Dynadot

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every "Big Data" domain I look to reg are all snapped up, not only by people I know but companies too.

Just looked up - BigDataEdge.com , AlphaEdge Consulting beat me to it by 15 days.
Yeah, i have a list of a couple of dozen "bigdata" names and waiting for cheap coupon codes to register them. It is less painful to lose $2.00 than $10.00 if i have to drop them along the way. Some on my list have since been registered so they seem to be in demand.

Anyway have just registered BigDataOnlineGames(.)com using a GD $3.95 code.

•••
Reg'd InsuranceBigData.com, first went to google adwords keyword tools with 22,000 global searches and growing why not :)

•••
On DNJournal this week there were two Data related sales this week!

talktextdata.com - $4,088 and greendata.com - $5,000 :D

•••
greendata.com - $5,000 :D

Well.. This is not a fair comparison.. Its the best name in this thread.

What is GreenBigData worth based on this sale?

(It may have undersold imho.)

•••
I have no complaints about godaddy, I have been very happy with their services for the past few years. My question was about this specific backorder process that I had not encountered in the past and thought that some people here might know more about it. I am just trying to figure out why I have to make additional bids if I am the only bidder and that the auction is closed to the general public.

So, in short, your question is exactly the same as mine.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Reg'd InsuranceBigData.com, first went to google adwords keyword tools with 22,000 global searches and growing why not :)

insurance big data is only 36 global 16 USA. Make sure to check the box that says "Exact" on the left instead of "Broad".

•••

At this point in time the Adwords keyword tool results might not be a good indication for what could be the best uses for Big Data. IMO

A better way to see if a domain name is going to make sense or not might be to do a google search in the format below and see what people are saying about the usefulness of Big Data in the Industry that matches your keyword.

Do a Search for:

" Big Data " + " Keyword "

(with quotes)

For the keyword insurance it seems that there are a lot of results which talk about the usefulness of Big Data in that Industry.

So it looks like you got a good keyword domain name. (at least in my opinion :) ) , just be careful not to get carried away with registering hundreds of less relevant keywords.

insurance big data is only 36 global 16 USA. Make sure to check the box that says "Exact" on the left instead of "Broad".

If you are going to use the keyword tool try using "Exact" as indicated by MeanerDomainer.

Last edited:
•••
So, in short, your question is exactly the same as mine.

If expiring name is at Godaddy (pre pending delete):

Domain Backorders is a service that helps you attempt to acquire a domain name when it becomes available for registration. It includes a Domain Monitoring membership, a Go Daddy Auctions® membership, $10 toward your first auction bid, and one year of domain name registration.

If it it not at Godaddy:

Then normal dropcatching failure applies.

•••
Ive heard it with nice, obviously, but nice and honest are not the same thing.

Noone mentioned "honest" I dont think

I agree, be more positive and dont register names if you don't think they will sell...thats not aimed at you defaultuser, its aimed at anyone who reads it...you have enough experience to know that already

•••
Big Data
Big Data will drive $28 billion of worldwide IT spending in 2012, according to Gartner. This has been a huge trend that IT and business professionals alike have been paying attention to this year. Companies are spending money to understand and keep up with the demands of big data. This is something that marketers should be paying attention to because according to research VP at Gartner, “big data will evolve to become a standardized requirement in leading information architectural practices, forcing older practices and technology into early obsolescence” and “resisting this change will suffer severe economic impacts”.

This is what I found out for the doubting thomas

•••
Stumbled upon Datarrest, just sitting there, minding its own. Got the .info too, all for $1.35 GD discount code. Certainly my buy of the month. Seems it was a forensic software that is no longer supported for several years. Never trademarked, and with many applicable uses in big data (capturing, collection of, prevention of the collection of, taming of...)

•••
Just got dataandgo.com off the drop,:D

•••
.com
CyberDataAnalytics

got this one for $1.17 coupon code :smcom199

Last edited:
•••
Just got Dataanalytics360.com

•••
Reg'd InsuranceBigData.com, first went to google adwords keyword tools with 22,000 global searches and growing why not

22K...? i can only see 36 exacts.. why not indeed...

•••
LiveDataTV.com

DataTelevision.com

•••
•••
.COM
SolarBigData

Please don't be offended but I don't get this one Jideofor

What is your thought process behind this one?

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Please don't be offended but I don't get this one Jideofor

What is your thought process behind this one?

Cheers
Lol.. I did research before coming up with that. Google it. I understand your point though. It may not make sense.

•••
Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Im not sure I am up to scratch with big data domains even though I have a few, so if we have "solar big data" then could every word be worth registering? What I mean by this is if you have solar big data then maybe car companies will want car big data and jewellers want Jewellery big data etc etc....?

My main point being is that if you have a brandable domain like BigDataShop.com , then you can have big data for cars, solar, jewellery etc etc....right across the board, I might be wrong but If you just have "solar big data" will this just not limit your potential buyer for your big data domain to someone who only wants to provide solar data?

I have stuck to company brandables and 1 comparison, maybe I need to further my knowledge.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
maybe I need to further my knowledge.

Cheers

You should never stop learning.. but I tend to think you are on the right track in this case.

•••
•••
I'm only registering BD names when cheap GD coupon codes are avail. Did a check on the list i have of what i think (at least in my opinion) are good BD names and several have been regged so things are still moving along.

BigDataCommercial(.)com

•••
Im not sure I am up to scratch with big data domains even though I have a few, so if we have "solar big data" then could every word be worth registering? What I mean by this is if you have solar big data then maybe car companies will want car big data and jewellers want Jewellery big data etc etc....?

My main point being is that if you have a brandable domain like BigDataShop.com , then you can have big data for cars, solar, jewellery etc etc....right across the board, I might be wrong but If you just have "solar big data" will this just not limit your potential buyer for your big data domain to someone who only wants to provide solar data?

I have stuck to company brandables and 1 comparison, maybe I need to further my knowledge.

Cheers

We are all learning together here about Big Data and its applications (along with many companies that are just now paying attention to this technology). Although Big Data is going to have many social and business uses, but I believe that its not wise to get too specific with domain names unless its a keyword that really jumps at you as far as Big Data applications are concerned. I would think its best to stick with domains that have broader uses, at least for now. (off course this is just my opinion)

My new domain:

BigDataUnlimited.com

-

Last edited:
•••
Just regd:

BigDataOrganizer.com

BigDataExaminer.com

Well not just, but limited myself to two!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Cheers

Thanks and I get your point. I am still learning as well. Thanks to FX who guide me every inch of the way.

God bless you all

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back