NameSilo

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
biggie and tupac.

classic.

A godaddy $1 coupon and this thread makes me register stupid names - even accidental typos... duh! So I officially have the worst big data name in this thread. Congrats me.

I thought you might like that tag :p -

I knew you would join us on Big Data :bingo: - no matter what you regged, you still regged one :)

•••
I thought you might like that tag :p -

I knew you would join us on Big Data :bingo: - no matter what you regged, you still regged one :)

I feel obligated to participate :)

Thread may have peaked with what is big data but for what its worth...

Datastician I took because its informally a made up word thats used and I hate data scientist.

Took a couple of Firehose names too.

Also NeedleAnalytics and reregged some Semantic names I dropped before.

I will NEVER learn

Last edited:
•••
Which format do you all think works better for Big Data plus Keywords like genealogy.

BigDataGenealogy.com

or

GenealogyBigData.com

I got both, I was just wondering which one has better end-user and development potentials.

Last edited:
•••
Which format do you all think works better for Big Data plus Keywords like genealogy.

BigDataGenealogy.com

or

GenealogyBigData.com

The second. I was considering that one a few days ago, but didn't act.

It's like automotivebigdata, pharmaceuticalbigdata, consumerbigdata, etc.

In other news, somebody just snapped up bigdataenterprise.com on the drop before I could. Too many steps in Godaddy to win a hot name. :p

•••
In other news, somebody just snapped up bigdataenterprise.com on the drop before I could. Too many steps in Godaddy to win a hot name. :p
I had a backorder for it too, I guess I'll have to wait and see if I got it or not.

•••
Had some low offers this week for BigDataAmerica.com and BigData.so, i don't know to much about .so domains.

can anyone suggest a good selling price for BigData.so or what price i should accept same with BigData.tel.

Or does anyone know what the cloud.so or .tel went for to get a rough price!?

.so could also stand for strategic outsourcing which is connected to BigData.

Best Tony!

Last edited:
•••
Had some low offers this week for BigDataAmerica.com and BigData.so, i don't know to much about .so domains.

can anyone suggest a good selling price for BigData.so or what price i should accept same with BigData.tel.

Or does anyone know what the cloud.so or .tel went for to get a rough price!?

.so could also stand for strategic outsourcing with is connected to BigData.

Best Tony!
Don't know about .so and .tel that much, but BigDataAmerica.com is probably a five figure domain at the very least. (off course this is just my opinion)

•••
Don't know about .so and .tel that much, but BigDataAmerica.com is probably a five figure domain at the very least. (off course this is just my opinion)

Cheers for your response and best of luck with all your BigData domains :D

•••
Well - I put a $6000 BIN for AmericanBigData.com :) I am not in a hurry :)

regged BigDataVenture.com

Wanted to reg ConsumerBigData one week ago but forgot about it. Now its too late as i see. Shame on me !

•••
I haven't encountered a situation like this with godaddy backorders in the past, does anyone here know how this is supposed to work,

I had backordered the following three Big Data domains with godaddy,

BigDataStats.com

BigDataHelp.com

BigDataEnterprise.com

BigDataStats.com and BigDataHelp.com were caught for me successfully by godaddy :)

But I received an email indicating that the domain BigDataEnterprise.com has been sent to auction and that I needed to login in order to make a bid on it. Is this because there were more than one backorder for this domain, but when I go to my godaddy auction account it only shows that there is one bid on it (I assume that that is my backorder that has been turned in to the first bid), but if there is only one bid for this domain which is mine then why wasn't it caught for me like the other two domains indicated above.

PS: this is what it shows when I login to my account at godaddy auctions:

Domain name: BigDataEnterprise.com
Current Price: $10
Asking Price: $10
Bids: 1
Time left: 6d 12h

Last edited:
•••
Got a few more.

BigDataUnited.com

and

BigDataRescue.com

•••
I reckon Santa probably uses big data.

•••
•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
This thread could be renamed "the official December 2013 droplist"
or something like that... :)

•••
This thread could be renamed "the official December 2013 droplist"
or something like that...

You know the saying don't you?

If you have got anything positive to say......

•••
http://www.crn.com/slide-shows/data-center/240142568/big-data-buzzwords-from-a-to-z.htm

A few available keywords extracted from the article (as of this post):

COLUMNARDATABASE.NET
COLUMNARDATABASE.ORG
COLUMNORIENTEDDATABASE.NET
COLUMNORIENTEDDATABASE.ORG
COLUMNARDB.NET
COLUMNARDB.ORG
ACIDDB.NET
ACIDDB.ORG
ACIDDATABASE.NET
ACIDDATABASE.ORG
ETLSOFTWARE.NET
ETLSOFTWARE.ORG
NOSQLDATABASES.NET
NOSQLDATABASES.ORG
QUANTITATIVEDATAANALYSIS.NET
QUANTITATIVEDATAANALYSIS.ORG

•••
You know the saying don't you?

If you have got anything positive to say......

I've never heard of that saying quite like that.

I've heard that sometimes people don't want to hear the truth though...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXwdRqyGM-o"]Geico - Abraham Lincoln.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

•••
Well you are the first.....lol

Most people would know the rest,..you could throw "nice" in there as well if you prefer

Google is your friend

If people are going to try and throw in some funnies, maybe try and make them a little funny

Ok, let's get back to to thread....

Last edited:
•••
Most people would know the rest,..you could throw "nice" in there as well if you

Ive heard it with nice, obviously, but nice and honest are not the same thing.

You know else they say?

The truth hurts.
Honesty is the best policy.

People also say dreams can come true..

No one says nightmares can come true..

Maybe thats your point.

I have names.
They are more likely to be dropped 2013 than worth xx,xxx. I guess i should just be more positive - that will fix it.

Replace Big with Massive and see whats available imho.

•••
But I received an email indicating that the domain BigDataEnterprise.com has been sent to auction and that I needed to login in order to make a bid on it. Is this because there were more than one backorder for this domain, but when I go to my godaddy auction account it only shows that there is one bid on it (I assume that that is my backorder that has been turned in to the first bid), but if there is only one bid for this domain which is mine then why wasn't it caught for me like the other two domains indicated above.

PS: this is what it shows when I login to my account at godaddy auctions:

Domain name: BigDataEnterprise.com
Current Price: $10
Asking Price: $10
Bids: 1
Time left: 6d 12h

I am interested in answer to this too. Is cheeseball bob & gang just trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of him? :laugh:
If they were, they probably couldn't lose either way (especially averaged over a number of domains ranked "decent" or better): they either get some more money for it or if they end up with the winnig bid and turn it into a "premium domain" (or whatever they call it) down the road.... :laugh:

•••
Just thought I would share a piece from the New York Times

" That is the logic behind predictions of a surge in demand for people with Big Data skills, both technologists and business analysts. Last month, Gartner predicted that 1.9 million technology jobs would be created to support Big Data analytics in the United States by 2015, and three times that many jobs outside of computing."

Anyone not fancying "Big Data" Domains, your choice!!!!

Cheers

•••
I am interested in answer to this too. Is cheeseball bob & gang just trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of him? :laugh:
If they were, they probably couldn't lose either way (especially averaged over a number of domains ranked "decent" or better): they either get some more money for it or if they end up with the winnig bid and turn it into a "premium domain" (or whatever they call it) down the road.... :laugh:

I have no complaints about godaddy, I have been very happy with their services for the past few years. My question was about this specific backorder process that I had not encountered in the past and thought that some people here might know more about it. I am just trying to figure out why I have to make additional bids if I am the only bidder and that the auction is closed to the general public.

Last edited:
•••
Every "Big Data" domain I look to reg are all snapped up, not only by people I know but companies too.

Just looked up - BigDataEdge.com , AlphaEdge Consulting beat me to it by 15 days.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back