Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Are we seeing the same list? Not trying to knock the guys names, but most of those will never sell, certainly not at those prices, IMO.

I wish him, and all of us in this niche, much luck. Hopefully the November elections will provide some renewed interest into marijuana names.

•••
Are we seeing the same list? Not trying to knock the guys names, but most of those will never sell, certainly not at those prices, IMO.

I wish him, and all of us in this niche, much luck. Hopefully the November elections will provide some renewed interest into marijuana names.
I didn't think the names were too good.

•••
No canna names. Just a few hemp names, I agree, not that good
I think my names are better :xf.rolleyes:
HighYouDoin. I don't see 10k there, just as I don't see any of my names worth 10k, and I sure wouldn't price them at that. I bet he has better names for another day

•••
•••
No value there. It's easy to see why he wants out. My advice would be to drop just about every name and call it a lesson learned.

I agree, there are a couple maybe's, but it seems he got in late as many of his names are using mid tier keywords. He does have a couple decent geo's + dispensary but he will need to price accordingly.

•••
Interesting Article! This guy is selling off his 200+ weed related domains. Read the article like I did, then click the link to see his list of domains. I was actually somewhat surprised by the prices. What do you think?

Weed domains : Florida investor looking to cash out on marijuana names

This guy is a dreamer, the names will never sell for those prices :D

He's trying to sell a 28-letter name for $17,500 - MarijuanaDealersAssociation.com

•••
This guy is a dreamer, the name will never sell for those prices :D

He's trying to sell a 28-letter name for $17,500 - MarijuanaDealersAssociation.com
Like I said, I was surprised at the prices. Seemed high for that level of quality. Really high.

•••
That guy is banking on amateurs with money who will get suckered in.

Anyways, the US DEA is suppose to be discussing the rescheduling of cannabis in mid-June. I am waiting to hear about this and am wondering what effects any change will be on my domain. From what I read it sounds like it wont be straight up raw grass but pharmaceutical enabling compounds like pure THC, cannabidiol, and other cannabinoids for research and prescription only.

•••
Are these worth holding?

HerbGreenhouse.com
MJHarvest.com
THCHarvest.com
VapeServices.com

•••
MjHarvest is the best one, it has a couple of uses.

•••
...doubled my 420 domain name inventory with two that I picked up that dropped a cupla days ago(maybe a NP member?). Thought it sounded good enough to buy and sell now or down the road:

420BestBuds
and
420GoldRush

A lot of other names just don't make sense but these two kinda did.
NOT interested in the 420 name genre but these two drew me to them...

•••
What do you guys think of mmj .zone? Worth holding?

Last edited:
•••
What do you guys think of mmj .zone? Worth holding?

Depends on renewals, I have a few mmj. whatever's but i picked the professional extensions such as consulting, clinic, services, care etc..

If you don't have the .com to match I wouldn't worry about dropping it. I was able to match mine with my regional extension .ca. So it allows me to have local business opportunities down the road and have international options.

•••
•••
Will Canada become America's cannabis capital?
Plans to legalise recreational marijuana in Canada have those south of the border worried they’ll lose their lead in the emerging pot industry
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/14/canada-america-cannabis-capital

Companies in Canada are gearing up to supply a few countries. I read an article regarding a Canadian company wanting to supply Jamaica with mmj but because the US has it as a schedule one drug, companies can't ship through US waters.

There is going to be a big swing for the legalization movement over the next 12 months. :)

•••
Companies in Canada are gearing up to supply a few countries. I read an article regarding a Canadian company wanting to supply Jamaica with mmj but because the US has it as a schedule one drug, companies can't ship through US waters.

There is going to be a big swing for the legalization movement over the next 12 months. :)

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in the coming years, especially this year. The November elections here in The States will hopefully offer some forward movement in the industry.

According to reports back in April, the DEA is to decide in the coming months whether or not to change the Federal Status. If they do, highly likely (no pun) we'll see a significant shift on the state level. If not, the US will have to continue to play second fiddle.

•••
•••
There is going to be a big swing for the legalization movement over the next 12 months. :)[/QUOTE said:
All the best for success to my Canadian Friends (and Family), but the market will always be smaller due to simple math. As earlier stated, Canada has 35 million people... California alone has 38 million.
PS: GO RAPTORS!

•••

Only Bernie Sanders supports removing weed from schedule1.. Hillary and the republicans are against weed I believe.

•••
No value there. It's easy to see why he wants out. My advice would be to drop just about every name and call it a lesson learned.
Dude got in touch with me a few months back wanting to sell...I didn't have the heart to write back and tell him the names were mostly crap.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back