IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The next trend thread had some good discussion about Wearable Tech, So here is a thread to showcase and discuss.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have got uniqueWearable.com and sassyWears.com
You can send me PM if you are ready to hold it for longer time

•••
what's better ........'wearable or wearables'

•••
•••

I think it depends on the context

I much prefer Wearable

•••
Hand reg'd WearableHaptic(s).com for .99 cents each

•••
Wrote a pretty extensive article on Wearable Tech

Wearable Tech is a pretty big topic featuring things such as Google Glass, to the iWatch from Apple. Applications in the fields of science and medicine are looking to make big breakthroughs.

Press Coverage

Cnn mentioned:

This week, two major conferences on wearable technology are taking place in the U.S. -- Wear Tech Con in San Francisco and Wearable Tech Expo in New York City. CNN spoke to keynote speakers from both events to imagine how a day in the life of a wearable technology user might look in the year 2015.

The article on CNN looks at what is called "Bionic Fashion" They run through what they believe will be a typical day in 2015, wearable tech that will turn man into machine.

http://www.hybriddomainer.com/2013/07/new-trend-reports-wearable-technology.html

iwearables.tv and iwearables.org were regged today after the article came out.

•••
cool, thanks

b
i
o
n
i
c
w
e
a
r
a
b
l
e
s

c
o
m

•••
As stand alones, I'd say Wearables, as it pertains to more than one item, or line of. Wearable, would more so pertain to one item, and has more of a clothing slant.

As for using either of them with other terms, I think they both have limited use beyond a few combos. Ex: WearableTech, WearableDevices, - work. WearableShoes, WearableClothes, - don't work, as they are obviously items that are worn!
Same with: MedicalWearables, SmartWearables, - work. GlassesWearables, GloveWearables, - don't.

The term Wearable(s) is more so a generic description of how tech can now be used, and not a 'type' of technology, so it's use for descriptive usage I say, is limited. I see all the different uses and applications of Wearable Technology will be more so labeled with a brandable name for that purpose they conceived for. Ex: ActivityWristband, SmartFabrics, etc.

But I was wrong once before....

•••
I grabbed about 6 smartglasses names a few months ago just to be in the game, but I'm not overly excited about them. Smartglasses, like wearables, I feel is a clumsy term.

•••
I purchased a bunch of wearable tech domains and a few people are starting to contact me for them. I think it depends on who's buying and what they need the domain for. I had a guy yesterday contact me for one of his clients getting into the space. I think many affiliate marketers will get into this space as well.

•••
Wrote a pretty extensive article on Wearable Tech

Wearable Tech is a pretty big topic featuring things such as Google Glass, to the iWatch from Apple. Applications in the fields of science and medicine are looking to make big breakthroughs.

Press Coverage

Cnn mentioned:

This week, two major conferences on wearable technology are taking place in the U.S. -- Wear Tech Con in San Francisco and Wearable Tech Expo in New York City. CNN spoke to keynote speakers from both events to imagine how a day in the life of a wearable technology user might look in the year 2015.

The article on CNN looks at what is called "Bionic Fashion" They run through what they believe will be a typical day in 2015, wearable tech that will turn man into machine.

http://www.hybriddomainer.com/2013/07/new-trend-reports-wearable-technology.html

iwearables.tv and iwearables.org were regged today after the article came out.

Excellent article Ray

Last edited:
•••
•••

It's a scary thought, but we are more likely to see nanobot implants, such as brain enhancers, behavioral modifiers, artery cleansers, etc.

I just regged Nanobotimplant/s and botimplant/s.

Nanoimplant/s have been regged since 2002 (not mine)

All in the .com.

•••

It's a scary thought, but we are more likely to see nanobot implants, such as brain enhancers, behavioral modifiers, artery cleansers, etc.

I just regged Nanobotimplant/s and botimplant/s.

Nanoimplant/s have been regged since 2002 (not mine)

All in the .com.

Nice regs, but I don’t know if they’ll be considered implants since they’ll be fee to roam around to make repairs inside the body where it’s needed. They might even come out of our ears to take a little break. :)

•••
•••
Another few dotCOM cutting edge domains destined for deletion sometime soon:

aiWEAR

WornTechnology

NeuralImplants

ThinkingFashion

Last edited:
•••
srry bud - wrong thread

Last edited:
•••
..... B-) np

Last edited:
•••
Just registered Lcdwearable.com and Ledwearable.com what do you guys think about the names

•••
Ive got BandAbility .com

I thought it could be a good brandable domain for the smart health bands that are being developed at the moment.
Bands that increase your health and ability??

Who knows.. :) hand reg'd for $1.99

•••
Someone PM'd me so I thought I'd answer it here to share with others.

People are hitting me up already. I've gotten 5 requests for domains over the last two weeks but all are low ball offers and seeing where I am at in pricing. The most was $500 and I turned it down. I have some duds but I also feel I have a few nuggets. We'll see what happens when products hit the market. I think the market will explode though once the big tech co's get their products to market. All BIG co's are entering into this market so it will be huge, take my word!

Think about it, you have the BIG tech co's and a lot of smaller players entering the market. It's not like the smartphone where you have 5-7 major smartphone players. This wearable market will have hundreds of companies looking to get a smart product to the masses.

We can possibly see the next Apple or Google in this wearable market. This is why every BIG tech co and their momma is getting in. It is still in it's infancy. It's really early!

We are in the Palm Pilot stage before smartphones hit the market. (Read this somewhere)

There will be some hits and misses but over the next 5 years, we will see the market explode and companies are looking to cash in. There are a couple products on the market, but read the articles and understand if Google and Apple are hiring teams to cater to this market, it is a BIG one.

I like both wearable and wearables...imo Depends on what you want to market, one product or more than one. But I think marketers will use either to promote their websites. When the supply starts running dry for wearable domains and demand becomes increasingly high, I hope to cash in.

Patience is a virtue...Don't be hasty and jump at the first low ball offer. If you have a good domain, there will be back!

BTW: Ray...excellent article!

Last edited:
•••
Three more "wearable tech" domains soon to show up on a drop list near you!

Glass.AR.com

Glasses.AR.com

Goggles.AR.com

AR = Augmented Reality

Last edited:
•••
This is a showcase thread so people are allowed to post their names, but WordWalker we keep getting complaints about why you are listing names as drops, are you looking to sell these names ?

•••
This is a showcase thread so people are allowed to post their names, but WordWalker we keep getting complaints about why you are listing names as drops, are you looking to sell these names ?

Great question.

In the past, just about anytime I list a name that I believe has merit (in any thread), it's only a matter of time before the real NamePros' "experts" pile on to put me in my place. So, I figure, I'll save them the trouble and give them nothing to get all worked up over. Apparently, there's always something to get worked up over...

No. I'm not looking to sell. Geez! I can't believe there's so much interest in how I frame my posts.* Must be a slow news day for the Kardashians. :hehe:

*See the word, facetious.

Last edited:
•••
Back