IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The next trend thread had some good discussion about Wearable Tech, So here is a thread to showcase and discuss.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold ... OnlineSmartWatch.com ... $500

•••
cttwu5U.png

•••
Sold SmartWearableTechnology.com and now in escrow...

•••
I made a 1k deal on a h/e/a/r/a/b/l/e domain.
The offer came from a hearing aid company. The transfer will take place until July. I hope they do not change their minds...

•••
Today I sold WearablesReview.com via Go Daddy Auctions:) FYI...All the domains I've sold so far were in the $299-$599 range...I get a lot of people asking for prices like $150-250 but I hold my ground.

•••
Just completed my largest sale ever... Sold 22 Wearable Tech domains at once via private sale... Sold over 30 wearable domains for the month totaling about 12k. I'll list the 22 later...Happy Gobble Gobble!

Ps: I've dropped the price on all. I think too low but oh well, things are starting to turn for me. I think they're in the price range for domainers to buy and flip. That's what I think is happening...imo

•••
Just sold Wearable-tech.com for $2k

•••
Sold PoliceBodyCam.com on Go Daddy...I contacted a business owner yesterday and they purchased today.

•••
These are the 22 I sold together totaling 7k. The price was actually more but I gave the guy a super deep discount. I was kind of reluctant to sell some for cheap because I know I could've gotten more.

I sold some similar for 399, 799, 899 and even 999. I thought about it and went for it. The guy was cool and he was spending a lot at once so I felt good about the deal. It's xmas! I would not have done the deal for any amount lower than 7k. The was a bulk deal only. We spoke via email, then by phone to seal the deal. We finished via the deal on escrow.com.

FITNESSWEARABLETECH.COM

HEALTHWEARABLETECH.COM

HEALTHWEARABLETECHNOLOGY.COM

MEDICALWEARABLETECH.COM

MEDICALWEARABLETECHNOLOGY.COM

SPORTSWEARABLETECH.COM

WEARABLETECHFITNESS.COM

WEARABLETECHHEALTHCARE.COM

WEARABLETECHNOLOGYFITNESS.COM

WEARABLETECHNOLOGYHEALTH.COM

WEARABLETECHNOLOGYSPORTS.COM

WEARABLESSOFTWARE.COM

CARWEARABLE.COM

CARWEARABLES.COM

CHEAPESTWEARABLES.COM

CHEAPWEARABLE.COM

CHEAPWEARABLES.COM

GETWEARABLES.COM

BESTWEARABLES.COM

PETWEARABLE.COM

PETSWEARABLE.COM

PETSWEARABLES.COM

•••
GoWearable

one of my many drops... as I move away from domaining.

Had a few lowballers on this one on sedo...You should do well.

Good Luck

FX

•••
•••
SOLD...WearableTechPrivacy dot com - Private sale...

•••
•••
wearable gesture control

[ame="http://youtu.be/oWu9TFJjHaM"]http://youtu.be/oWu9TFJjHaM[/ame]

another cool video on wearable

[ame="http://youtu.be/4qFW4zwXzLs"]http://youtu.be/4qFW4zwXzLs[/ame]

•••
Please do not take this the wrong way and I do myself have a "wearable" domain, but are people really going to be typing in google " wearables" or "wearable tech" ?

I would think they would just type in what they are after - Smart Watches, Google Glass etc...........

I think unless you own the domain - WearableTech.com or TechWear.com ( Trademarked ) this could be a big money waster.

Not sure If I am right but worth a thought or two before registering another "wearable" domain.

Thanks Stu

always good to hear your valued opinion

for me personally.. I'm really looking at what google glass can do, I'm in the film business and I love films and making movies as you know.

I'll have a site up and running soon using a brandable glass dn..the site will be for POV film-makers/photographers using the G Glass.

In the meantime enjoy this POV movie

[ame="http://youtu.be/y5VXmI74JFE"]http://youtu.be/y5VXmI74JFE[/ame]

•••
Yeah... It was the one I posted before.

Funds have be received and I will push to Sedo in a few minutes.
WearablePro.com--$499

I own also WearablesPro.com too :)

•••
•••
Just sold Wearatec.com.

Last edited:
•••
Sold 7 wearable domains today! I'll post once they clear.

Last edited:
•••
An average of $ 400 is not too bad.. do it on a larger scale regularly and you can still generate a nice income if you keep on top of the game reg. new trends and mass registering domains fitting that trend, flipping them in bulk to other trend speculators.... congrats on your sale

•••
Sold 41 domains this weekend via GD, SEDO and Private buyer and close to 100 for the month. Close to 10K this week... All domains were wearable/wearabletech/smart related. Getting bids for some as well via SEDO. Hold on...The market is starting to heat up folks!

•••
SOLD on SEDO... WearDoc.com - $399

•••
•••
•••
As to my domain ThermalWerables.com that I registered I was thinking about a computer controlled device (perhaps incorporated into a vest or a jacket) that would function as a personal (and portable) air conditioner.

The scope is ridiculously narrow.

Here's your risk profile:

Factor 1:
A single use technology that doesn't yet exist with very limited scope and market (who needs a computer when you can just wear more or wear less)..

Factor 2:
You're looking for someone to have a site that is limited to that single technology (for it to make sense) or for that keyword to become huge.

Factor 3:
The term wearable to be more valuable to a seller/creator of that product than the (let's call it argubly better) alternatives (Clothing, Threads, Wear, etc)

Factor 4
GoDaddy coupons last one year - so your "long term" view is actually forced to be short term in reality.

Factor 5
This name actually does describe (somewhat) already existing products that no one cared to register this name. There are non tech products already (arctic wear) even under-armour to a certain extent and they wouldn't be interested atall.

Factor 6
If all the stars aligned and everything worked out and a company released a technology device that heated/cooled clothes that was not sold as part of the clothing (i.e. independently marketed to provide value) and got revenue of $100 million in the first year that wanted an EMD and wearable was redefined in the language - you'd still be third or fourth choice.and worth maximum of low $xxxx.

Better off putting a $1 on the Raiders to win the Superbowl.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Most of us in this thread are speculating that the electronic and robotic devices related to the new “ Wearable Technology “ will be referred to as “ Wearables “ as a class.

Why would we suddenly do that? It's "wearable technology" that's the "niche". iWearables works precisely because the "i" is the shortest brandable way to add the entire concept of technology to the term wearable in a way nothing else does.

Socks, pants, shirts, and shoes are wearables and always will be (and the awkward term at that - wear being so much better).

DU

I think "keyword" wearable(s) or the other way around will be become popular no matter what people think. Google, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, Dell are creating wearable products. These are the Goliaths of tech. How many others did I miss?

Levis, Talbots, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back