Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was hoping to catch "weedvape".com today for $11 but it ended up going for $1225.00

Instead I reg'd WeedVape(s) & WeedVaporizer(s) .online for $20.00

•••
I was hoping to catch "weedvape".com today for $11 but it ended up going for $1225.00

Instead I reg'd WeedVape(s) & WeedVaporizer(s) .online for $20.00
I love .online extension

•••
Because of the medical side of mj .org does have viability in this niche, more than it might in other niches, but IMO, the names will have to be pretty stellar even in .org, as quality .com names are a tough sell right now.
I guess I have about 8% .ORG total in about 1000 names. In some cases, I own both the .com and .org in the same MJ names.... usually the "type in" traffic is about the same. I think the industry standard is all things equal, a .org is worth 10% of the same .com.
Obviously, I agree that .org works in some MJ niches as my name sales mother ship is http://marijuananames.org

•••
•••
I guess I have about 8% .ORG total in about 1000 names. In some cases, I own both the .com and .org in the same MJ names.... usually the "type in" traffic is about the same. I think the industry standard is all things equal, a .org is worth 10% of the same .com.
Obviously, I agree that .org works in some MJ niches as my name sales mother ship is http://marijuananames.org

That's a lot of names. Curious, what percentage of your annual sales for mj related names are .Org?

There are plenty of .Org sites out there in the mj niche, despite extremely few sales being reported.

.Org definitely makes a suitable alternative if the preferred .com is out of reach, and works better than .Net in the mj niche. Again, likely due to the medicinal angle, IMO.

•••
Sale on namebio today - not me

cannabisacademy.com 1,663 USD 2016-05-30 GoDaddy

•••
I sold B u d N a t i o n (.) com for $500 @ Afternic:)

•••
That's a lot of names. Curious, what percentage of your annual sales for mj related names are .Org?

There are plenty of .Org sites out there in the mj niche, despite extremely few sales being reported.

.Org definitely makes a suitable alternative if the preferred .com is out of reach, and works better than .Net in the mj niche. Again, likely due to the medicinal angle, IMO.
I have not sold ANY .orgs in the canna space yet. I agree that org is superior to 'net.
Food for thought: I sold a .com for $5000, and I had the .org also.... they were not interested... didn't even get to the price.

•••
•••
Have two on auction here on NP, see my sig.

•••
Cannabiz/Academy
Cannabiz/Club

Haven't seen much activity in the .org front, either.

•••
Saw a nice sale on namebio today, not mine

bongbuilders.com 1,866 USD 2016-05-31 BuyDomains

plus these might be interesting:

greenera.com 1,030 USD 2016-05-31 DropCatch
newzealandgold.com 1,088 USD 2016-05-31 BuyDomains
hawaiian.org 456 USD 2016-05-31 NameJet

Surprisingly when I reported the namebio report of the sale of cannabisacademy.com someone disliked that post. Well, live and learn.

•••
•••
Legal weed brings forth fun events: From Westword
Frank Conrad, lab director of Colorado Green Lab, will discuss the science of cannabis tonight at Fort Greene, 321 East 45th Avenue. Happy hour starts at 5:30 p.m., and Conrad will start talking at 6, then answer questions at 6:30. The event is free and runs until 9 p.m.; find out more here.

Puff, Pass & Paint weekly classes run every Thursday and Saturday from 7 to 9 p.m, at 2087 South Grant Street. Tuition is $49; find out more at puffpassandpaint.com.

The 24th annual Colorado Campfest Reunion – “once an entirely private gathering of friends” – runs June 3 and 4 at Meyers Ranch in Conifer. Now anyone can obtain a gate pass for a minimum donation, and then enjoy two days of music and “liberated moments of freedom.” For more information, go to coloradocampfest.com.

Twisted Sister Yoga is hosting the second annual ganja yoga retreat from Friday, June 10, through Sunday, June 12, in Silverthorne. Find out more here.

Brain Health & Cannabis, this month's network conference hosted by Impact, will run from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 12, at Crossroads Theater in Denver. Find out more about this event and other monthly programs here.

Premium Pete's Cannabis and High Rollers are partnering with Hemp Connoisseur magazine to host the Cannabis Charity Open from 1 to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 26, at the Park Hill Golf Club. The event will benefit the Colorado AIDS Project; find out more here.

•••
...regged

CBD30

There's a bunch of numbers available now: 40,50,60,70,90 all available to reg. I only wanted one...

•••
How long will it be until we see a .pot or .mj gtld?
I would invest if I can.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Are we seeing the same list? Not trying to knock the guys names, but most of those will never sell, certainly not at those prices, IMO.

I wish him, and all of us in this niche, much luck. Hopefully the November elections will provide some renewed interest into marijuana names.
Those are reasonable end user prices, not for domainers.

•••

That is subjective. Nonetheless, good luck with the names, if they're yours. Most will never sell at that price level, IMO.

•••
They're not reasonable on any level. Endusers are savvy and won't be taken advantage of.

The domains are just poor quality and should really be dropped IMO.

•••
That is subjective. Nonetheless, good luck with the names, if they're yours. Most will never sell at that price level, IMO.
No not mine, I don't have any domain names in that niche. I just noticed some good ones in the link if I can find it again and I will give you an example.

•••
No not mine, I don't have any domain names in that niche. I just noticed some good ones in the link if I can find it again and I will give you an example.

Save your time. I viewed the names back when I made my original post. Not sure how you settled on tagging mine to begin with, as it was the gentler of replies. Regardless, I stand by my original posted opinion. GL!

•••
Not mine, so in your opinion alittlethc.com is not a good name?, i beg to differ. Anyways I don't invest in this niche myself.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back