NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Has anyone sold "Smoke" domains? I noticed SmokeWeed.com sold for $6,600 and SmokeBreak was caught by dropcatch recently and auctioned.

•••
•••
That's okay... the US hemp market is a decade behind Germany's.

I agree, I figure were 5 years away "at least" before we see byproducts being developed in North America. Last summer was the first year for cultivation in the US so it's going to take time before there is available fiber. It is legal to be grown in Canada, but there are many restrictions that prevent farmers from incorporating hemp into a crop rotation. I have spoken to end users in the US and they said the hemp products they have tried to develop bled cash. In time hemp will be huge, just don't count on domains to sell for big $ any time soon. All the inquires I have had for my hemp names were low ball offers from domainers. We know who historically bought hemp names and they are in Germany. ;)

•••
I agree, I figure were 5 years away "at least" before we see byproducts being developed in North America. Last summer was the first year for cultivation in the US so it's going to take time before there is available fiber. It is legal to be grown in Canada, but there are many restrictions that prevent farmers from incorporating hemp into a crop rotation. I have spoken to end users in the US and they said the hemp products they have tried to develop bled cash. In time hemp will be huge, just don't count on domains to sell for big $ any time soon. All the inquires I have had for my hemp names were low ball offers from domainers. We know who historically bought hemp names and they are in Germany. ;)
I am long on hemp as well... really long, but I am a believer.
http://hempinc.com is an excellent example on hemp market leadership... they are in NC, but NV and CO have all approved hemp cultivation... not sure about OR and WA... but both of those states have excellent Ag on the East side of their States.
http://heminc.com has a very informative newsletter and it's not spammy. They also sport a free hemp whitepaper download... I might have posted that a while back.
Some of my favorite Hemp 'names I am holding:
  • HempLabor.com - muy bueno!
  • HempToiletPaper.com - this could be HUGE. As we all know, hemp grows faster than a Hippie leaving Texas, and to process hemp into paper products does not use nearly as much energy and chemicals as wood pulp. PLUS, wood pulp often comes from difficult and sensitive ecosystems, whereby hemp can be grown almost anywhere you can suck down on the aquifer.
  • DeutscheHemp.com and DeutscheHempAG.com - this is my stab in the dark to try to participate in the German market late. Not sure if they'll pay-off, but they do get type-in traffic worthy of hope.
  • HempLawsuit.com - I always try and get a "lawsuit" name in every keyword I troll... it's often a no brainer 'cuz lawyers are so freakin' greedy!
Otherwise, I have some seed, clothing and personal care product names, and recently paid $85 for CBDHempOil.org.
all my names are at:
http://marijuananames.org/hemp-cannabis.html
I know you guys are into the industrial names, i.e. construction, lubricants, concrete and such, but I think I'm late, and I think those names are extra-long holds because of need for industry development. There will be new categories coming, though because hemp is still an embryo.

•••
420 is coming soon. Have you guys heard of that??
This year, it's on 4/16 in Denver. Any time is doobie time, but you'll get a much better crowd on the weekend rather than a Wednesday.
Denver's is the largest, but Sweetwater is gaining.

I had an offer the other day on 420Festival. Low xxxx. It was through Godaddy so no way to know if it's Sweetwater.
Most likely will pocket it for another few years until there are a few more big 420 festivals across the country. At that point it will truly be "aged" at 15 years.

•••
I had an offer the other day on 420Festival. Low xxxx. It was through Godaddy so no way to know if it's Sweetwater.
Most likely will pocket it for another few years until there are a few more big 420 festivals across the country. At that point it will truly be "aged" at 15 years.
Yeah, I hear you...timing will be everything as IMHO I think Denver 420 as a "smokeout" and fest is now almost passé. Denver puts on a nice show, but sweetwater has bigger headliners because it's more of a Coachella setup. Denver's Beer Fest, however is a huge moneymaker.

•••
Yeah, I hear you...timing will be everything as IMHO I think Denver 420 as a "smokeout" and fest is now almost passé. Denver puts on a nice show, but sweetwater has bigger headliners because it's more of a Coachella setup. Denver's Beer Fest, however is a huge moneymaker.

Yeah, damn I'll say. DenverBeerFest.com redirects to Denver.org

•••

I was sure to have 420fest for Canada ;)

•••
•••
•••
Unsure about a TV show, thought that name would have gone for more.

•••

And April 2020 isn't that far off...double hit!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Industrial-hemp.de
Hemp.haus

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Lots of people seem to own .ORG hemp names. Anyone sell them for a decent amount?

•••
As far as legal weed... its far too early to be "too late to really cash in".

Reggae fueled ganja tourism, and a steady boom of boomers deciding to retire in Jamaica, are two ways they will really cashing in.

So much for any more foreign aid from the UK!
As far as legal weed, sadly Jamaica will be too late to really cash in.

•••
So much for any more foreign aid from the UK!
As far as legal weed, sadly Jamaica will be too late to really cash in.

it's been decriminalized there for a bit now already, legalization is just the next step. lots of ganja tourists. i lived there for 4 years.

•••
As far as legal weed... its far too early to be "too late to really cash in".

Reggae fueled ganja tourism, and a steady boom of boomers deciding to retire in Jamaica, are two ways they will really cashing in.
Where did you get your weed, at a ganja cafe, (they don't exist) or from a thug on the street?

They "decriminalized" weed, but would you like to discuss that with the local Jamaican police?
http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/04/15/jamaica-marijuana-laws/33298/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back