Dynadot

question Using "POT" when "WEED" is not available?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
What are your thoughts on using POT for a weed related domain? How often do you hear or see businesses in the USA using POT in their domain or business?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on the suffix/prefix

•••
It depends on the suffix/prefix

MiamiPot.com for example

If you were in the weed business in Miami, would you consider buying and using Miami POT .com for your website

•••
Miamipot is ok Chickenpot is not

•••
No. Go to google maps and put in cannabis. See what names they chose.
Ganja, herb, bud, smoke
The word pot here is non existent.
Hey ya wanna go smoke some pot?
That was then. Now. Lets smoke a fattie

•••
Ganja, herb, bud, smoke
I agree with this they use Cannabis or Leaf or word plus Dispensary where I am. Even the weed companies in my area have elegant names or different words entirely.

Pot and weed are not used for professional businesses in my area. They want to be taken seriously I guess. Weed and pot are pretty casual terms. I am sure someone uses them to sell other items like vaping equipment and machines. Or for delivery service.

•••
Ganja, herb, bud, smoke

I agree with this they use Cannabis or Leaf or word plus Dispensary where I am. Even the weed companies in my area have elegant names or different words entirely.

Pot and weed are not used for professional businesses in my area. They want to be taken seriously I guess. Weed and pot are pretty casual terms. I am sure someone uses them to sell other items like vaping equipment and machines. Or for delivery service.

If you were about to Google shops in your city, what would your keywords be?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Cannabis keyword shows all dispenseries.
Eggs Canna go sell them a real domain name like friendly Joint
IMG_9456.png

•••
I would ask the expert himself @marijuanadomain
yup that me......I also own marijuanaguy.com marijuanadealer.com

buy marijuana from the MarijuanaGuy.com or MarijuanaDealer.com ---it has a nice business ring to it

•••
What are your thoughts on using POT for a weed related domain?

I must admit it's a great stimulant to come up with creative weed related domains.

•••
According to dotDb:

weed - 402
pot - 228

you conclude.

•••
I would type dispensary or dispensaries probably because thats what they have conditioned me to do here and I am in the US. Look at the names of the dispensaries in any big American city. That should shed some light even Miami for your example.

•••
Impressive.
”Pot” is the only word i find worse than “weed”.

Why not “Cannabis”? Even shorter “Canna”

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Some keywords to consider (This 1 of my niches)

”Clouds” “Vape” “High” “Smoke” “420”
“Green” “Canna” “Cannabis” “Dispensary”

Literally, the worst word is “Pot” and then “weed”

Last edited:
•••
Hi

https://www.pot.com/

i'd surely take some good "pot" names at right price and currently own "mobilepot.com"

imo...

•••
I must admit it's a great stimulant to come up with creative weed related domains.
i just have one GanjaXpress, but it does attract attention.
ganjaxpress-com-2.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
What are your thoughts on using POT for a weed related domain? How often do you hear or see businesses in the USA using POT in their domain or business?
What did you mean by saying "weed-related domain"?

I have noticed that there aren't many websites using keywords like "pot," "weed," or "cannabis" in their domain names. It seems that these types of websites often opt for brandable and catchy names instead.

Last edited:
•••
If I had smoked pot, which I don't, I would inform you that "pot" is easier to spell, making it a suitable choice for a domain. However, as I have consumed a significant amount of iced espressos today, let me now share my research findings with you:

The legal pot industry in the US is expected to grow significantly. The market size of the Medical & Recreational Marijuana Growing industry in the US has grown 30.5% per year on average between 2018 and 2023.

1. Combined U.S. medical and recreational cannabis sales are projected to reach $33.6 billion by the end of 2023 and could grow to upwards of $53.5 billion by 2027.
2. Furthermore, the growth is expected to continue at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.93% from 2024 to 2028, resulting in a market volume of US$67.15 billion by the end of 2028.
3. According to Grand View Research, the global legal marijuana market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 25.4% from 2023 to 2030, reaching USD 102.2 billion by 2030.

When considering the choice between "pot" and "weed" as a website domain name, it's important to consider various factors. Here are 10 reasons why one may be preferable over the other:

1. Popularity: Analyze the search volume and popularity of each term to determine which one has a larger audience and potential for attracting more visitors to your website.
2. Branding: Consider which term aligns better with your desired brand image and target audience. Evaluate if "pot" or "weed" better reflects the tone and message you want to convey.
3. Legal considerations: Research the legal implications associated with each term in your target market. Determine if one term has any legal restrictions or is more widely accepted.
4. Competitiveness: Assess the level of competition for each term in terms of existing websites and search engine rankings. Choose the term that offers better opportunities for standing out.
5. Memorable and catchy: Evaluate which term is more memorable and has a higher potential for creating a catchy and unique domain name.
6. SEO potential: Consider the search engine optimization (SEO) potential of each term. Determine which term has better chances of ranking higher in search engine results for relevant keywords.
7. Market trends: Stay updated on current market trends and preferences. Determine which term is more commonly used and preferred by your target audience.
8. Cultural connotations: Assess the cultural connotations associated with each term. Consider if one term has any negative or positive associations that may impact your website's perception.
9. Domain availability: Check the availability of domain names for both terms. Determine which term has more options for securing a suitable and available domain name.
10. Personal preference: Ultimately, consider your own personal preference and intuition. Choose the term that resonates with you and aligns with your vision for the website.

Here are 10 reasons why "pot" could be considered a better choice for a domain name related to the cannabis industry and its consumers:

1. Nostalgia: "Pot" has a nostalgic appeal and can resonate with individuals who have been part of the cannabis culture for a long time.
2. Simplicity: "Pot" is a shorter and simpler term compared to "weed," which can make it easier to remember and type into a web browser.
3. Catchiness: The word "pot" has a catchy and memorable sound, which can help in creating a strong brand identity.
4. Differentiation: While "weed" is a commonly used term, "pot" can help your website stand out from the crowd and differentiate itself from competitors.
5. Targeted audience: If your website caters to a specific niche within the cannabis industry, such as marijuana enthusiasts or connoisseurs, "pot" might resonate more with this particular audience.
6. Branding opportunities: "Pot" can offer creative branding possibilities, allowing for unique and memorable website names, slogans, and logos.
7. Cultural references: "Pot" has been a longstanding cultural reference to cannabis, which can help evoke a sense of familiarity and connection with the audience.
8. Industry recognition: "Pot" is commonly used within the cannabis industry itself, making it recognizable to professionals, enthusiasts, and consumers within the field.
9. Broad appeal: "Pot" has a broad appeal that can attract a wide range of cannabis consumers, from casual users to medical patients.
10. Versatility: "Pot" can be used as a versatile term to encompass various aspects of the cannabis industry, including cultivation, consumption, and education.

Here ere are 10 reasons why "weed" might be considered a better choice than pot:

1. Wider acceptance: "Weed" is a more commonly used term to refer to cannabis in everyday language. It has become widely accepted and recognized by a broader audience.
2. Cultural relevance: "Weed" has a strong association with cannabis culture, which can resonate with the target audience interested in cannabis-related content or products.
3. Positive connotations: "Weed" has a more neutral or positive connotation compared to "pot," which can be associated with negative stereotypes or drug-related connotations.
4. SEO advantages: "Weed" is a frequently searched keyword related to cannabis, which can potentially provide better search engine optimization (SEO) opportunities and visibility in search results.
5. Branding potential: "Weed" offers more creative branding possibilities due to its association with various aspects of cannabis culture, such as medicinal uses, recreational activities, or even advocacy.
6. Memorable and catchy: "Weed" is a short and straightforward term that can be easier to remember and has the potential to create a catchy domain name.
7. Growing market: The cannabis industry is rapidly expanding, and using "weed" in the domain name can signal relevance and connection to this growing market.
8. Social media compatibility: "Weed" is a term that aligns well with social media platforms, where cannabis-related content is often shared and discussed.
9. Domain availability: Due to its popularity, "weed" may have a higher chance of finding an available domain name that suits your website's purpose.
10. Target audience preference: If your target audience consists of individuals who primarily use the term "weed" to refer to cannabis, choosing it as a domain name can help establish a stronger connection and resonance with them.

Good luck.

•••
Ah, blame it on the espresso, but here's a joke for you:

Why did pot and weed decide to start a website together?

Because they wanted to turn their joint venture into a budding online business that would generate a buzz in the community, allowing them to live the "high life" without going up in smoke!

Last edited:
•••
medicinal weed near me or medicinal cannabis near me

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back