NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The next trend thread had some good discussion about Wearable Tech, So here is a thread to showcase and discuss.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I countered offer just like Mads told me to. I'm waiting for his reply.

If it was wearabletech and not wearablestech i would suggest you to wait at least x,xxx$ but i dunno what to do in this case...

•••
I don't think the plural sounds right. It like saying guitarstech or computerstech - it should be guitartech or computertech. I wouldn't try and blow the sale by holding out too much.

•••
You have a point there. I'll just have to wait what the buyer says and if he makes another counter I'll probably take it.

•••
My first name in this category;

smarteyewears.com

•••
Hey guys I got an offer for my domain Wearables/Tech (dot) com for low $xxx should I take it? or hold on it and wait for better offer.
Wouldn't sell for no less than $500. I'm no expert but I've sold a few with wearables+keyword between 500 and 1k. Could be worth more in the near future.

•••
fun brandables for 'Wearable Advertising':
• Wearatise (.) com
• Wearatising (.) com

:)

•••
Got a serious offer of $5500 via DNS just yesterday on Wearaholic dot com.. but holding out for more..

@GravityEleven - Curious to know what the outcome of this was. How much did you counter with and did the sale ever go through?

•••
I think the term "hearables" deserves some attention. Of all the wearable tech coming onto the market, I think this ticks the most boxes. Not only are headphones already an established product, making it less of a jump to start using them, but it turns out the ear is the best place to monitor heart rate, oxygen levels and so on - Making it perfect for fitness and health monitoring related applications.

On top of that, I'm particularly excited by the potential hearables have in the medical space - specifically, hearing loss. How many of us know someone who's hearing just isn't what it used to be? Those whose hearing is damaged to the point where they might struggle in a group conversation in a restaurant, but fall short of needing a hearing aid? Hearables have the potential to bridge this gap with consumer level hearing augmentation devices that are fully programmable, and it's a massive market.

There is plenty of news and articles here if you're interested - http://www.reddit.com/r/hearables/

•••
@TheFifty9Sound

not yet, but i know now who was behind that offer.. it's a Domain investor with deeper pockets who is trying to buy up several top quality niche domains for around $5k max.. (like he did with DroneWorks.com from Mike Mann)..

can not tell more yet cause still on it.. but i know i won't get top dollars from him, therefore not in a hurry to sell yet as the wearable market is still in it's infancy..

reg. Hearables you are quite right.. i am getting several (lowball) offers on SmartEarplug.com & SmartEarplugs.com for a while already..

•••
Haven't been here in a long time.

HoloWear
Com

•••
•••
SmartHeadwear
CloudHeadset
Coms

•••
Hey guys I got an offer for my domain Wearables/Tech (dot) com for low $xxx should I take it? or hold on it and wait for better offer.

Hi, Lanj, did you end up selling this name? I see you have it priced at $3k BIN at Sedo.

I own WearableTechDevices, so I'd be interested to see what your name sold, or sells for. Best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi, Lanj, did you end up selling this name? I see you have it priced at $3k BIN at Sedo.

I own WearableTechDevices, so I'd be interested to see what your name sold, or sells for. Best of luck!

Buyer and I are still talking for the escrow service I insisted that he should shoulder the fees, but wants to split 50/50. The thing is, buyer takes a couple of days to respond to my emails he's taking too much time.

•••
The thing is, buyer takes a couple of days to respond to my emails he's taking too much time.

Let them take their time. Sometimes good deals take a while to finish. Sometimes there are time zone differences, or the person's busy, or they're using stalling as a negotiation tactic. He/she clearly wants the name, so be patient. Good job on trying to get them to split or cover fees!

•••
•••
•••
wearable detector(s) /com

•••
Has anyone received an offer for his Hearable domain as yet?

•••
•••
I've had about 5 offers on HearableTech.com, highest was $1200

•••
still some decent hearable domains free

Last edited:
•••
I had a low xxx offer on smartearbud.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back