everyone here should learn. EVERYONE on this forum lies. Some more than others and it's important you learn who does and who doesn't.

•••
I'm not gonna comment on the value as I believe a general consensus on that has reached fruition. You gotta give him props for at least being able to create a sales pitch for that. He may have a future in the insurance industry

•••
Here is what happened: he is not a domainer but a day or 2 after he regged this POS, an appraisal scammer popped up with the offer. He likely replied yes, blew his cash on an appraisal, thought he had a gem, and wasted $300+ putting this on Flippa.

A silver lining: once he sees no one would ever pay $1 for this,he'll learn his costly lesson.

Never thought that could have happened as it seems so over the top. I would think that Flippa would consider some form of refund if that's actually the case. Seems tough to profit from someone's naivety.

•••
My favorite highlights:

1) Claims he received a 10,000 Bitcoin offer: Current price$230.46 x10,000=$2,304,600 (2.3million)

2) He has only 1 feedback.. He bought SexToysDeal.com for $299.

3) Self titled: 3 day old domain name.. 30K BIN

It was very entertaining to read, at the same time can't help but feel sorry for the ignorant/naive part of humanity.

•••
It seems to me, his naivety is laden with honesty in comparison to a lot of domainers who profess to have some degree of knowledge, while being stubborn, not to accept that a good percentage of their names will never find a buyer in their lifetime even at par value. Me included.

•••
Maybe the kid got a scam email with a truly unbelievable offer of 10,000 BTC.
Maybe he really believed the name was a gem.
you have to be deceived on some level to take out a premium listing on a name like that.

•••
I unfortunately commented on the listing and receive updates every minute of people trolling him. The ki
If we think he had received a scam offer, we should educate him. Plus the fact he paid the hefty fees to list, it's sad to see fellow domainers mocking him. Some love it for the dramatic and entertainment value, but we forget that it is at the expense of another fellow domainer, a new one.

Why shouldn't we troll him? He is arrogant in his ways and has to learn. I've done stupid things and have been hazed for them, so why should he be any different?

The fact that he is without a doubt convinced he is sitting on gold.

•••
If you aren't an investor and ya suddenly get what looks like a $25k offer, EVERYONE who bemoans it is ignorant--in your mind. He will likely keep this domain, pay another $300 to relist it, and even renew it once the time comes.Some ppl are stubborn. He will only believe that fire will burn him once the flame touches his skin.

•••
And the crazy thing is he will renew it for 5+ years and then it will be an "Aged Domain" that some other newbie will buy and start the cycle again. Then before you know it the name will end up being listed again on some other platform. Asking an even higher price as it will be quoted that it was for sale on flippa for $25k.

Insane world we live in...

•••
I only want to see the 2nd email saying "But you have to order an appraisal first blah blah"

Just got one of those today. Great "offer," but directed to some kind of certification. Haven't run into it much. Maybe I'm too new to the game.

•••
100% all such emails are scams. Just letting you know.

Just got one of those today. Great "offer," but directed to some kind of certification. Haven't run into it much. Maybe I'm too new to the game.

•••
Dishonesty...what the domain industry is built on. Most registrars, especially those offering auctions are beyond crooked. They're worse than any individual scammer could ever be!

Registrar of the year goes to godaddy. They'll actually revoke your auction privileges for circumventing auctions of expiring domains. Keep in mind, they're auctioning expired domains that they don't own...

•••
Welcome to the world of domaining.

Nothing new to see here....

•••

Agreed. Most if not all new domainers make this kind of mistakes, I know I did, many times.

So instead of calling him names and disrespecting him (in a unique and funny way), we should have been more constructive towards this situation, at least that's what gentlemen do.. And that's what this forum is about; right!

PS: This thread would have given his Flippa listing some extra/unwanted views which may result in having the seller's hopes high of getting the sale...I don't see why this was necessary!

•••
I don't think he's a domainer, nor do I think he wants to be one. Sadly, he was misled by a scammer into thinking a purchase the guy made was a smart, valuable thing. He should be scolded for his ignorance ie not researching before putting up three-figures listing it. Had he been an apprentice or wannabe, I'd cut him some slack. But alas, I think he's the common man, succumbing to greed and gullibility.

Agreed. Most if not all new domainers make this kind of mistakes, I know I did, many times.

So instead of calling him names and disrespecting him (in a unique and funny way), we should have been more constructive towards this situation, at least that's what gentlemen do.. And that's what this forum is about; right!

PS: This thread would have given his Flippa listing some extra/unwanted views which may result in having the seller's hopes high of getting the sale...I don't see why this was necessary!

•••
He should be scolded for his ignorance ie not researching before putting up three-figures listing it. Had he been an apprentice or wannabe, I'd cut him some slack. But alas, I think he's the common man, succumbing to greed and gullibility.

Nailed it.

•••
I don't think he's a domainer, nor do I think he wants to be one. Sadly, he was misled by a scammer into thinking a purchase the guy made was a smart, valuable thing. He should be scolded for his ignorance ie not researching before putting up three-figures listing it. Had he been an apprentice or wannabe, I'd cut him some slack. But alas, I think he's the common man, succumbing to greed and gullibility.

Nice of you to reply mate.

But frankly your reply is a bit tricky. At one place, you said "he's not a domainer" and then you also expect from him to do the "research" what "domainers" do; right?

Yes, I agree with the ignorance part, but aren't most newbies like that? I won't even mention ebay listings where people (not domainers) have listed garbage domains for millions (that's right, seven figures).

My point was, as a member of professional community, we shouldn't be making fun of, or calling someone a liar, at least not to a person who has no 'sense' of what he's doing and doesn't belong in this community of ours. yet.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

•••
Nice of you to reply mate.

But frankly your reply is a bit tricky. At one place, you said "he's not a domainer" and then you also expect from him to do the "research" what "domainers" do; right?

Yes, I agree with the ignorance part, but aren't most newbies like that? I won't even mention ebay listings where people (not domainers) have listed garbage domains for millions (that's right, seven figures).

My point was, as a member of professional community, we shouldn't be making fun of, or calling someone a liar, at least not to a person who has no 'sense' of what he's doing and doesn't belong in this community of ours. yet.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

I hear what you saying, but....

The problem is the industry has taken a serious turn in the last 5 years or so.

Domaining is now filled with more "scammers", "spammers", and greed then it ever has been.

The once small community has turned in a complete circus and $hit show.

Newbies are now more arrogant then thankful for your attempted education.

If the shoe fits....wear it.

IMO

•••
I hear what you saying, but....

The problem is the industry has taken a serious turn in the last 5 years or so.

Domaining is now filled with more "scammers", "spammers", and greed then it ever has been.

The once small community has turned in a complete circus and $hit show.

Newbies are now more arrogant then thankful for your attempted education.

If the shoe fits....wear it.

IMO

Yeah, I can understand that.

Just this morning I was reading a thread here of a fellow member (presumably new comer) who asked for suggestions from other domainers here. But once the suggestions comes rolling in, he went on arguing his own statements were mostly against the suggestions he received, most likely it looked he was already determined about his statements and the reason for starting the thread was baseless.

Anyways, I also feel bad when ignorant people dive into domaining. Not stopping them, but only if they would learn first and then invest/sell, would be good for the industry.

Good luck, to us all.

•••
I don't think much has changed in this industry.

Without pointing fingers, some of the most esteemed and established domainers started out as cybersquatters and only later cleaned up their acts.

Every field has its dirty players, even the medical field.

Most of us do the best we can.

•••
Honestly? Yes.

When you are trying to sell something for more than scrap change (in his case, $25k), it's prudent to merely jump in the water, thinking, "It's just water. I'm not dumb." There's more to it: How tempestuous are the waves? Are there piranha or sharks to watch out for? A billion questions should be researched before ya go diving in. Same here: if he thought it was a legit offer, he should have researched it before falling to belief that he owned a gem (solely on the opinion of a stranger who offered $25k for it).

•••
I wonder why everybody thinks he did receive the appraisal scam ? It doesn't sound like any of the known appraisal scams...

•••
@JamesCrew

He claims to have had a $2,500,000 offer. That's a boldfaced lie.

Honestly, I would crucify him if I could. Although, I suspect most of the 70+ comments on his auction came from this page. So I suppose, in a way, I succeeded.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back