NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The next trend thread had some good discussion about Wearable Tech, So here is a thread to showcase and discuss.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I said the same thing after hearing the word. What the hell is a wearable. Once I started looking up the term I soon found out that is been used by companies selling wearable products for many years. It's not mainstream but will be.

•••
I said the same thing after hearing the word. What the hell is a wearable. Once I started looking up the term I soon found out that is been used by companies selling wearable products for many years. It's not mainstream but will be.

Time will tell, but probably not. I've never heard the world used in normal conversation.

wearable products

The bold is where the money is at, the actual product, what is it called? I don't go to the store to buy a wearable, I go and buy a smart watch, smartwatches.com = money. Nobody says, let me see your new wearable. It would be, let me take a look at your new fitness bracelet, how do you like it, does it work, etc.

Looks like too much focus on the word wearable instead of the actual wearable/product. Then some domains, just kind of repeat, don't make any sense. Like WearableEyewear. Is there eyewear out there that's not wearable?

Last edited:
•••
Time will tell, but probably not. I've never heard the world used in normal conversation.

wearable products

The bold is where the money is at, the actual product, what is it called? I don't go to the store to buy a wearable, I go and buy a smart watch, smartwatches.com = money. Nobody says, let me see your new wearable. It would be, let me take a look at your new fitness bracelet, how do you like it, does it work, etc.

Looks like too much focus on the word wearable instead of the actual wearable/product. Then some domains, just kind of repeat, don't make any sense. Like WearableEyewear. Is there eyewear out there that's not wearable?

JB... You make a good point but what about the online entrepreneur or marketer that does want the word wearable plus "keyword" to reflect their business? I think there is value in those domains as well. I think people will search for wearable computers as well as google glass which is a wearable computer.

Yes, I also think domainers including myself try to be futurist and make up all type of crAzy variations with a word that doesn't make sense. It's what we do...

Just a tiny bit of domainers hit home runs, some hit doubles and triples, some hit singles and many strike out. My hope is to have at least one or two homers and a bunch of doubles and singles.

Many of these wearable names will be duds but some will hopefully shine through and like you said, only time will tell.

For example: If I sell / market a variety of different wearables that target the face / eye from different companies like Apple, Google, Samsung, then in my opinion wearableeyewear dot com make a lot of sense. So I feel there is some value opposite to what your saying above.

As long as people are discussing wearable/s, then domainers with wearable type domains are in the game. Anyone of their domains can / may be purchased for a nice amount whether they make sense or not. When Apple, Google and the rest of the tech world stop using the word wearable/s then I have a problem.

Last edited:
•••
For example: If I sell / market a variety of different wearables that target the face / eye from different companies like Apple, Google, Samsung, then in my opinion wearableeyewear dot com make a lot of sense. So I feel there is some value opposite to what your saying above.

That's a big IF and wearable eyewear? That doesn't make sense... or rather it makes too much sense..

legtrousers.com is available

Anyone of their domains can / may be purchased for a nice amount whether they make sense or not.

I agree. There's big money to be made in domains that don't make sense?

When Apple, Google and the rest of the tech world stop using the word wearable/s then I have a problem.

No one is using the term wearables outside of the context of a discussion on wearable technology as a shorthand. Wearable as a term still means what it always meant - something you can wear.

Any strategy based on getting hundreds of domains and hoping one is a home-run should be rethought. I'd rather have Tony Gwynn than a 300 blind muscle bound guys who can swing a bat.

•••
Great points! Thanks for the comments!

•••
Lots of new cool things happening in wearable technology

Google >>> News >> wearable technology

•••
Lots of new cool things happening in wearable technology

Google >>> News >> wearable technology

It's crazy how many companies are coming out with wearable devices. I read earlier that in 5-10 years, there will be hundreds of BIG and smaller tech companies in this space.

•••
will-google-glass-revolutionize-the-medical-industry_520d37a76fcdf.jpg

•••
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQBEKnkuCs"]AdStage: Quick and Easy Online Ads - YouTube[/ame]

•••
The Next Big Thing In Enterprise IT: Bring Your Own Wearable Tech?

As these wearable objects proliferate so will the opportunities and challenges. Interestingly, these seem to line up with the current trend of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) which is a policy of permitting employees to bring personally owned mobile devices (laptops, tablets, and smart phones) to their workplace.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvenc...n-enterprise-it-bring-your-own-wearable-tech/

•••
Thoughts on these?

All .com:

CloudWearables

CloudWearable

InfoWearable

InfoWearables

EducationWear

AirKeys

CurveWatch

EnzoWatch

EthosWear

ElementWear

EducationWear

iJustWear

LittleWearables

LunaWatch

LXwatch

NeoStraps

PlexWear

ReelWear

RexDevice

RiotWrist

WristRiot

sArmBand

SaveWear

ShopAndWear

SmartlyWear

SmartyWear

SmartWatchPimp

SocWatch

sWatchBands

TheWatchBand

TheWatchPimp

TheWearist

TwitWear

WatchBandIt

WatchKit

WatchMemo

WatchPimp

WatchRiot

WearAndShop

WearBeats

Wearbly

WearCenter

WearCamera

WearChic

WearDiva

WearDot

WearFeel

WearHut

WearLogo

WearPlace

WearQR

WearScape

WearTool

Thanks!

Jason

WearBe

•••
•••
The Next Big Thing In Enterprise IT: Bring Your Own Wearable Tech?

As these wearable objects proliferate so will the opportunities and challenges. Interestingly, these seem to line up with the current trend of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) which is a policy of permitting employees to bring personally owned mobile devices (laptops, tablets, and smart phones) to their workplace.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvenc...n-enterprise-it-bring-your-own-wearable-tech/

It's still just a device using standard interfaces.

The BYOD usually requires corporate software and corporate standards to be in compliance with any network connectivity. I know many people that have two iPhones for this reason.

I don't see where this has any impact. A device of any kind whether embedded in your underwear on a phone is still just a device that communicates to something with an acceptable protocol. The interaction of the device to the rest of the world doesn't change much.... it's just the interaction with the user that is where the innovation is, I suppose.

•••
Thoughts on these?

All .com:

CloudWearables

CloudWearable

InfoWearable

InfoWearables

EducationWear

AirKeys

CurveWatch

EnzoWatch

EthosWear

ElementWear

EducationWear

iJustWear

LittleWearables

LunaWatch

LXwatch

NeoStraps

PlexWear

ReelWear

RexDevice

RiotWrist

WristRiot

sArmBand

SaveWear

ShopAndWear

SmartlyWear

SmartyWear

SmartWatchPimp

SocWatch

sWatchBands

TheWatchBand

TheWatchPimp

TheWearist

TwitWear

WatchBandIt

WatchKit

WatchMemo

WatchPimp

WatchRiot

WearAndShop

WearBeats

Wearbly

WearCenter

WearCamera

WearChic

WearDiva

WearDot

WearFeel

WearHut

WearLogo

WearPlace

WearQR

WearScape

WearTool

Thanks!

Jason

WearBe

might want to delete and get some money back

•••
If you look at it outside the box, what all of you humans are doing is simply attaching the word "wearable" to any other dictionary word.

That's all there is to it. So just pick a word, then put "wearable" infront, or at the end. Reg it. That's it.

•••
Thoughts on these?

All .com:
SmartWatchPimp
Thanks!
Jason

I would definitely not drop Thanks or Jason as those are killer names.

SmartWatchPimp.com makes me want to register SmartWatchHo.com

#SmartHoPimp

•••
Last edited:
•••
Apple did hire that guy who had a lot of input in the Nike FuelBand

•••
wearpal.com
i am just wondering if there will be some 3rd party other than Google, apple etc to develop wearable devices as to buy brandable names such as my name...

•••
Interesting thread indeed. I did a little looking around today with available domains in this trend. Thought about the technology quest for a flexible bendable wearable device. I was ASTOUNDED to find the following (were) available:
softwareables.com
softwearables.com
Am I crazy, or do these have some potential?

•••
•••
I have WearablePro.com
Shopwearable.com
Solarwearable.com for sale. Anyone interest should PM me.

•••
Tried to check your link on my iPhone but resolves to a blank page.

I saw that last night. Thanks! Made a mistake and changed the nameservers for the site. All good now!

•••
I saw that last night. Thanks! Made a mistake and changed the nameservers for the site. All good now!

Wow that is one long list. Are they all yours, or are you brokering? :O

•••
Wow that is one long list. Are they all yours, or are you brokering? :O

They are all mine...:lol:

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Been getting mid to high (xxx.xx) domain offers but today I received an offer for my iWearableTechnology.com domain for $1000...I know it is def worth more than a grand if I hold tight...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back